Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mouth full update , the brichardi spat / swallowed after 2 days, the kiriza i stripped and was rewarded with 5 lil bubs at 12mm each, she held for over 4 weeks. the duboisi ladies netted 6, and 4, the kachese....we will see next week... i got ansy because i had a lepto spit after 3 weeks and the melanogenies ate em buggers.

Hi Guys!

I have been playing around with my Wildcaught Golden Kazumba tank and have added more sandstone rocks.

Take a look:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Do u think it looks better than before?

I had to rearrange the sandstone rocks to accommodate the fry that were released by a holding female!!

Enjoy

Dave

Far out, look at those little GKs mate smile.gif , they've put on some nice size in such a short time mate thumb.gif . That colony is going to be up to speed in no time.

I think your setup looks heaps better thumb.gif . I do think the new rocks look too 'placed' however. I would arrange them so that they look more like they've fallen in place instead of being placed one by one if ya know what I mean. If you like the look of it though that's all that matters.

I love the colours on those new rocks though, they are beautiful pieces.

Thanks for including us again Dave, and I am no expert.

Jamie.

PS Your Ilangi are as always, spectacular smile.gif .

Hi Dave...again just my thoughts...

On a positive note: the colours in those sandstones are really beautiful and they highlight/compliment your fish really nicely smile.gif

On a negative note: the rocks are still lined up across the middle of the tank; move them so they fall in different planes. As Jamie has said, they also look "placed" and the two lots of three round pebbles lined up along the large blocks looks very artificial. Perhaps banking some of the sand up around a few piles might work. I'll have a think and add more thoughts as they come to me. As yet I am unable to source any striated sandstone like yours to play around with here. I will keep searching.

Andrea smile.gif

Thanks Andrea,

i will try to make things look a bit more natural but placeing the rocks more randomly.

in terms of piling up sand, i don't have much coral sand in there so may be a problem.

i won't be back at home until 2 weeks so will not be able to play with it yet.

keep the comments coming!

thx

Dave

j.c. fishfan....ditch the tangs/malawi and go for the Ts!!!!! LOL.gif Maybe if your mum saw a tropheus tank she may let u have another one, and try to convince her to let u have the biggest tank that she will allow.

i think u can get away with 8-12 in a standard 4 foot but a lot of people will disagree with this. Also it would be better to get a bunch of juveniles an grow them up in this tank so that there will be less chance of aggression. And hopefully your parents will fall in luv with them and ask u to get a bigger tank or more tanks for them!!!! ;)

i think u can get away with 8-12 in a standard 4 foot but a lot of people will disagree with this. Also it would be better to get a bunch of juveniles an grow them up in this tank so that there will be less chance of aggression. And hopefully your parents will fall in luv with them and ask u to get a bigger tank or more tanks for them!!!!

good thinking 99!! :lol3:

well i will be getting a job at a LFS in summer and i may be able to give her some money once a month or something towards the bill.

and then whatever i have spare i will buy a 4fter and get some juvie tropheus of you guys.

so what ones do you think i should go for??

i am likeing a little yellow one i have seen on here before but i cant remember what it was.

jamie :)

Yellow Tropheus ay :) .

Here's some people around here that I can think of that have Tropheus with yellow colouration.

Dave and Jim have Ilangi.

Jim has Ikola and duboisi Maswa.

Aline has Kiriza and duboisi.

Josh has Nkonde.

I have Mpulungu.

Do some searches and see what you like. All of the above colonies are breeding colonies so you'll be able to get fry :) .

Jamie.

Hi Jamie,

Great news!!!!

i haven't heard of that variant....if u like a yellow tropheus go for nkonde yellow (try little swimmer/Josh) or ikola.

Does that mean u will be moving into dad's house? Maybe your mother will catch on and say u can have a tank in her house as well? ;)

Dave

nah i aoint moving houses my dad only lives a few streets away and he use to keep africans.(hes the one who got me into them)

but i am not 100% sure if he wants a 4ft tank in the garage yet we are only sticking to 2ft and 3fts for now.

Chitande Bright yellow

will they go any good in a 4ft(keep in mind that they will only be juvies)

thats what i like!

but unfortunately its still a no from the parents :(

but my dad said that i can have one at his house!!

Chitande bright yellows are tropheops, not tropheus.... :8

And ViS keeps his breeding colony of about 20 in a 4x2x2.... :)

Andrea...looking healthy and happy there!!!! Are they the lufubu, the moops or the ilangi?

Looks like the lufubu to me?

Keep the pics coming!!!

Ps. would luv to see the iotas as well!!!!

Ah nuts! I hope you guys are proud of yourselves, after browsing though all 55 pages I now need another tank. And there I was thinking my big one was my final tank *sigh*. :lol2: I really like Cherry Spots, anyone got any of these?

Bruce

Archived