Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Hey Dave, surely that last shot counts as a male (in this case 2) displaying. Maybe it could be a potential winner of the photo comp if your male Moliro shot doesn't fit the criteria.

Maybe one day you could come and get some decent shots of The Moops.

Jamie.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dave,

That last Moliro liplock pic must be one of the best Tropheus pics on the web. A truly magnificent photo. When Kristy saw it she insisted we use it as our desktop. You must have been stoked when you saw that on the screen woot.gif .

Hey Kevin,

Good luck with your Brichardi search. Any pics for us to check out?

Jamie.

Thanks Guys!

All comments are welcome and appreciated! I enjoy sharing with u these pics! I am trying to take shots of my tropheus in action rather than just plain portraits but i am very lucky to capture one that is in focus!

Since my dominant male moliro died, all the males are trying to gain top spot so that gives me the chance to take some action shots! I find it is best to take shots just after u do a water change. The tropheus luv the new water and will often fight or breed. Make sure u have your camera ready when this happens.

Lee...i think the maswa is about 6 months old.

Tiger...as Nigel as stated, moorii will mix. I have kept lupota with ilangi once and have had mixed fry as a result. Although they look great together, u must resist doing this.

Would be great to see more people keeping brichardis. They are an awesome variant that is rarely seen in Oz. I think Josh is trying to get the Canary cheek variant.

COME ON GUYS, SHOW US YOUR TROPHEUS PICS! LET'S GET IT TO 500 REPLIES!

Dave

I didn't really think the last shot was that great, but thanks for the compliments guys! The pics don't come close to doing them any justice in real life! U must see it happening in front of your eyes to appreciate how amazing these fishes really are!

Here is a repost of the moliro fighting pic without any tampering except reducing quality from RAW to Jpeg:

user posted image

Great shot Dave thumbup.gif .

I am all set with the new camera but have no time yet again sad.gifsad.gif

3 more 5's have water in the new room now so the mass migration will start soon tongue.gif . I think the time is nearing for a BBQ uuuuggghhhhhhhhhhh.

Aline

That sounds great Aline, I think it is time for another visit! Would luv to see all your tropheus in the new fishroom. And remember to post some pics no matter what they look like!

Also has Matt made any larger bristlenose luv caves for peppermints? WOuld luv to buy some from u?

Hi All

I have finally learnt how to post pics on this forum thumb.gif

Folowing are some pics of my first tropheus colony.

I got these Ilangi off Jim about 3 months ago & they have been going great guns.

I have had 2 girls holding in the last week. Not sure if they are still holding though.

Enjoy, Cheers Dave

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hi Dave,

Great shots!

Love your ilangi!! How old are they? How big are they? I can't believe they are breeding already. Please share with us your secrets? How many do u have in that tank anad what size is the tank?

sorry about all the questions!

Dave

Hi Dave

I got 20 5cm Ilangi fry off Jim about 5 months ago. (Not 3 months as stated earlier) Not sure how old they were when I got them. They range from 6-7 cm now.

I have them in 60"x18"x18" (300ltr) tank, filtered by a home made above tank trickle filter powered by a 1500 ltr/hr pump. I also have an Eheim professional Wet/Dry on this tank.

I do 40% water changes weekly & feed exclusively with OSI spirulina morning & night. I use Seachem salts & Tang buffer.

The tank is in my garage which has a skylight panel located above the tank, so there is plenty of light during the day.

Cheer's Dave thumb.gif

hey hey,

New camera, Software's loaded - same technologically inept photographer LOL.gifLOL.gif but had a few moments and thought I would post these. Promise to all - I will get better with time shock.gif .

I have adjusted the brightness and contrast in these - the rest are my T's doing tongue.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Cheers

Love the shot of the dubosi and bulu's together clap.gif do you have any probs keeping the two colony's together ?

The reason I ask is that I had colonys of dubosi maswa and moliro's together in the same tank and found that the two dominant dubosi males took over the tank and stopped the moliro's from breeding sad.gif .

Cheers

Luke

Love the shot of the dubosi and bulu's together  :clap do you have any probs keeping the two colony's together ?

Cheers  Luke

Hi Luke,

The duboisi (a 24 strong 3 year old breeding colony) was originally put in with the bulus to suppress one male cherry's bullying tactics dry.gif It was definately trial and error but the duboisi, the removal of rocks and the lowering of temp to 24-25 (thanks Jim) degrees finally solved the issue. Both colonies now co-exist and I manage to save most mouthfuls - approx 5-6 holding females per month bigsmile.gif .

Cheers

Aline

hey hey

The rainbows are WC Lufubu bigsmile.gif

Kevin - those cherries should look familiar LOL.gif they are very happy now with their flat mates. I thought I was a bit mad for putting together one of the most peaceful species with the bulu monsters but the risk paid off. If duboisi were capable of laughter that is what they seem to do with the cherry antics woot.gif

Duboisi and Nkonde - nice yellow tones there thumb.gif

Cheers

Aline

Archived