Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Jamie... those Ilangi look stunning Andy, don't tell me u sold them for "pseudotropheus"!!!! shock.gif U need to keep the real thing mate!!!! no.gif

Aline..i am sure your blurriest pictures will still be stunning! I started this thread in order to entice u into showing us those lovely WC Lufubu - my dream tropheus!!!!

Wormboy...i have used up all my wall space and can no longer keep any more colonies cryblow.gif But my advice to u is to plan your fishroom well. Think the biggest tank u can afford and squeeze in and then think how many more of these tanks u can fit!!! thumbup.gif

Actually, the aim of this thread is to squash the myth that tropheus are very difficult to keep. They are not, so don't be afraid to give them a go, but be warned, u will be hooked!!!

LOL Dave, Damm for a minute there i thought you ment there was 2 distinct types of kiriza.( like with dubosi) But no I now understand that you mean Ikola K1 or kiriza, K2. I think from my pics its pretty clear that the yelllow goes to the top of the dorsal, and is a more narow band, so Yes they are Kiriza as i know them.

Ilangi shots look great, I soo want a colony of yellows next. Well as soon as i get the next 6x2x2 set up, I will be happy with 4 colonies then.....its just a juggle with the cash ....Tropheus.......Xenos...

Aline i must say i am a tad disapointed with my duboisi, these are fry from a rather famous colony. I also lost a heap ~30 to bloat a year or so ago ,have 3 left.....they are the only tropheus i have that currently breed but!! go figure.1m, 2f, 10 fry..

It is good to see soo many pics, (even if they are not picture perfect we know what they are like in the flesh) Good work all..... thumbup.gif

Trofius...u mean u have kiriza 2 since kiriza means ikola. I know u know what u mean. I think a fourth colony is a good idea. Maybe u should get another variant that none of us have so we can get some fry off of u!!! clap.gif

I have only 3 duboisi left from my colony that i sold off and they are starting to breed. I think duboisi are the only tropheus u can keep in smaller numbers in the company of differ fish or other tropheus variants.

Here is the moliro pic i posted earlier that has been Photoshopped CS2 by a friend. I think i need to invest in this programme to try and improve my photos!

user posted image

Some of you may be aware we are having the tanks for the fishroom rebuilt <_< and as such I set up an existing six footer for the Lufubu. Unfortunately it is an old restaurant lobster tank and the sides are scratched very artisically-which makes for very scratched shots. Couple that with the energetic nature of it's inhabitants and my camera challengedness and you have the reasons for my procrastination.

I do have a shot of them that Nigel took in quarantine so that will have to do for now

IPB Image]

Cheers

Aline

Aline..luv the Lufubu. Hope all is well. Any fry yet? I bags first mouth full. Can't wait to see them in person when all is settled. Will u be conducting Tropheus tours and tropheus fish keeping tutorials?

Wormboy...i think u will be getting your next colony very soon, i can feel it!

David (Bijengum) ... i already thought of stacking up but i don't think my wife will agree sad.gif

Here are some spawning shots i took last night. She didnt actually spawn last night but some time today. I came home from a hard day at work to find her with her second mouthfull. Cool ehy

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Great pics WW!

Did u say u only had a pair of duboisi? I think u need more tropheus mate! But i guess we will let u into the club anyway! LOL.gifthumbup.gif

Is the one retaining the dots the female? I bet u can't wait to get some dubby babies, they look the cutest out of all the tropheus!

Did u photoshop these pics?

Great pics WW!

Did u say u only had a pair of duboisi? I think u need more tropheus mate! But i guess we will let u into the club anyway!  LOL.gif  thumbup.gif

Is the one retaining the dots the female? I bet u can't wait to get some dubby babies, they look the cutest out of all the tropheus!

Did u photoshop these pics?

Yup only a pair. Not ideal, and I would love some more. I have 5 babies at the moment.

Nice to know im in the "club" though.

The spotty one is the female. Its strange that she has retained the dots for this long. I think it is because she is still quite small - she is probably stunted because the male gives her such a hard time.

The babies are wonderful. So cute. Good feeders too. They are currently about 1.2cm in a floating fish hotel in the big tank. The male checks up on them from time to time and chases them from the outside of the floatie. Funny to watch, he is so agro.

Noyd...i agree with Jamie! Your duboisi look very healthy. How many do u have and in what size tank? Looks like u keep them with some malawi cichlid, any diet issues? The banding looks uniform and straight - are they kigoma or white band duboisi? Where did u get them from?

Thanks...

There is 8 in my 3' along with 5 blue dolphins.. they are fed on OSI spriluna only.. and the dolphins seem to love it too. I did begin with more of them but lost a few due to bloat... but all settled in well now. =)

As to what sort.. I beleive just Maswa...both the blood lines are F1 (Except for marls lot, father was F1 only) and the fish were bought from Jim and Marls.

U could try slowly introducing the NLS 1mm pellets and see how they go. I am sure the dolphins would luv the variety!

That explains why they are so nice - Jim has great duboisi!!!

No aggression issues in your 3footer?

There is some aggression of course.. but not much to worry about... when I started losing duboisis I thought I better put some other fish in there to stop the aggression a bit and it worked out... the dolphins were 3cm now they are quite big and breeding within 8 months on a simple diet.. with nice colour too.

Heres a quick shot of the tank.. reminds me, I've gotta clean it this weekend.. laugh.gif

user posted image

=)

Hey again,

Here they are ......this time with Josh's help hug.gif the colour variations that come out with the flash are incredible. I think I need to invest in some proper lighting for this tank:)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Enjoy.

Cheers

Aline

Awesome Aline, Lufubus right?

The fish in the top photo is an absolute cracker woot.gif .

Archived