Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Mick... you said

and a log with alage

I have logs/wood with algae in some of my other tanks but am apprehensive to try them in with T's. Always wondered if ingesting wood could upset their tummies. Have you ever had problems that you are aware of and what is the source of the wood (Malaysian, mangrove or local Eucalypt.)?

They seem really happy Aline smile.gif

Andrea smile.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

log and algae...no probs... but they are still too small to eat it, but really its still vegatable matter, but i dont think they would even bother, its pretty old, eucalypt i think, just the outer layers so is hollow, and maybe 3inches round, and 8mm thick quite nice piece trying to get some anubius growing on it...

will insert pic here later... wink2.gif

Hey guys,

Just a few more pics of my Chimps smile.gif they are the only ones that love me enough to behave for the camera woot.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hope you like.

To tell you the truth, I don't need to see the other variants. Those Chipimbis are absolutely gorgeous wub.gif . I just love 'em. The colours and the full body shape on those Trophs is just sensational. I must see those guys in person wink2.gif .

Nice work Aline,

Jamie.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics sent to me from Oozo (Peter Oost) of some juvenile Tropheus Kiriza that i shipped to him all the way to Queensland Gladstone.

He assures me they are doing well and the pics show that they are truly enjoying themselves amongst the colourful flora!! LOL.gif

I hope Pete will add some comments to his pics!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Enjoy!

Dave

Ok All,

Here are some pics i took this weekend, they were done in rush and i dont have any photoediting software on the new computer so they are raw, and kinda dodgy, but hopefully you can see the cuties good enough.

Firstly are the new Ilangi from Jim, via Aline, thanks again thumbup.gif

There tank, 6x2x2, just an airstone, foam bubbler and a power head for now, a few rocks taxed from other tanks, and Morton Is sand, only 3/4 filed so far.

user posted image

The Ilangi have kinda formed two groups at either end, but do travel to and throw.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Next is one of the Kiriza it has been a while, they are now about 7-9cm, their 6x2x2 sits beneth the Ilangi.

user posted image

Here are a few of my two duboisi females both holding this week, been about 2 weeks so far, these pics might be dodge because the glass on this tank is crappy.

user posted image

user posted image

Here is a few of the my fry tanks containing my Tropheus fry and a few others.

user posted image

user posted image

And finally a couple of snaps of the 8 footer and most of the inhabitants, not easy to get 50+ fish in one snap!

user posted image

user posted image

Ok All hope you can all see the subjects well enough, enjoy, i jnow i enjoy these guys. wub.gif

wub clap.gif There they are the little terrors - I nearly named them all in their short time with me LOL.gif

Sounds like they are already picking sides and leaders to follow - have to love their heirachal penchant!!

The KII's are just as beautiful as their siblings down here thumb.gif and the inhabitants of that main tank look happy as pigs in mud wink2.gif and baby duboisi need no hype they speak for themselves!

I really should get my camera out!!

Dave- those KII's must feel that they have found Tropheus Eden with all those pretty pick lillies LOL.gif

Cheers

Very nice Mick thumb.gif , they are some very spoilt fish you have there mate!

Dave, that tank is hurting my eyes laugh.gif , the fish look very healthy though I must add.

Jamie.

PS I also need to get the camera out. The Moops (now with new WCs) are looking pretty cool cool.gif .

Mick....bring on the pics! I am always wondering if i am overfiltering my tanks with 4-6 canisters when u get by with only a air driven filter and powerhead!!!! thumbup.gif

Your tropheus must luv the space they have to swim in! I can see your ilangi are feeding well with there long excrement trails!!!

Aline...don't laugh, i hope the guy who asked me to post the pics doesn't get offended!! shock.gifwub.gif It looks like the Ts are quite attracted to that multicolour flower rock!!

Jamie...u do need to post us some pics to see your amazing Moop colony! I think i will need to come visit again!

Aline...don't laugh, i hope the guy who asked me to post the pics doesn't get offended!! shock.gif  wub.gif  It looks like the Ts are quite attracted to that multicolour flower rock!!

Never meant to offend - the KII's look happy amongst the pink - and healthy, happy fish are always uppermost in my heart hug.gif

Dave, as far as filtration goes there is still much to be done, the Ilangi will eventually have a power head for circulation, biofiltration, I am in the process of building a few over tank filters for mechanical filtration, and all tanks have a residual sponge filter in there, as the extra air cant hurt, and it maintains a biological reserve when i do filter cleans, also they are a good backup if the power heads die..

As an update the Ilangi have now sorted themselves out and are occupying the entire tank, they are even haveing a few territorial disputes, and beleive it or not they are showing a bit of colour when they fight..! They have settled in very well and already swim up in the water to get food when i approch, i have them on nls fry small fish formula in the morning and sera flora flake at night. I have added 4 bristlenoses so they can clean up any left overs if there are any..

In that first pic i put up you can see em all down in the right corner, for a while there i didnt beleive i got 30 fish LOL.gif

Thanks for the comments all

Aline...i luv to get feedback about the fish i send to far away places. It makes me so happy to see they are alive and well!!!

