Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

I have finally seen Jamie's (Parrdog) amazing Moops!!! They are so awesome to behold in his 5 foot tank and they are very plump and healthy being bred on NLS pellets exclusively!

I only had a short time to take pics so only 4 turned out sort of ok but these pics do not fully demonstrate the full beauty of this amazing tropheus variant!

Here goes:

Note the variation in colour between different individuals!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Ps. His water is crystal clear most likely due to the recent addition of his Fluval Fx5 wink2.gifthumb.gif .

Enjoy

Dave

This is photo 2 without any post processing.

user posted image

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man thumb.gif , those shots are beauties mate! I love the first shot, what a ripper. It's so great to see The Moops taken by a great photographer thumb.gif . Thanks heaps for taking their photos, they look beautiful smile.gif .

If you're not that impressed with these, I can't wait until next time,

Jamie.

hey hey,

I saw that first male moop in person yesterday - and the photo (whilst perfect) does not do him justice. Jamie had the tanks stripped bare for catching fry and he was still dancing the shimmy shimmy in the corner with his favorite lady or two blush.gif

Nice pics Dave thumb.gif

Cheers

Here is one of my bubby moliros starting to get a bit of colour...finally.

It is not one of the dominat individuals but probably has the best red colouration

user posted image

-Mat-

Hey hey Mat,

Handsome little fellow you got there wub.gif

I have a soft spot for the black/reds smile.gif

Cheers

Thanks Aline, is that "fellow" meaning you think it is a boy or "fellow" in an androgenous sense? blink.gif

I have a soft spot for the black/reds
Somehow I knew that Chipimbi. wink2.giflaugh.gif

Hey Mat,

Just an educated guess that with that much colour, at that size and subdominant to boot you would probably be looking at the next in male succession to the throne woot.gifLOL.gif

Cheers

Aline

Cheers Aline, I reckon he's about number 3 or 4 in line so he's got a bit of work to do before he is top dog. Hopefully the big tank will help him stake a territory.

Gidday Simon,

The multis are only babies. They were put in there to collect any uneaten food in the first few weeks when the Tropheus were new to the tank. Normally I wouldn't do it smile.gif

Andrea smile.gif

hey all...

Its good to see a bigger range of the Ts being put up for display, keep it up

Dave those pics are sensational, and the moops are very nice.

here is a new pic of my kachese, that is almost in focus properly, The new lap top has absolutly no photo editing software so this is the raw pic, no contrast adjust or anything, cant even resize as yet, but i like it , and it has replaced the melanogeny as the new comps background... hope you like

Dave i will send you a copy can you work you magic on it please.

i will need you e-mail addy but, its a biggish pic. a cut/resize and the magic bit. wink2.gif

user posted image

Andrea....great to see more pics especially of the iotas! i think u need to use a lot more light on your tanks to really show up the colours. Maybe place a few more lights on top?

Trofius...how are you tropheus going? Hopefully they are ok now? Are u still feeding NLS? That is a great shot of the kachese....i can try to process it but i am only using a freebie programme that came with my SLR. Maybe u should ask Enigma to have a go at it? U can send me the pic to dtwleung@optusnet.com.au

user posted image

Is this closer to real colours with lights on?

Processing done with Photoshop CS - auto levels, auto contrast, auto colour then run through velvia vision PS plugin with a sharpen and some cloning to remove water marks on glass thrown in.

Dave...the tank is a 4 x 18 x 18 so it must seem massive for the little guys smile.gif Yes, they are in together as their sizes range from about 10 - 40mm. I figured they would be happiest all together (larger group) and it made more sense for me to combine them. It is very cool watching 1 cm fish sparring over rocks, especially when there are so many in there to choose from woot.gif

Andrea smile.gif

it is a grow out tank so it won't be a problem to keep them together!!!! And they are easy to tell apart so when u need to separate them it won't be a problem!

are the lufubu from Aline?

I luv how the aggressive behaviour is there even when they are only 1cm long!!!

I have bought many fry from Jim at 1 - 1.5 cm that have done very well, haven't lost any yet (touch wood!!!).

Keep the photos coming!!

I think u will need to start a Petrochromis tank in the near future!!! wink2.gifzipit.gif

Hey thats cool, the reds are very true, maybe a tad more yellow and the blue is a bit wrong

Aline your baby trophs are lucky little buggers, those tanks are great, mine ar ein 3x2x18, its in a window but so they have heeeeeppppps or algae to munch on and a log with alage, and umm just heaps of friends... but must agree 1cm Ts wrestling is kinda funky, my duboisi fry are pretty tame but the 1cm kachese are nuts on each other. the other fry ( 4cm foi, leptos brevis, 1.5cm dolphins, and 2cm duboisi) just stand back and watch probably wondering what there problem is! it is a busy 3x2x18

Dave the Guys are all good now and eating well, i did just loose 24 duboisi fry which sux, they got the fungus thing.....(.fry tub bleached rinsed and ready for next time, also lost 32 foi in the same tub) sad.gif

from the ones that puffed, the one with the lump in her side did die, pity i am really sure it was a girl.

must admit the goby is cute i have a few in random tanks, one is with the duboisi fry and the other lives in the 8 footer with the kachese, and others. he was too cranky to make friends...lol

Hey hey Andrea,

If there is a tropheus heaven it must look like those tanks hug.gif So happy to see that they are doing so well and up to trophesque mischief thumbup.gif

Cheers

Aline

Archived