Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i can see why the Lufubu is such a popular Tropheus variant, the colours are absolutely stunning woot.gif !! U have clearly got yourself some very nice wildcaught specimens, the first i can dare say in Sydney (maybe Australia?). I can already make out a dominant male showing off to a potential female so i am sure you will be expecting many fry in the near future!

Well done Aline!!! thumbup.gif

The fry line mmmmmmmmmmm out the door yes.gif

The pressure's on woot.gif

I will keep the first few - safety in numbers remains my Tropheus creed. The great thing is having bought them as young adults, the 18 month to two year wait has passed. Having a look at the amount of free love in the tank these guys know what it's all about shock.gif

Thank you all for your words of admiration for my new T's.

Cheers

Aline

G'day Aline,

That's great that they are doin' the shimmy, shimmy, shake, shake smile.gif . They must really be sweet with their new home. Any holders yet? Hope they go gang busters for ya.

On a side note, I was hangin' with The Moops and noticed 2 more little Moopies thumb.gif . They are getting some stick from the fry that were spat about 2 months ago but they look really healthy. That makes my colony 25 adults and 10 little guys. I also have 3 females that are holding. The Moops are doin' ok smile.gif .

Lovin' this thread,

Jamie.

Go little baby Moopies smile.gif

I have two female lufubus holding - one arrived that way so their birthing should happen soon thumb.gif will they be lufubies?? dntknw.gif

Aline

Lufubies- very cute wub.gif . Let's hope they hold full term, considering all the vultures circling overhead, ready to snatch up any unsuspecting fry bigsmile.gif .

Seeya and be sure to keep the pics coming, we won't get sick of seeing 'em,

Jamie.

No offence taken Nigel:hug:

I have mentiond before, that I now have all the colour variants I have wanted for many years smile.gif

With the exception of some more KII's (more Bulus already organised) I have enough fish for two colonies of each variant smile.gif . That's not to say that I will not be tempted LOL.gif but they will have to be something pretty special from now on in.

Dave - I have had the most success with the Chipimbis (both healthwise and numbers breeding) and will treat these guys the same - so no stripping - I will not stress them out unduly. They have one more move ahead of them - into the new fish room - tanks arriving over the next three to four weeks and then the tank will remain as set up.

Andrea - have you got the hint yet that we are all keen to meet you in person?

Cheers

Aline

Aline...i admire the fact that u truly care about the well being of your tropheus rather than wanting to get more fry per mouthful for monetary reasons! :clap:clap

Andrea....let us all sponsor your trip over from Perth via Virgin Blue with a suitcase full of rocks and you will be staying in Aline's tropheus fishroom heaven! :lol2:

Andrea....let us all sponsor your trip over from Perth via Virgin Blue with a suitcase full of rocks and you will be staying in Aline's tropheus fishroom heaven!  laugh.gif

A suitcase of rocks.....get real......we need to hire the hold and as many plane seats as is possible. It would be a lonely flight but good things will await at the other side. LOL.gifwoot.gif

I would be interested in a price guide and time frame too Andrea smile.gif

We get to keep you once you come yes.gifyes.gif

Aline

Jim...thanks for posting! U should post pics of your Ilangi F0 colony. I am sure they would look great now!!!! What ever happened to those Chaitika. Not heard about them anymore. Chaitika owners please post pics here! I can see you would luv to get some Petrochromis over here as well! :wink2:

Here is a pic of my Lupota:

user posted image

Here is a pic from Akwafoto of what they can look like:

user posted image

So i guess mine weren't as nice but if i had kept them longer, they may have been!

Had a pair of Polli as well. They were hyperaggressive but i loved how u could easily tell the male and female apart!

Great specimens thumb.gif but nothing yet that surpasses my choices IMO:wub

I have finally sourced 9 adult polli which takes my colony numbers to 20 woot.gif

The bulus will be here in March.

Still need more KII's dntknw.gif anyone?

Aline

Aline...How are your precious "bluntheads" going? Any fry for sale yet? blush.gif Have u moved them to their final home yet? Luv to see more pics if u have any!

Does that mean you have 20 Polli now? What is the M:F ratio? Any pics?

Wormboy....thx, i was getting worried the thread was dying down so i decided to give it a bit of a lift. Come on guys, don't just rely on me. Feel free to post anything that is Tropheus related here!

Andrea....i don't think u need to worry about the financial side of things since we are all looking into getting your rocks! And if u do get those yellow morphs, it will pay for itself very soon especially if u get wildcaught adults. But i think Nigel should sell them to u on one condition............that u move over into Sydney so that we can come see them!!! woot.gif

Jim....i think the totally automated tropheus maintenance setup should be a real seller. If u can make it a reality, i will surely change my setup! I think your previous display tank had a built in water changer so it shouldn't be too hard to get salts/buffers added automatically as well! But then it will take all the fun out of maintain these little buggers!

Does that mean you have 20 Polli now? What is the M:F ratio? Any pics?

Almost - the nine will be here at the end of the month - which will take the colony to 20 fish. 7:13 is the guesstimate.

Andrea - the yellow morphs are pretty but Linangu are thumb.gif

Aline

Kevin...great pics mate! I have yet found a way to keep a tropheus still enough to take a good pic except when they are suffering from bloat! sad.gif

Is that Nkonde yellow from Josh or Jim? Looks great, almost like the yellow morph kirizas!

Your moliros look exceptionally red, more so than mine! Are they the "super red" variety?

Great to see you post some pics and join the club!

Lets keep this thread going guys :thumbup:

IPB Image

Duboisi maswa .........I wonder why a lot of people shun the duboisi ? :dntknw:

Its one of my favourites :thumb

IPB Image

Juvie Bulu pt.........i no longer have any but would love a new colony

IPB Image

Kiriza Kii.........poor quality pic though ........ima grabbing at straws here :lol3:

AHHHHHHHHH Tropheus .....ya gotta love them :hug:

most entertaining out of all fish i've kept .

Seeing some of the pics earlier in this thread is making me

decide to get a lot more :shock:

cheers Kevin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin...i had a colony of Duboisi, but was very said to sell them. Luckily i had 3 fry remaining which i have kept to today and they look like they will start breeding again! They were my first tropheus and the ones that attracted me to tropheus in the first place. They remind me of the saltwater equivalent of the clownfish! I think it is the transition from speckled fry to adult colours that is so amazing as well.

Also the Bulu point looks nice. What happened to them?

Finally, your K2 looks a bit orange. Are u sure it wasn't a Bemba crossbreed or maybe a Bemba?

Archived