Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Thanks for the kind words Lee, that's actually an old pic, have to get some newies up  smile.gif .

Aline, great photos mate  thumb.gif . Love the wide bands on those Maswas. I bet those Lufubus look beautiful in person.

Jamie.

jamie you will have to get the new ones up are they breeding for you yet mate

thanks aline mr troph thought they were lufubus you have a great selection of trophs mate like the diving on a budget to buddy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day Lee,

Yeah, they are breeding, there's 11 youngins swimmin' around with the adults, they look great. I haven't seen any bubs for a while though. I'm thinking they are getting eaten as I've had heaps of females hold for a few weeks and then nothing, no evidence of spat eggs and no evidence of spat bubs. So, either the females are swallowing the eggs or the bubs are gettin' munched. I'll have to try to strip the next holder to find out once and for all.

Andrea (merjo) is the budget Malawi diver wink2.gif , and yeah, the variety Aline has is awesome smile.gif .

Jamie.

Great first pics Aline...i have been busy cleaning the new place this weekend haven't had a chance to check the forum! I like the contrast of colours between the bulu and maswas! Great to see King Bulu is no longer on a killing rampage. So u haven't noticed a decline in mouthfuls in the maswas since the introduction of the Bulus?

Shots are great....what shutter speed were u using? Are u using the kit lens? Just remember to use a lot of light so that u can achieve faster shutter speeds. Maybe invest in another flash or two? Or place a few more fluorescent lights overhead while taking pics. Keep posting!

By the way, that shot of the lufubu, especially the male? showing off its dorsal fin looks amazing. They look almost purple!

thx

Dave

Shots are great....what shutter speed were u using? Are u using the kit lens? Just remember to use a lot of light so that u can achieve faster shutter speeds. Maybe invest in another flash or two? Or place a few more fluorescent lights overhead while taking pics. Keep posting!

By the way, that shot of the lufubu, especially the male? showing off its dorsal fin looks amazing. They look almost purple!thxDave

Hi Dave,

These were taken with no camera adjustment - just point and shoot - with the new lens. I have yet to play with shutter speeds so I am over the moon that the fast moving T's came out so clear with no shutter adjustment. I will take on board the additional light advice - having watched you with the external flash (slave?) I have a list of additional hardware that I would like LOL.gifLOL.gif

Cheers

Hi Aline

Nice Pics of your Chipimbi, great colour  :thumb

What sort of camera and lens did you buy?

Cheers Dave

A Canon 350D with an EFS image stabiliser 17 - 85mm lens - belated christmas present LOL.gifbigsmile.gif As i have mentioned before I have yet to play around with any settings as such myself - my daughter helps me out woot.gif

Cheers

Hey Aline, did you originally get your Chipimbis as imports from Nigel, I can't seem to remember? I'm just curious. You don't see them around except for yours, which is odd since they are such beautiful Tropheus yes.gif.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Hey Aline, did you originally get your Chipimbis as imports from Nigel, I can't seem to remember? I'm just curious. You don't see them around except for yours, which is odd since they are such beautiful Tropheus  yes.gif.

Cheers,

Jamie.

I got 12 of them from St George over six years ago now smile.gif I sold of 40 adults about three years ago but have not heard of them since. I have 40 in my breeding colony and another 30 juveniles I am growing for a secondary colony. they are my favourite and I believe always will be smile.gif I ship interstate as that has been the better option for me.

Glad you like them.

Cheers

some great pics , i wish i wasnt on dial up , im almosted tempted to clear my 4ft tank of all the mbuna and set up a tropheus tank, Aline your tropheus are stunning i luv the red and black and Moliro Man your pics of your tropheus are stunning too, alas didnt see most of the others due to dial up

Aline are you available for photographic work I might get you to take the photos of the fish when the shipments arrive.  :lol4:  :lol3:

Hey hey Nigel,

Anything to get a sneak peak at all the shipments woot.gifwoot.gif

Cheers

Very Nice pics Aline!! clap.gif

Your chipimbi look stunning....kinda wish i didnt sell mine now, but apparently the new owner is very happy with them and has a few lil fry cruising amongst the rocks......

PS...have my first >2 day mouthful of kachese...fingers crossed..

Aline...those 2nd shots are a massive improvement. Well done! I think u will become professional soon! Did u use more light this time?

Sarah...thanks for the compliments! Sorry about the download time!

Nigel...any tropheus on your next shipment?

user posted image

Juvenile Ikola

user posted image

Wild Caught female. Head Shot.

user posted image

Wild Caught female holding.

user posted image

While I was taking the pics she was really working those eggs around. I soon found out why. She knew (don’t know how) she had an infertile egg in there. Here you can see her spitting it and only it out. Amazing thing to watch.

user posted image

Found another wild caught female hiding with a mouthful. Wonder how long she has been holding. dntknw.gif

Archived