Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all ive been growing up my colony of duboisi maswa for about a year and half. I was inspired by Aline after her talk on Ts at one of the nswcs meetings. So i spoke to Aline and she put me on to Karren and i picked 15 but sadley enough im down to 12 after i got bloat when i moved house. Now in 6 weeks time im getting a further 20 F1 duboisi off jim to add to the colony. Im not real good with a camera but heres some pics ive taken of my guys in the past month.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for taking the time to look

Cheers shane :thumbup:

They are looking great Shane :thumbup: and congratulations on your success of still having 12 after one and a half years :hug: Great to hear that you are expanding your colony as well.

Cheers

Also Aline ive had them hold a couple of times over the last month so fingers crossed but im also planning on getting K2 and possibly at some stage the ndole reds. Im not going to rush im happy with the duboisi at the moment.

Cheers shane

lee....luv your ilangi pics!! They look very happy....how long have u had them and what size tank do u have them in? U will find when they reach 6cm or larger they will start to lose their stripes and look a lot more impressive.

Jamie...u forgot to mention that that amazing moop breeding pic won you the Africancichlidforum July photo comp :thumbup: !

Thanks dave,there in a standard 4foot at the moment i've had them about a month or 2 and i'm moving them to a 4 foot that is 18Lx18H so they should be a bit happier than what they are now.Yeah i can't wait till they reach about 6cm should look awesome then.

cheers lee

Hi all ive got some more pics of my maswa the tank does have some algea on the glass and im using some teracotta pots until i can get hold of some nice rocks ive also put a pic in of one of their tank mates julie regani kipilli hope you enjoy.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Shaneo...looks like a very happy Tropheus tank!!! Is that river rock u are using? I have experimented with sandstone rocks. I found some river rock at a landscape supplier and will place some in my tank this weekend.

I also have a trio of julidochromis regani kipili - 2 F and 1 M - are they from Nigel? They look fully grown but have yet to breed for me. Maybe it is the incessant activity of the Ts that is preventing them from doing the wild thing?

Well it's finally time for my first contribution after collecting some Ilangi from Jim this afternoon.

IPB Image

IPB Image

They seem to have settled in well, but it's a little hard to make sure the numbers are OK as the little'ens won't still long enough...

Spedwards....welcome to the T club mate!!!! The long wait was worth it :thumb !

How many did u end up getting? Looks like they are already enjoying their new home!

As long as they are darting around and eating they will be fine ;) .

Remember to post more pics when u get the chance!

What does the other half think of the new fish?

Dave

Definately worth the wait, it's been a very pet week for us with a new beagle running around the yard (he actually dug his way out while collecting the Ilangi today, but that's another story). It's really good to finally have something in the tank that doesn't spend 99% of it's time hiding in the dark or between rocks!

I ended up with 25 of them, they seem to have split up into 2 groups at opposite ends of the tank - 1 group of 7, 1 of 16/17 and the rest scattered around the place. I haven't fed them yet, they will get their first meal in the morning, but they are definately darting around. I can't wait for them to grow a little and start showing off.

They were understandible lacking a little colour when we got them and then put them into the tank. The colour was back in most of them when I got these pics off though.

I will try to grab some better pics tomorrow, these were taken quickly this afternoon before heading out.

The other half is excited more because I am than being impressed with the fish, she'll come around though ;)

Cheers

Jon

Hey Dave they are from Nigel mine are still only pretty young they were fry that the last lot he imported had. They have nearly doubled in size in the the past couple of months. Hopefuly ill end up with a pair they seem realy happy.

Also spedwards cool T pics i like them thanks for sharing.

Shaneo....what do u mean by "hopefully i'll end up with a pair"? I hope u are not trying to pair one up and then get rid of the others? :lol3:

With Ts, it is likely there will be at least 50/50 males and females and they will likely breed after 9-12 months :thumb , so don't u worry...just be patient!

Dave i think shaneo was talking about your post on the previous page .. LOL :lol2: ...

Shaneo...looks like a very happy Tropheus tank!!! Is that river rock u are using? I have experimented with sandstone rocks. I found some river rock at a landscape supplier and will place some in my tank this weekend.

I also have a trio of julidochromis regani kipili - 2 F and 1 M - are they from Nigel? They look fully grown but have yet to breed for me. Maybe it is the incessant activity of the Ts that is preventing them from doing the wild thing?

oh :B ...makes more sense now!!! :no: I think i need to get tropheus out of my head for a few seconds!!! :lol3:

If i am correct, the males are usually 2-3 times the size of the female julidochromis so they are easy to tell apart!

Unlike other tropheus variants duboisi actually exist as pairs in the wild !!! ;)

Archived