Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

A big welcome to ACE from me too smile.gif I have enjoyed your pics. on ACF and am glad you have decided to post here too. I'm sure we will all benefit from your vast wealth of experience with Tropheus spp.

Andrea smile.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way, Klaus is here thumb.gif . How cool is the internet, you can have visitors from overseas just pop in at any time.

Thanks for posting mate, your pics are sensational. I just love those Nangus, they're wicked wub.gif .

Thanks heaps for droppin' by mate, you're definitely always welcome around here smile.gif .

For those that don't know, Klaus is one of those blokes that will do anything to help someone else, is always positive and as you can see, can take some pretty bloody mean pics bigsmile.gif .

Good ta seeya here,

Jamie.

Hi Klaus...

We would luv to see more Tropheus pics!!!!!!

I will come back to check to see the new ones tomorrow!!!! thumb.gif

Dave

Ps....We would luv to see some brichardi, Lufubu and chaitika pics if u have any? wink2.gif

Pss...and also some petrochromis pics as well.

I guess we should check out your website!!!! woot.gif

WOW those pics are awsome, thanks for posting and welcome to the Tropheus addiction down under.

At this rate i will have to stop taking pics mine are looking so very second rate, lol.

At this rate i will have to stop taking pics mine are looking so very second rate, lol.

Hey Mick, stop complaining. I just checked out you pictures and they look great. And some awesome fish you got there too.

If you are personally not happy with your pictures, just keep trying and the WILL get better. thumb.gif

thanks for the encouragment, but i am using a 5 year old sony cybershot

3mp, dodgy lenses they are not going to get great anytime soon. lol

Dave i will try to get a few more pics this weekend, but no promises it is a bit crazy here at the moment. I am still awaiting some new tanks so i can spread a few things out, all i can say is that the brichardi reputation is deserving, i am pretty sure there is maybe 50:50 m to f so thats too many boys i aim to keep two definate male in th tank and move the rest to a display somewere, and am loooking for a few more fish to plump out he colony, i am thinking they will go in the 6x18x18 soon...so not too settled yet , but i have two boys that are trying way too hard to breed, still a bit excited i think, but theyare a good 6-7cm so it shouldnt be too long.

I will add pics to this tonight or tommorrow.

I am still awaiting some new tanks so i can spread a few things out, all i can say is that the brichardi reputation is deserving, i am pretty sure there is maybe 50:50 m to f so thats too many boys i aim to keep two definate male in th tank and move the rest to a display somewere, and am loooking for a few more fish to plump out he colony.

Hey hey Mick,

You may want to try and lower the temp by a degree or two it may slow them a little dry.gif .

My cherry spots and polli both sit at around 23 degrees and it works wonders thumbup.gif.

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words Dave blush.gifthumb.gif .

I think you're being a bit too kind though. They are the best pics I have taken of them though. I'm really happy with the way they turned out.

They are pics of different fish but they are all wild caught. I am pretty sure though that the 1st and 3rd pics are of the same fish.

Thanks again,

Jamie.

PS Far out, look at all of those thoughs blink.gif .

PS Far out, look at all of those thoughs  blink.gif .

Only from a teacher Jamie LOL.gifthumb.gif

Great shots of the Moops - watch out Aaron Alcantar hug.gif

Cheers

Thanks mate!

Got the very heavy sandstone block from kellyville landscape supplies on the weekend. Was so worried it would be too heavy for the tank, but i used some filter sponge underneath to cushion the load. Wanted to have a different look for the tank. The GKs look great scrambling above the rock!!

Dave

i was just thinking that lake tanganyika doesn't have texas holey rock and there is instead large sandstone boulders. The large sandstone block i've used is almost 30kg!!!! But hopefully the Ts will get use to it and come out from behind it more often. It looks awesome seeing them eating stray pellets off the top of it and male/females dancing on it!!

I have to say Dave that I'm not keen on the set-up sad.gif To me, the rocks looked placed and there's not enough perspective/depth. I would add more rock, vary the size and angle them so that they are irregularly placed. Also, the rock "types" don't seem to match. Basically what I am saying is that it doesn't look natural to me (colour wise, shape...round pebbles and squarish blocks, type). JMO.

Andrea smile.gif

I have to agree with Andrea mate. I must admit, my setup isn't natural looking either.

I love the colours on that sandstone though. More of that stuff arranged so it looks like it has fallen, not placed as Andrea said would look unreal.

I would like to see all the equipment hidden as much as possible too.

On a side note, it's great that these guys are spawning for you.

I hope you don't mind our comments smile.gif.

Jamie.

Archived