Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think our aim for the next few years should be to make brichardis more freely available in Australia!

Mick....i am trying to get some tropheus katonga....will let u know if i can get them :thumb !

Haven't see u post up picks of your for a while....any fry yet? ;)

i bought some nice brichardis in melbourne last week for $7 each, the ones where they have nice long blue fins!

wow is this thread the longest one in the forum? theres like 27,500 views on it! far out!

I think your referring to N.brichardi AKA fairy/princess cichlid ... :dntknw: ?

Never heard of a tropheus with nice long blue fins and that would be very cheap for a T.brichardi :)

Very nice Josh, good luck with them mate :)

Here's a few I took last night, I love the last one :)

Water Change

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

ilangi

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers,

Waruna :)

top pics guys as usual.I'm waiting till i get photoshop before i post my next pics the program i use at the moment is crap.

Hi Lee, are you planning to buy Photoshop? Thanks mate.

Thanks Guys.

lost interest a bit lately :shock:

had a 6x2x2 silicone let go and make a mess, saved the fish( the duboisi, magara, brichardi) brichardi and magara (foai) are now in the 8 footer with the kachese

pics, when i feel good about it again... :dntknw:

no fry but they look interested, he is still way to excited

that's no good mate hope it didn't do to much damage when it let go glad to hear you saved them.what part let go?

yeah i'm gettin photoshop i was just using the finpix program before.those photo's you took are champ waruna.

cheers lee

Hey Shane (Kilroy) this is a better pic of the Petro. :)

IPB Image

And another

IPB Image

And here's psycho :shock:

IPB Image

Thanks Lee, Photoshop is pretty cool, all I do is auto adjust (colour, contrast), but not always, sometimes it makes it look unnatural. I think if you can afford to, buy a Camera like mine mate, the programs I got with it are all I need and very easy to use. My computer skills are shocking, I know how to sign my pics and resize them, and the Camera does the rest.

Cheers,

lost interest a bit lately :shock:

had a 6x2x2 silicone let go and make a mess, saved the fish( the duboisi, magara, brichardi) brichardi and magara (foai) are now in the 8 footer with the kachese

pics, when i feel good about it again... :dntknw:

no fry but they look interested, he is still way to excited

Hi Mick,

Noticed your absence :( nothing worse than a blown tank. Once had to change a whole downstairs floor because of one :angry: Good to hear that the fish have adapted.

Take care.

i bought some nice brichardis in melbourne last week for $7 each, the ones where they have nice long blue fins!

wow is this thread the longest one in the forum? theres like 27,500 views on it! far out!

I think your referring to N.brichardi AKA fairy/princess cichlid ... :dntknw: ?

Never heard of a tropheus with nice long blue fins and that would be very cheap for a T.brichardi :)

yeah i was definitely referring to Neolampologus brichardi. you're right, theres no Tropheus brichardi with long nice blue fins, i asked the owner what type of brichardi it is and he said its the kabimba. i thought it was rather cheap. maybe that new kid doesnt know his fish! :p

Hey Mick....

sorry to hear of your tank giving way!!! Any aquarist's worst nightmare! Any reason it could have happened? How did u managed to save the fish....were u at home at the time? I hope your enthusiasm for tropheus and all other fish will rekindle with time! ;)

10050460.....i didn't think i had to clarify that brichardi meant tropheus brichardi!!! :lol3: Anyway, would luv to hear from people around Australia if they have seen or kept or even keep any form of tropheus brichardi.....please post pics!!!

Waruna....those water change pics are awesome...the ilangi look like the "real yellow" variety that demand big bucks around the world....once u get them breeding u will have no shortage of demand for them!!! Also those petros look like they are really settling in...pity they are not growing fast enough for them to start breeding and u sending me some fry! That pic of the ilangi with the big mouth is amazing....i think it is trying to show those petros that his mouth is bigger than Angelina Jolie!!!!

I believe if u can't get a good raw digital shot with a good quality camera in the first place, it doesn't matter how great your post processing program is, it can only do so much.

the tank is way old >10years and i got it second hand, probably old shop front, really scratched.

the base has broken in it ages ago because of a dodgy stand so i cut it out and replaced it, must have done a dodgy job as the silicone hes just started to let go on front of the base, latsed 5 years.

i woke up went into the garage , saw it was about 4 inches too low, and then noticed teh water coming down the front of the stand.. so got the syphon hose and emptied the tank transfered the fish.3 towels contained the water.. if i hadnt have seen it when i did i feel it was only a few hours before the entire front let go, the whole front base bit was very spongy indeed.

Hey Shane, Thanks mate, they are around, not very popular I guess. There are two variants of P. trewavasae. They are pretty cool to watch, I put all the rocks in the tank and they are more interesting now. Haven't noticed any aggression, quite peaceful. My ilangi on the other hand are excited a bit with all the new deco, no serious dramas yet.

Thanks Dave, definitely my first fry to you (after I keep a few for me). I am getting 6 ilangi from Jim within the next few weeks, may be you could send me those Gobies and GK at the same time? I have two moliro females holding atm, hopefully this will be it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers,

Archived