Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Does anyone have Purple lufubus?? If so i'd like to see a pic of them.. Thanxx JoeyD

Hi Joey,

Welcome to the forum. If you go back through this thread, there are quite a few Lufubu shots. Dave (Moliroman) has some as does Aline (Chipimbi).

I am on the list for some myself, I love the look of them.

Cheers

Shane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanxx Shane.. I was just going through the thread,all I can say is I never seen so many GREAT shots.. I only got up to April so far,but I am enjoying every minute!! I might have to dig up some more pics to post!! JoeyD

Some pretty shots there Joey :)

I was lucky enough to have WC Lufubus brought in about eight months ago (as far as I am aware I have the only breeding colony (other than those that keep their collections more private than us forum frequenters :lol4:) and Dave bought the first lot of fry that I sold after keeping 20 more to add back into the colony :thumbup:

Their colouration is quite subdued under tank lights but away from the normal fluoros they are a sight to behold. The fry have pale blue chevron stripes that develop over time to a purple head, green/blue body and pale blue dorsal - I love them dearly :wub It is also comforting to know that the majority of fry have gone to true T enthusiasts and in a year or two if they are true to their heritage will be breeding well for all.

While not the most striking of my variants they are the most precious next to my Chipimbi.

Welcome aboard the T train - just a word of caution 'hybrid' is a bit of a four letter word around here :thumb .

Aline (or any other T nuts)

Re my other thread on sexing/guessing sex of T's by appearance of head/body shape and lip colour. Are you able to tell the sex of the Golden Kazumba's in JoeyD's pic a couple of posts back? I see one seems to have a bigger 'chest' so I am thinking male, any advice on the others?

Cheers

Shane

I see one seems to have a bigger 'chest' so I am thinking male, any advice on the others?

Cheers

Shane

Thinking would be the operative word....... :) the one on the front left is slightly larger across the chest but that is all - colouration is almost identical, there appears to be no difference to the head shape at all. IMHO these are either young adults of both sexes or females. We would need to pick them up and look at their bits to know for sure.

I don't keep this variant as my yellow T's are nkonde and am unsure if they keep their moorii stripes for a while or not-hence the guess on their age?? Dave will respond to this I am certain :)

Hello, everyone.

Wow! What an awesome thread. So many pics of beautiful tropheus. You are all my kind of people. :thumbup:

Well, I would like to add to this thread if I may. I currently have five tanks up and running. They are as follows:

(1) 300 gallon tank

(2) 150 gallon tanks

(1) 92 gallon tank (no fish, tank is cycling)

(1) 90 gallon tank

I keep the following species:

Tropheus red rainbows, Kambwimba

Tropheus mpulungu

Tropheus Ikola

Tropheus Chimba Reds

Tropheus Ilangi

Petro Blue Giant

Petro Famula Chimba

Petro Trewevasae's

Now for some random pics:

300 gallon tank

IPB Image

both 150 gallon tanks

IPB Image

92 gallon corner tank that is cycling

IPB Image

90 gallon tank

IPB Image

red rainbows

IPB Image

mpulungu's

IPB Image

petro trewevasae

IPB Image

Ilangi

IPB Image

petro famula chimba

IPB Image

petro blue giant

IPB Image

chimba reds

IPB Image

more to come soon. :)

Hey hey J.

Love those rainbows :wub and you are definately testament to the texas holey (or should that be holy :lol4: )rock -that we all crave so much

Your tanks are beautiful with that polished water look that just screams great filtration!!

Welcome Jolley,

Those Rainbows are awesome, I also love the Moops, and the juvie colours are very cool. I have seen some of your posts on Cichlid-forum.com, you have some great setups. Only problem is photobucket only seems to leave the pics linked for a few months so I can't see some of the older ones from earlier this year. :(

Good to see this forum getting an international flavour!

Cheers

Shane

Hey John, Your tanks look fantastic. :clap i love the corner peice with the large corals. Your fish look great too. Awesome photos.

Welcome to the thread. This is the best T thread out there to get all the best advice and photos. :)

Are there many T junkies your way ?

Shane...i will have a look at the pics when i get home...somehow the work computer does not allow viewing of pics from photobucket!!! It is very unreliable to sex Ts from just appearances alone...only sure way is to vent sex them or actually see eggs being laid or held!! :lol2:

Jolley....welcome aboard...we need more tropheus nuts to contribute to this thread :thumb ...make sure u post often...at least once per week!!!

- i wish i could have a 300 gallon tank!!!!

- also if only we could legally import other petrochromis sp..!!!

Hey John, finally it is done!!! Good to have you here mate. Your collection of fish and tank setups are very inspiring! Pretty much all WC fish, mmmm.......I’m dribbling……. :wub

Cheers,

Waruna

Kilroy....i was thinking the only thing i have noticed that may be helpful in sexing a T is the bump above the upper lip of the fish.....is that the nose?....well this is a lot more prominent in males.

Jolley....awesome setups...must have spent a fortune...your tanks are immaculate and they are all kept in wooden floored rooms....do u keep a few tanks per room? R u married? How did u convince your other half that u needed all these tanks? What are u planning to keep in the cycling 90G?

Joey...luv those linangu....was thinking about getting some WCs of these as well but was concerned they would look very similary to ilangi and nkonde yellows....from your pics they look very unique indeed...please post more pics to help me decide!

Moliro Man.. They look NOTHING like Ilangis, They are a Plum Color ,with pale yellow and lighter plum on there sides..I'll crank up the camera again ina few!! J D

come on Joey....try your hardest to convince me to get some of these!!! :lol4:

do they look better than red rainbows?

how many did u get and what size is your tank? And if u don't mind, how much did u pay for them (just to get an idea how much we are being ripped off over here!!! :shock: )?

Archived