Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Yeah I'm sure they will. The others are very red at a small size though, when I first saw it I thought he must have photoshopped the pics. The ones I am keeping are more yellow than red at this stage.

Dave how big are your reds? I think you have had yours for a bit longer than me!

Would be good if Jim could post some pics of his WC's, there just aren't many photos of them out there.

Cheers

Shane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics guys :).

I saw those pics as well of the Ndoles, they are extremely red aren't they. I'm sure you recognise that tank Dave. I wonder what happened to his Ikolas and Bembas since the tank looks like the one they were in.

A quick tank update from me. My big 5 footer is drained and the Moops are in my smaller 5 footer in the garage. I went down to Universal Rocks today and checked out their gear. Now I have to check in with Wayne and organise the background and sump through him. I can't wait till the ball gets rolling.

Jamie.

Waruna....why don't u do another set of photos taken independently by your wife and yourself and we can be the judge on who has the better skills?? ;)

When are u coming down to Sydney....i would luv u to come over to take some pics of my Ts? And i am sure u will be welcomed by many of the Sydney T nuts as well!! How about a tropheus tank crawl?

Shane...i have seen Jim's Ndoles in person and they look amazing, much redder and brighter than my moliros in full adult coloration. I am sure with NLS and good water conditions they will grow up to be amazing specimens...u just need to be patient mate! My ndoles are just reaching 6cm but not all of them are colouring up as nicely as those u posted. I don't know if it has anything to do with them being housed with some lufubu? I know like all moorii, there coloration is extremely variable and dependent on mood and dominance.

As for Jim taking photos...the last i checked he was using a video camera to take photos so i don't think he will do it. I will try to repost some pics i took of his adults but they weren't very good quality.

Jamie...how are they coping in the smaller accommodations? What background have u chosen? U must photograph the tank as it develops and please share with us.

Shane...i have seen Jim's Ndoles in person and they look amazing, much redder and brighter than my moliros in full adult coloration. I am sure with NLS and good water conditions they will grow up to be amazing specimens...u just need to be patient mate! My ndoles are just reaching 6cm but not all of them are colouring up as nicely as those u posted. I don't know if it has anything to do with them being housed with some lufubu? I know like all moorii, there coloration is extremely variable and dependent on mood and dominance.

As for Jim taking photos...the last i checked he was using a video camera to take photos so i don't think he will do it. I will try to repost some pics i took of his adults but they weren't very good quality.

No worries, I am sure they will colour up soon. I don't know if they were all out of the same mouthful, but some of the reds we got are huge compared to the others. The two biggest are touching 5cm almost and the smallest are between 2.5 and 3cm. One has a really small head (appropriately nicknamed 'Pinhead') and there are two big dominant ones that seem to get along with each other, and give everything else a hard time. One has no real colour but goes darkish, the other is a yellowy purple/red when he's fired up.

Will post some more pics when I get a decent shot!

Cheers

Shane

OK,

Please excuse the quality of the pics. The only way I could get a shot of them was to throw in an algae disc and watch the frenzy! In the process they stirred up some crap from the bottom.

The pics are to show the colour variation of our Ndole Reds. Looking at some of the photo's they are redder than they look in the flesh. Oh and the Duboisi's don't seem to be that red at all :p

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers

Shane

Hey Shane (kilroy),

i find a good way to take photos is during a major water change....i took some of my ilangi when they were crowded at the bottom of the tank when the water level was at 20% and also to take photos when the water is going in ....they will inevitably shake and display for each other!

keep them coming!

Hi Shane(Shaneo),

would luv to see the pics of all the duboisi in your tank....must look awesome now!

how many have u got now and what size range are they?

when u said u got some from Addicted2Cichlids do u mean the sponsor? Where does he get his duboisi from? Does he have any other tropheus?

sorry for all the questions.

Dave

Hey Dave i have 30 duboisi 10 are adults just started breeding 10 i got off Jim on thursday about 3 to 3.5cm got 7 today off addicted2cichlids the same size and a couple i breed at that size to. Also i will take some pics soon. Also addicted2cichlids the forum sponsor breeds his duboisi they are very nice aswel he also has a young breeding colony of moliros aswel they have held a few times but have spat.

Cheers shane

Nice looking fish kilroy how bigs the set up? Are they from jim I just got 10 more duboisi off jim also some off addicted2cichlids. Waruna awesome pics mate keep them coming.