Jamie..i will surely let u know when i am coming over. Maybe when i u have some juvies for sale!! thumb.gif

Mick... i bought my F1 ilangi from Jim when they were only 1.5cm long and they were already fighting over territory. His fish are rock solid and healthy as...i have not had any bloat in any of them. Only problem is, most of the F1 ilangi available in Australia are from Jim so someone will need to import some WC ilangi to get some new blood. Do u mean the NLS grow formula with the 0.35mm pellets? I fed my F1 ndoles from Jim with them and they grew 1cm in literally 2 weeks!!!!

Post more pics!!

Hi all Peter from Gladstone Queensland here, I now have my first colony of our loveable friends (Tropheus Kiriza) and hopefully another young colony of Moliro’s on its way.

I have many different cichlids and have been breeding and holding in captivity cichlids for a while (6 years), but not tropheus up until now.

My Kirizas, Dave (Moliro Man) shipped to me around a month ago and posted some piccy's for me. (a few post back, funny colored fake flowered rock).

The fry are going wonderfully well and are growing at a steady pace.

The tank in the picky is only a tempory home in the lounge room, so as I can keep an eye on them and make sure I tend to there needs as they grow.

They will then be placed in a 1840x600x600mm tank and share their home with a colony of young Moliros

LOL.gifLOL.gif Dave - Yes it is a wonderful thing to get feedback on how the fish that fly the coop are doing elsewhere. Even the ones that you were only foster mum to for a couple of days hug.gif

Cheers

Oozo...great to see your input into this thread! We are glad to welcome another tropheus fanatic to the club thumb.gif .....i think the bug has seriously set in and u are now after your second colony of tropheus (one of the symptoms of tropheus addiction!). We really enjoy seeing pics of actual tropheus that people keep. Keep them coming!

When is that awesome tank coming? They would really luv there new home. Also with a tank that size, u could keep moliros with the kirizas with no problems. Be sure to send us pics of the tank in progress!!!

Aline...it is always hard to part with tropheus even when they are the offspring of your own colonies. It is worrying to think that u wake up in cold sweat in the middle of the night seeing them being mistreated and fed to tankbusters!!!! shock.gif

I think u should seriously consider being the tropheus nanny for fish being shipped interstate and charge a fee for your services. I am sure many people will be willing to take u on since u really know how to give the TLC these little guys need! I wanted to ship my fish via Virgin Blue instead of AAE but now they don't allow it unless u have an account which i think u have so it will make it a lot less prohibitive to ship fish interstate.

Come on Aline...we want to see more pics of your many colonies!!! Especially that special K2 tank u have! And u need to be really patient since i will have only 5 good shots out of 30 or so that i have taken.

Aline...it is always hard to part with tropheus even when they are the offspring of your own colonies. It is worrying to think that u wake up in cold sweat in the middle of the night seeing them being mistreated and fed to tankbusters!!!!  shock.gif

Come on Aline...we want to see more pics of your many colonies!!! Especially that special K2 tank u have! And u need to be really patient since i will have only 5 good shots out of 30 or so that i have taken.

Dave - you make me laugh sometimes hug.gif but you lose me as well dntknw.gif I would love to post some pics and it is not from lack of trying, but only one more week before they are all in their new tanks and then I will get snap happy smile.gif and as for patience - what is that- I haven't had it since I was six LOL.gif

Cheers

Aline

Dave, I already have the big six footer in the lounge at present bigsmile.gif , it is occupied with a colony of 6 bar Fronty's , a colony of Protomelas spilonotus Tanzania's and a colony of Placidochromis Phenochilus. These three colonies will go into my new tank coming (2440x1000Highx600mmWide), then the tropheus will then take over their new home. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Oozo...great to see your input into this thread! We are glad to welcome another tropheus fanatic to the club  thumb.gif .....i think the bug has seriously set in and u are now after your second colony of tropheus (one of the symptoms of tropheus addiction!). We really enjoy seeing pics of actual tropheus that people keep. Keep them coming!

When is that awesome tank coming? They would really luv there new home. Also with a tank that size, u could keep moliros with the kirizas with no problems. Be sure to send us pics of the tank in progress!!!

Aline...it is always hard to part with tropheus even when they are the offspring of your own colonies. It is worrying to think that u wake up in cold sweat in the middle of the night seeing them being mistreated and fed to tankbusters!!!!  shock.gif

I think u should seriously consider being the tropheus nanny for fish being shipped interstate and charge a fee for your services. I am sure many people will be willing to take u on since u really know how to give the TLC these little guys need! I wanted to ship my fish via Virgin Blue instead of AAE but now they don't allow it unless u have an account which i think u have so it will make it a lot less prohibitive to ship fish interstate.

OOzo,

Next time you are in Rocky and are interestedin in looking at a few different varieties of Tropheus let me know I Have the Kiriza As you do, Kachese, Ilangi , and Duboisi, Plus many other Tanganyikans, Failing this aparently Ron has several different types aswell, if you have not already seen his collection..

I think we have met once before at Rons shop it was a while ago , you had a folder full of pics (your fish?) showing me some mpimbwe black bees you had for sale...that will date it..

And all you other tropheus nuts lol

The ilangi have a new over tank filter i built today, i am going to make another one this weekend for the Kiriza so will do the step by step thingy, so far it is working a treat. just under 2000lph. yet to add biomaterial (still deciding on what to use , gutter guard, scoria, etc, maybe 6cm worth, but has to be light ) so far it just has two layers of filter wadding to help keep the water clean.

Archived