Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Thanks guys for the compliments!

It was a lucky shot with the GKs! I think they are starting to breed and enjoying the higher kH. However, i am not sure if i have enough since there is only 4 of them but they are really taking special interest in one another. With my luck i may have 4 males. But hopefully my wildcaughts will turn up soon!

Hey guys, let see more tropheus pics! I don't want to be the only one posting them.

Dave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Dave,

Still the same fish but here is an update to show that my moliros are happy and growing up well. The first 2-3 males are staring to assert their dominance and loose their juvie stripes (first pic). The photo doesn't do him justice unfortunatley.

user posted image

and one of the lesser males.

user posted image

-Mat- smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

That first shot just jumps out and smacks you across the face clap.gif . I absolutely love it. I also love your Moliro shot. Good work and thanks for reviving the thread, hopefully everyone can fire up and get some more shots up. How's the WC GK front coming along?

Jamie.

Nice one Dave, that photo of the Ilangis at the bottom is an absolute cracker, i just cant get mine to stay still long enough to get a photo like that.

I can't wait to see if my moliros will colour up as well as yours.

-Mat-

Hi all,

Well I’m finally a Tropheus keeper again. Over the years I have kept duboisi Kigoma Tanzania, sp. Black Bemba Zaire, moorii Kasanga Tanzania and for a very short time (a few hrs because Andy bought them off me a few hrs after I did LOL.gif ) moorii Ilangi Nkamba Bay.

On the weekend I purchased a colony of Tropheus sp. Kaiser Ikola Tanzania.

Here are a few pics of what I have kept and a few of the Ikola. Better pics of the Ikola to follow.

duboisi Kigoma Tanzania

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

sp. Black Bemba Zaire

user posted image

moorii Kasanga Tanzania

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

moorii Ilangi Nkamba Bay

user posted image

sp. Kaiser Ikola Tanzania

user posted image

Thanks guys!

I was holding out for days resisting the urge to post to revive the thread but i could see the thread disappearing from the front page!!! I couldn't let that happen. I hope the MOds don't mind this! :shock: But come on guys, i wouldn't need to do this if u would all help out sometime and let us know what is happening in your little tropheus world!! I am sure u could spare some time away from your tropheus to pick up a camera and take some pics! :thumb Also, those new Tropheus converts, we want to see pics of your nubie setups! Great to hear how things are coming along. And we haven't heard much from the President of the Tropheus club lately and i am sure we would luv some updated Lufubu pics! ;)

Jamie....I am waiting for the arrival of my WC Golden Kazumba on the 20th of December courtesy of Nigel!! :lol4: Will post some pics when i get them.

Wormboy...i got a little trick to get my ilangi to stay still...i take pics when i do a water change. I change up to 75% of the water and they have very little room to swim away that way so i can take some pics. Don't worry, it isn't for very long and they tend to colour up nicely when the new water is going in!

Ben....Great to see u have seen the light and returned to the Tropheus club!!! Where did u get those ikolas from, they look amazing!! Nice solid yellow band!! Have u got any spare females? :dntknw:

Hey hey Dave,

Great pics as always thumb.gif getting better and better each time methinks.

Those Ilangi's are special!!

Lufubus going great guns as are all the rest. The new tanks have started to arrive we have 6 x 6 footers on their stands waiting to go with the rest arriving in time for Christmas. The T's are all eyeing their new homes and counting down the minutes.

The quality of these new tanks is outstanding and so far removed from the crap we were almost stuck with before, that they have to be seen to be believed. The old adage 'you get what you pay for' has never been truer smile.gif

Once they are set up, all shiny and new, filled with excited, cranky T's I will play pretend photographer once again.

Good to see life in the thread again.

Cheers

Aline

Hi President Aline!!! LOL.gif

Do u offer one year boarding for tropheus colonies?

Where did u get those tanks from? Would be good to know when i can finally get my first 6 footer!

When everything is setup i would greatly appreciate a guided tour! thumb.gif

thx

Dave

Hi Dave,

Guided tours to special people always available smile.gif

Our new tanks were ordered through Anthony at Auburn Aquariums - his supplier is suberb.

Need to feed my fish right now before they come upstairs looking for me.

Cheers

Aline

Good to hear everything is on track Aline thumb.gif . It must be nice to get them in time for Chrissy too. Too bad this time of year is so manic that you won't have time to set 'em up laugh.gif .

Keep us updated,

Jamie (wondering if he's special enough to get one of these tours of yours bigsmile.gif ).

Aline...i think Jamie and I deserve a tropheus tour!!!!! Please? wub.gif

Also i am looking for a place to rent in Woonona so maybe we can be neighbours and i could come visit frequently!!! clap.gif

I bought a 4 by 2 by 2 tank from Auburn and it is still in great shape! I luv how the lids are designed to slide easily on the top. Also the furniture is rock solid and i guess is worth the extra u pay for it!

Get out Aline, and get out now!!!! LOL.gif .

Just thought I'd post and say that I also increased the kH in my tank and I must say that the colours on the Moops are much brighter. I'm going to gradually increase the buffer over the next few water changes to bring the kH up to 18. At the moment it's sitting at around 15-16. I'll let you guys know if there's increased breeding behaviour as the kH rises.

Seeyas,

Jamie.

Jamie...i think Aline has already moved house or at least bought a killer guard dog trained to attack suspicious looking Asians!!! LOL.gif

You are welcome to come anytime mate!

I think u should consider keeping tropheus in that octagonal setup!!! Then u can post on the forum boasting about the smallest setup u can keep tropheus successfully in!!!!! thumbup.gif

Jamie...i think Aline has already moved house or at least bought a killer guard dog trained to attack suspicious looking Asians!!!  LOL.gif

Nope still here smile.gif but have not one dog, but three - trained to attack all that attack me - but leave well meaning T lovers alone, even you Dave LOL.gifLOL.gif

The black belgian shephard cross however may nip you heels every now and again - just ask Josh woot.gif

Hope to see you all in person real soon.

Aline

I was having a discussion with Nigel today and am seriously considering removing all my coral sand substrate and limestone holey rock because there may be a tendency for the Seachem salts and buffers to adversely react with these "reactive" substrates!!! Maybe the reason why my Gh is so elevated!

What do all u tropheus owners out there think about this?

thx

Dave

Jamie...i think Aline has already moved house or at least bought a killer guard dog trained to attack suspicious looking Asians!!! LOL.gif

Dont worry about it Dave the dog isnt a racist, he attacks everybody. I have been there a few times and he still loves to get me when I visit, just dont were your good pants.

Jamie

Once you see the driveway you will only visit once

Ben

They look like a very nice group of fish

Josh

Hey hey,

Just spent the afternoon with Nigel (thank you for looking after us as usual wink2.gif )and left poorer but happy - though they were mainly cats uuuggghhhh for Matty and rocks for me smile.gif . Highlight of the day though, I saw your Golden Kazumbas - Dave they were spectacular and BIG. There is also a King Kazumba with beautiful facial markings that kind of ruled the rest. Might have to pit him against King Bulu thumb.gif .

Also saw the Ndole Red's who were also displaying great colour but will be spectacular when in their own home.

I have set up the first of the new six foots for the big cats and they are settled and looking for hidey holes. I have told them however that they will be relinquishing their abode for the T's when the 5's arrive smile.gif .

Pretty Ikola Ben thumbup.gif

Cheers

Aline

Archived