Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Got a few more taken tonight, some of them are showing a little colour but the flash is washing it out :(

Here's the tank as it currently stands (pretty much the same but with fish...)

IPB Image

And a few closer in:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

They sure are difficult to catch...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they do!

I can't remember if I have previously mentioned this, but my wife and I had a competition with the rock arrangements to see who could build the pile the fish would like the best. I got the left and she got the right, she had a few too many to fit in, but we did what we could.

As the tank picture shows, so far she is winning as the larger group of fish generally hangs out on her side. I reckon that the extra cover of the background is giving her an unfair advantage though... :p

i think the ilangi juvies must think they are in paradise. With the rockpiles the Ts have forgotten there are other fish on the other side of the tank.

trust me, they will colour up dramatically when they mature. My father actually likes the juvenile striping more than the adult colouration....i guess it is a personal preference.

it sounds like a very healthy relationship u have with your wife....a little competition does wonders to a marriage...maybe the little Ts can sense the woman's touch and rather stay with her rockpile ;) !!!

my wife keeps telling me the tank will crack one day with all the rocks i am putting in and i won't get another one if it happens!!!! :(:cryblow:

I also prefer the juvie colouration of the Ilangi as well as most T's especially the duboisi.

Can't agree with the Ilangi, but the juvie duboisi look great :thumb

I can't wait for the adult colouration, some are showing a little yellow already. I think the stripey juvies look cute, but the adults look fantastic.

Dave,

The threat of the tank cracking should be an incentive for another tank, just in case... ;)

Oh no....more tropheus photos...... :no:

Just like to say they are all fed exclusively on NLS!!!! ;)

Golden Kazumba Aquascape

IPB Image

GK colony (dom male admires his progeny!)

IPB Image

GK

IPB Image

Kiriza juvenile

IPB Image

Mpulungu showing off

IPB Image

Lufubu and Ndoles

IPB Image

Lufubu juvenile already with dazzling colours (thank u very much Pablo :thumb )

IPB Image

Enjoy!!!!

Dave

Here's a few pics of my Moliro new tank setup and my new F1 Ilangi colony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moliro tank pic 1

IPB Image

Moliro tank pic 2

IPB Image

Moliro tank pic 3

IPB Image

Moliro tank pic 4

IPB Image

Moliro tank pic 5

IPB Image

Moliro tank pic 6

IPB Image

Ilangi pic 1

IPB Image

Ilangi pic 2

IPB Image

Ilangi pic 3

IPB Image

Ilangi pic 4

IPB Image

Ilangi pic 5

IPB Image

Ilangi pic 6

IPB Image

Ilangi pic 7 (begging for food)

IPB Image

Craig, I owe you a big thank you for finding me a local breeder.

Waruna

awwwwwwwesome ilangis mate!!!!!! :thumbup::thumb

post more pics!

WA watch out!!!

will they be fed NLS?

I'll try and get some more pics soon, yes mate they are fed NLS exclusively. Once again I decided to disregard all the advice given to me previously and to take Pablo’s advice and feed NLS exclusively. Spoke to Pablo yesterday morning and his exact words were "if the water quality is good, no problem, put them on NLS straight away". I started feeding them yesterday and they are all eating well. No dramas at all. I want them looking like yours.

Waruna :)

any cyprochromis sp. - however, some species may not breed very well with the constant activity of your Ts.

Dave,

I am the process of redistributing the fish I have in a 6x2x18(h) because I am getting some cyprochromis Jumbo "Kitumba". Now I planned to put my 3 sub-adult calvus in there for the mean time (Till I get another another tank in the house setup :roll ). But eventually I was going to grab some T Dubosi "Maswa" to go in there. Would they be suitable tanks mates with say a pair or two of F1 J regani "mboka"?

cheers

rosco

Hey guys,

It's been a few days since my last pics went up (can you tell I'm excited to have the fish finally :dntknw: ), things are going well and some of them are starting to show some real colour.

I've only had them for just on 2 weeks now and there already seems to be a tank boss forming, this guy has by far the most colour yet and is asserting himself to anyone that comes too close.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers

Jamie....unfortunately the MoliroMan does not have any more moliro fry. I am sure someone out there has some! If u want ikolas i think az1 (Andreas), Jim and CThomson (Craig) should have fry.

Jim is located in Liverpool. I don't think he will ship to u so u will have to convince your parents to drive u. Also, he will not likely allow u to pick up at his place anymore which is understandable so u may have to organise a pickup place with him. I think the going rate was $20 each.

Rosco.....those jumbos will be fine with any Ts. Also julidochromis are great tank mates as well. I have a fully grown male with 2 females - julidochromis regani kipili (from Nigel) but they have yet to breed....i don't know if it has anything to do with the Ts that are co-inhabiting with them?

Jon...the alpha male always looks spectacular.....i had 50 juveniles from Jim and i ended up selling half of them when they were 2-3 inches and now they are fully grown i decided to vent them all because i have had only 3 females in the group hold. I discovered as i had suscepted i had too many males - 15 males and 9 females. I ended up selling the 13 males. Initially there was a bit of aggression with missing scales but now they have settled in, there is a lot more harmony in the tank and hopefully more breeding!

Great pics by the way....keep them coming!

Dave,

I'm expecting that I'll probably end up with too many males also, it just seems that this is the way thing often work out... I was watching "him" dance around the tank tonight, just before the lights went out he was shimmying in front of the other inhabitants and almost all of the barring had disappeared from him body.

They are very interesting to watch, even at this size. I sat down and ate dinner in front of the tank last night - much better than any prime time television!

Cheers

Rosco.....those jumbos will be fine with any Ts. Also julidochromis are great tank mates as well. I have a fully grown male with 2 females - julidochromis regani kipili (from Nigel) but they have yet to breed....i don't know if it has anything to do with the Ts that are co-inhabiting with them?

Thanks for that Dave. I think that my mind is almost set :thumb. Now I just need to convince Mrs Rossco that these guys are essential :lol3: . I have 6 regani "mboka" that I am growing out. Once they pair up I will leave a breeding in their current tank and move the others into the 6 footer. So it does not matter if they pair up at all :thumb

cheers

rosco

Here are some more pics:

Tropheus Moliro (that i sold - yes Jamie....no more moliros, even adults are in the house!):

IPB Image

Tropheus Duboisi Kigoma?:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Eretmodus Cyanostictus Zambia:

IPB Image

Petrochromis Trewavasae (as Waruna calls them "Angeline Jolie" Cichlid :thumb ):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Enjoy!

Dave

Archived