Cheers shane :thumbup:

Hi,

They are in a 4 foot 300L tank (larger than standard 4 foot) until I get my 5x2 within a month. Both the Duboisi and Ndole Reds are from Jim. Am getting Lufubu next hopefully!

Cheers

Shane

Hey Hilton when they settle in a bit more mate you are more then welcome to come over and see them.

Then ill come have a look at your awesome Ts.

Hey Dave im not real good with a camera :dntknw: But im sure ill get some more when they settle in a bit more. But when i get GKs off you i wont be holding back on pics. Have you got any new GK shots to keep me going until i can get some :wub

Cheers shane

Hey Shane (Kilroy) nice pics of beautiful fish :thumb

A few Pics of my first fry, yes I'm a Daddy thanks to my moliro :thumbup: I stripped the female (there's pics of her on page 74) on Friday and had seven babies and then I lost one during transit :cryblow: . I have six healthy fry. I have been feeding them with H2O wafers and they seem to have grown a bit already. Here it is (BTW Catherine took these :p:p ):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Few more of my ilangi

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers,

Waruna :)

Awesome photographs Waruna. Such clarity! btw I only count 5 fry :shock:

Oh and Dave, if you can just get one Chaitika colouring up with that blue, it would be worth it! They look spectacular :)

Cheers

Shane

btw I only count 5 fry

Thanks Shane, that's Catherine's photography skills, I've already brought this to her attention :angry: My babies are in a net at the moment, I’ll try and take some more pics soon (all six of them)

I agree this is all Dave's fault :lol3::lol4: Did you take any pics on the weekend mate?

Thanks Josh :)

I have invited another Tropheus nut to this thread, John (Jolley), as soon as he gets permission from the admin, he will post lots of pics of his Ts. and Petros!! :thumbup: Welcome John :)

Cheers,

Waruna

Welcome John as well from the US of A!!!

Remember to precede any picture posts with a disclaimer that removes any responsibility you may have inadvertently caused to those who have suddenly developed an irresistible urge to keep Tropheus and Petros!!!!

look forward to seeing your pics soon!

Dave

Hey, John Jolley's joining the fun, unreal :thumb .

He's a top notch bloke and his fish are bloody sensational. Get ready all you T newbies, you're gonna love the pics coming your way. John has some of the nicest coloured Ts I have seen in pic form.

Welcome mate :) .

Jamie.

Hey, John Jolley's joining the fun, unreal :thumb .

He's a top notch bloke and his fish are bloody sensational. Get ready all you T newbies, you're gonna love the pics coming your way. John has some of the nicest coloured Ts I have seen in pic form.

Welcome mate :) .

Jamie.

Yep,

I've seen his pics on cichlid-forum.com. He has quite a few varieties- Chimba's, Moops, Ilangi, Red Rainbows and more from what I remember.

Must have a great setup, tanks look great.

Hi all i to have seen some of johns pics of his fish very nice.

Heres a few more pics of my duboisi i took today since ive put the extra 15 juvies in they are totaly diffrent fish. I havent seen my adults this active since i lost a couple from bloat now i cant stop watching them. Ive pulled a lounge in front of the tank and just sit there. Hope you enjoy.

p.s. excuse my dirty glass ive got stubbin algea on the back panel i cant reach

Cheers shane

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

well dave, i hold u personally responsible for my newly forming addiction :p nah its only been a matter of time comming... ide say when i re arrange my fish room and put the 5ft in there ill be ordering up big with the tropheus :) cant wait till someone tells me that they have some for sale and will send them to adelaide! prob be in a month that ill be wanting them!

Shane...luv those D pics!! That is one of the things a like about tropheus....they are always active but when u add more to the tank, they suddenly go crazy checking the newcomers out and then re-establishing their positions in the group....it is like a bunch of kids checking out the new students at school...

Phear....don't get me wrong....the more people who come to keep and luv tropheus the happier i will be...i just want more people to learn how to look after them properly and really enjoy them instead of killing them and then deciding they weren't for me...

i have noticed there is a lot of demand for tropheus interstate....i think someone should operate on a commission basis to ship tropheus interstate....i know a lot of people have enough tropheus to meet the demand but are just unwilling to ship them because it is a big hassle if u don't know what u r doing....also some people who have accounts with one of the major airlines such as Virgin Blue and AAE will have lower rates for shipping and would be more worthwhile for u tropheus nuts that live interstate...

Archived