Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

They are doing good Jamie. I have split them into two groups now. the inside tank has around 40 fish and the colony in the fish room are starting to show the signs of breeding (they are also for sale). I seemed to have beaten the major aggression problem I had and lost only fish after a month or so of trying to get them to settle down confused.gif Got four girls holding now and thing have settled for me......for now......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Josh, how about a few pics mate, we haven't seen some in a while  smile.gif ?

Aline, how are the new tanks coming along? Is that new Limestone you got for them?

Hey Hey Jamie,

We now have 6 x 6 footers and 6 x 5 footers and the fours and threes will be here after new year.

Very exciting times - still a little work on the air lines etc but I think I can see the end smile.gif

Unsure of the limestone use as yet - it was just a bargain so couldn't pass up wink2.gif

Cheers

Aline

Jamie....luv to see more pics of your MOOPs! They look quite big at the moment. Are they at least 12cm? Must make my way to your place one day and see them in person. Let me know when u are coming over.

Was talking to Nigel again about tropheus breeding and he has made some interesting and valid points:

1. May be less breeding during Summer due to the hotter aquarium water. Optimal breeding temperature is 25 degrees.

2. Fluctuating Kh and Gh due to reactive substrates may prevent successful breeding?

3. Gh should not exceed 180ppm or 10dGH. I have been thinking about this point and believe it is the problem that prevents mouthfuls making it to term ie. 21 weeks. To see it in a simplistic manner, if the Gh is too low then the eggs are fragile and won't last and if it is too high (which is what it is in my case - 358ppm or 20dGH) the eggs are too hard and won't allow the sperm to penetrate!! The holding mothers will realise their eggs are not fertilised and will either spit them to be eaten by others or eat them themselves!

Josh...would luv to see more pics of your Nkondes and Brichardis!!

Dave I would love to see some pics of the Brichardi's too woot.gif Be patient young jedi. The time will come......

As for the Gh...... dntknw.gif........mine stays pretty constant on 13 degrees. I only seem to get 8-10 fry per mouthfull. I dont know if thats the normal size, but thats what I am getting from them

Josh

Hi Fellow Tropheus Fanatics!

Here is a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase your very own colony of F1 Tropheus Moorii Murago Yellow Morph (Zongwe) from Airfish Germany. There are 20 juveniles at 3-4cm that would make a nice breeding colony. This is your chance to own the first colony ever in Australia!!!

There are 20 of these at $50 each!

Here are some pics:

Pic by Carl Eklind:

user posted image

Pic by Ralph Lindberg:

user posted image

Please contact Nigel on 96329496 or mobile 0413364840 if you are interested.

Dave

Such nice fish and great price but so little tank space (or even wall space for a new tank). They are exactly the ones I wanted too cryblow.gif . Oh well i guess I will have to own the second or third colony in Aus instead.

Hi Guys,

I heard from Nigel today that someone is willing to buy 10 of the Yellow muragos so if anyone else wants the other ten let Nigel know about it! However, Nigel prefers to sell them as a colony of 20.

But my advice as well as Nigel's (who has vast tropheus keeping experience), take the plunge and buy all 20 of them!!!

thx

Dave

Yeah, buy the 20 for sure. The trouble with buying only 10 is that these fish are rare around here. When the time comes to increase the colony there mightn't be any around. So, whoever the mystery buyer is, unless you can source more of these guys, take the plunge and buy the lot thumb.gif , otherwise you'll wish you did.

Jamie.

Andrea...great Bemba spawning pics! I wish i could take pics like that!!! And i really like the rockwork!

Is that a fully golden tropheus? Ask Nigel if he can get it! Would luv to get that morph if it is available. Maybe u should get it Andrea.

Josh...if we get a subforum, i am sure there will be a lot of complaints from other specie fanatics!!! I am glad the Mods are not stopping this thread since very often we do go off topic. Thx guys for understanding! thumbup.gif

Thanks for the link Andrea. That Troph is absolutely beautiful yes.gif . It's amazing how broad the colour variations are with Tropheus. It would be great to see some of those down under that's for sure.

Hey Dave, well done mate, you cracked the 500 thumb.gif .

Jamie.

PS I like to think of this as our own little sub-forum, well done again Dave.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all (even non-tropheus lovers! LOL.gif )!

A special Thank You to our Mods (especially Merjo and Ged) who have allowed this off topic thread to continue for so long! I think we have proven there are enough of us rare tropheus lovers out there! It would be great if we could have one last present - a dedicated subforum for tropheus! To keep others happy - can also add Featherfin, Mbuna, and Frontosa sub-forums!!! clap.gif

Calling all tropheus fanatics to vote for a sub-forum here!!!

thx

Dave

Merry Christmas to all the Tropheus lovers.

I was given the following books for Christmas, "Tanganyika Secrets" and "Tanganyika Cichlids in Their Natural Habitat". Now I just need to get some tropheus.

Dave only donate the fish if a sub forum is created for us. Hold them to ransom mate. Also let the others earn the right to there own sub form. we have put in the hard yards

I will second the aqualog tropheus book. I dont own it but have got it from the NSWCS libaray a few times and it is a top book.

Josh hysterical.gif

Archived