Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do we think of these yellow Kirizas? I'm not sure dntknw.gif , I'd have to see 'em in person to make a judgement I reckon. As to what they're worth, I personally wouldn't pay big bucks for 'em. I'd probably pay a bit more than standard Kirizas.

Jamie.

What are these worth at 4-5cm?  dntknw.gif Have available if price is right?  tongue.gif

user posted image

As they are a Kiriza morph I personally do not find them as striking without the contrasting black. They are beautiful though hug.gif

Kiriza F1 fry fetch $25 to $30 dollars each so a few dollars more than that would not be unreasonable at that size. Are the pics of the breeders??

Cheers

Aline

i can't see the pics on my work computer but i can imagine how they look like.

Aline...maybe your K2 colony will one day produce a yellow morph and then u can ask for the big bucks.

I think someone out there might pay big for these since there are none yet available in Oz.

I don't think Sooty would let them go for $40 a fish. Is he selling adults or juvies? If he is selling adults i think he would be looking at around the 100 mark?

What else more exotic can u get Sooty? How about Petrochromis?

i can't see the pics on my work computer but i can imagine how they look like.

Aline...maybe your K2 colony will one day produce a yellow morph and then u can ask for the big bucks.

It has never been my aim to make money from my Tropheus - if there is even such a thing dry.gif Sooty has said that the fry are 4-5 cms not adults.

The KII's would be one of my favourite variants that I have kept for many years, and it would be disappointing to find a colour mutation in any of the fry they produce.

I will continue to ship my fish to the states were T's are not as accessible and where I do not have to haggle over the ridulously cheap prices I place on them.

If I was after big bucks I would just have to do an extra day at work to earn what one colony of 15 Adult Yellow Morphs would cost me.

Aline

These guys are pretty rare anywhere in the world and I doubt they would be here in Australia, but you never know. If they where here I would have to say that a for sale ad would have been put in the classifieds by now.

Josh

Thank you very much for posting my pictures mate. smile.gif

My Moliro looks much better in real life, I'm a hopeless photographer. They still get a bit of Grow, I feed them mainly Thera A. I replace 200ltrs each week with Seachem buffers and salts. Yes, they did breed last Sunday but unfortunately she held only for 4 days. I'll try and get a full tank shot and post it here. Mate, I’ve had them only for just over 5 months, I got them on the 8th of December.

Thanks again Dave.

Full tank shot.

user posted image

Filters.

user posted image

Left side of tank with internal filters.

user posted image

Group shot 1.

user posted image

Group shot 2.

user posted image

Hey All well jut got back from a crazy 2000km trip to brissy to sell and buy fish, imn the process i picked up what i thought were going to be lime spots, ( see previous posts) but apon seeing them trying to spawn and showing very bright colours , i pondered....and thought i have seen these before, ...and they are definatly not limespots,,,,other end of the lake infact

I will post a few pics of them soon, here even, but they are infact Tropheus brichardi "Katonga" a type of yellow fin tropheus...and yes i am happy with them.

also refered to as shunkbacks, or ujiji

http://www.bigskycichlids.com/Tbrichardi_katonga.htm

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1860

Waruna....great to see u finally learnt how to post pics!!! thumb.gif Hope to see more of your pics in the future. Especially when your wildcaughts arrive!!!

Mick....i told u they weren't limespots!!!! LOL.gif

Dave they are still young, only 2 are starting to get the defined spotsmudge.

you of all people should know that most tropheus are not born in the adult colouration, and most juvies have stripes....

....why do you think there are sooo many duboisi in the world.

Yes DAve you were correct, lol

Anyways here are the pics i promised, most are ok a few are a bit off so to speak, and one has died, i kinda thought i might get bitten but hopefully the rest will be fine. They did get a rather rough 24 hours, but really i did try to keep them happy.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

you can clearly see they are the Katonga/ujiji/shunckbacks, whatever..

It is pretty obvious who is a boy and who is a girll and who is still way too young, and still has the nice stripes all over.

Hey hey Dave,

Thanks to your advice I am a little more comfortable with my camera hug.gif

That Ilangi shot is thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Cheers

OK mates, let's see if I can handle this posting thing.

user posted image T. sp. "Moba ll (Murago)

user posted image T. sp. "Nangu"

user posted image T. sp. "Moba ll (Murago)

user posted image T. sp. "Cape Nundo" (Golden Chisanse)

Hey Dave & Jamie, these are for you thumbup.gif

Great to see u here Klaus!!!

Your pics are amazing and we would luv to see more!!! Also we would appreciate some photography tips here as well!!!!

Also could u label the different Tropheus variants, i don't think we have seen a lot of these in Oz thumb.gif .

In case u don't know who Klaus is, he is a Tropheus guru from Canada who has had many years of tropheus experience....u can check out his forum in:

African Cichlid Forum

thx

Dave

Thanks for the welcome Dave. Much appreciated. raisehand.gif

Your point about the labeling is well taken and I have edited the post to the names.

Will post some more pictures later.

Just to clarify a point, ACF is not my forum. I'm just one of the moderators. It's owned by Mark and Les and they do a terrific job there.

Looks like you guys have a good thing going here too. thumb.gif

Thanks Klaus again!

Make sure u come and visit "down under" when u have some time! thumbup.gif

I know u r not the founder of ACF but i think as a moderator for the tropheus forum u have done a hell of a lot to bring in Tropheus fanatics around the world to share in their addiction!!!!

Hope to see more pics soon!

Dave

Archived