Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow a few more post in the last few days!!! good to see.

Aline i spoke to my supplier today, and saw his stash, yes there are about 20 maybe from 2-5cm.

He has your number, Hopefully he calls you soon.

Hope it works out! wink2.gif

Thank you for your initiative and for your help smile.gif

Every now and then this hobby brings an individual willing to really help out thumb.gif

I will await his call.

Cheers

Aline

Glad to help bigsmile.gif

If he doesnt call you this week let me know, he might be a bit apprehensive as he has to pull his 4x2x2 down to get them out, not a huge amount of rock but still enough to make you procrastinate a bit. and i dont beleive he has a spare tank to put the fry in just as yet, but this will probably change very soon. I will have to put up a few more recent pics of mine so you can see what they will be like. oh and i will send you his E-mail

I have a feeling that maybe some fry left the 2nd mother and was taken up by the first mother. Don't know if this happens with tropheus? Maybe we should throw this question towards our President?

hth

Dave

Dave different female tropheus will pick up fry and care for them,i have seen this a fair bit.

When i have a few females in a bucket to strip they keep on picking up the fry from the stripped female.

Also when u catch a female and she spits eggs and doesnt pick them up again i get a different female and she will pick the eggs up and care for them.

Excellent pics and Tropheus guys/gals thumb.gif

Jamie.. luv your Moops! Looking great. Will have to come and see them in person!

Andy...those duboisi look so cute. Is it the way u took the pic or do they look a bit stunted?

Hey Jim....thxs for comfirming that other female trophs played surrogate mothers which makes this species of fish so appealing due to the great maternal instinct these mouthbrooders have and there eagerness to share the burden of raising fry!!!

Keep posting some tropheus pics guys!

Dave

It looks like we are starting a trend here, so maybe we should have a few subforums to spice things up a bit!!! wink2.gif

hey guys ive read this whole thread and am very intrigued by all these cool tropheus and am currently trying to work out where i can set up a tank for tropheus!! I was wondering what the availability of Tropheus moorii "Isanga" was any of these in aus?

Cheers guys

Kimbo

found another site with a few more good photos on it trophini.com

Nice moliro Jim, he/she looks just like my little vegetarian piranahs

Also when u catch a female and she spits eggs and doesnt pick them up again i get a different female and she will pick the eggs up and care for them.

aint that nice, who says that they are all bad tempered. smile.gif

Kimbo...great to see another Tropheus convert!!!! Welcome to the club! I haven't seen any Tropheus Isanga available in Sydney but why don't u give Nigel a pm and maybe he could import some!!!

Jim...Great to see another MoliroMan!!! Please post more pics of your tropheus! What other variants do u have?

YAY biggrin.gif i just convinced my olds if i let go of the two small tanks in my room i can get a big1 in there and gess whats going in there TROPHEUS. so in a few months ill have some pics to share.but i cant decide what ones blink.gif all these awsom pics just made it harder.

james

James....somehow, Tropheus fever is strong in WA. Don't know whether it is because Bengaboy and Anita Ozfish live their or maybe it is Andrea's amazing rockscapes?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Tropheini! Be sure to ask us any questions u may have in setting up your first tropheus tank. Remember to plan everything beforehand and don't leave any stones unturned.

What tropheus variants are available over in WA? Don't know if Nigel is willing to ship over there but if he does, he can get u pretty much any of the 100 variants that are available! thumbup.gif

Keep us posted on your progress.

And post your pics!

Ps.. What do your parents think is a big tank?

G'day Guys,

I was just wondering if others look at their fish like I do. I like to sit with my nose pressed up aginst the glass laugh.gif . It's like a poorman's version of swimming with your fish. Their colours look really cool and they look much bigger. Does anyone else do this? If not, have a go, it's pretty cool smile.gif .

Jamie.

Calling all tropheus fanatics!

Show us your tropheus tank pics!

Tropheus Moliro and Kiriza 2 colony in a 4 by 2 by 2.

user posted image

Moliro & K2 fry growout tank, only 30inch standard.

user posted image

Ilangi breeding colony tank in a custom made Xtreme Aquariums curved 4 foot tank.

user posted image

Kiriza 1 and 2 fry growout tank. Can't see any fish since they are still small!

user posted image

Ikola & Golden Kazumba breeding 5 foot Aquaone tank.

user posted image

Moliro juvenile holding tank with adult Bembas (for sale!).

user posted image

Wollongong beach/Port Kembla pic taken this weekend.

user posted image

Enjoy!

Dave

Archived