Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Ben...i agree, top quality tropheus shots! i think u female is one cute little lady. Looks very healthy indeed. So lucky to have the camera handy just when she is about to spit the dud egg! Have u decided whether u will strip them or let them spit naturally? I have found sometimes that the females hold a lot of pebbles as well...amazing how they don't damage the eggs! I can see u are well and truly hooked with your tropheus! Keep the pics coming! clap.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have u decided whether u will strip them or let them spit naturally?

Hi Dave,

I will strip for now. As you can see from the pic below I don't keep allot of rocks in my Tropheus tanks so there isn't really anywhere good for little ones to hide. When and if I am flooded with fry I will give it a go. I missed the first mouthful when I first got them and there isn't any survives. cryblow.gif

user posted image

• 2 weeks later...

Common guys ..

Where has the enthusiasm gone confused.gif

This is a new 6x2x1.5 for my loungeroom to compete with the tele LOL.gif

user posted image

Just need the finish the wall unit now wink2.gif

user posted image

Nkondes subadults are in this tank .......soon to be joined by my Duboisi colony.

Should look awesome with the mix hug.gif

Ps ....i,m still drooling over some of those earlier pics in this thread

Cheers Kevin

These are for Merjo.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And some bub Shots

I dont normally strip my girls but had a female nearly bashed to death and had to save these guys.

user posted image

cryblow.gif

The fish in the fry tumbler next to them are flavus at the same age.

Josh

great pics guys!

Keep posting all your pics!

Tiger... Ideal size tank for your tropheus! How many duboisi are u adding to the mix? Would look amazing with the two contrasting colours! Make sure u keep posting pics when the newcomers arrive! thumbup.gif

Josh...how many weeks are those Nkonde fry? Must be close to 3 weeks? They usually survive if they are able to swim, just be careful with the egg sacs, they are very fragile!

Dave

They would have to be around 15-20 days, I dont really take notice of when my girls are holding anymore. It seems to be all the time

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys smile.gif .

lee- I've got 11 little guys that were spat a few months ago. They're doing great. I haven't got any fry since though dntknw.gif . NLS is a great food. Don't just switch all of a sudden though. Wean your Ts onto it gradually.

Jamie.

Seems like there is a tropheus explosion in Cowra at the moment! U might have to start your own little tropheus club overthere with all your growing members!  thumbup.gif

thumbup.gif Yeah I been trying to convert them to Tropheus. I think my efforts are paying of perhaps its because I haven't lost a fish for well over a year and starting to be rewarded with fry. I'm going to be starting 2 new colonys soon probably wild caughts of some variety I'm always changing my mind there is so many trophs to choose from. That should get them keener. LOL.gif

Everyones pics look fantastic keep them coming clap.gif

Archived