Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day Guys,

I haven't put up any pics for ages so I thought I'd better do it. My tank has been re-arranged. Instead of two rockpiles I have one big one on the left and a couple of flat ones on the right. The fish seem to like the extra swimming space, they are out on show more than before. If they get spooked they still have the rockpile to retreat to.

I also have 14 new additions. They are the wild caughts that Jim used to have. My tank is like a fishy family reunion. Since they have been added the breeding has gone through the roof. I have about 40 fry that I'm growing up and there are many more females holding. The fish spawn constantly. The dominant males are from my original colony. The females that hold are about 50% F1 (my originals) and 50% WC. The spawning activity in the tank is almost constant. They still spawn when I've got a net in the tank catching holding females. It's full on.

Anyway, better show some piccies, I just can't get a good shot of any of the new WCs, or any of them for that matter bigsmile.gif .

Here we go.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hope ya like 'em. I'm just lovin' this colony at the moment, I always have of course but more so at the moment. The colours they are showing are pretty spectacular. I'm also stoked to have Jim's WCs. They are gorgeous fish smile.gif .

Jamie.

They look great Jamie, the more people post the more jealous I get.

I want my tank now!

angry.gif

I saw some moorii Moliro and duboisi at Auburn Aquarium this morning. I think I've fallen in love with the Moliro now wub.gif

Cheers Jon smile.gif .

That's the trouble when you're deciding on any type of fish. You fall in love with about ten different variants. I also was sold on Moliro when I was first deciding. When I saw The Moops though, the decision was easy. That was over two years ago, I love them now more than ever. My advice is to see as many variants as you can, not on the net, in the flesh, then make your decision. Once you've made up your mind, you'll be stoked mate thumb.gif . Just don't rush it, ofcourse with the state of your cabinet, you have no choice but to be patient sad.gif .

Jamie.

Jamie....i don't know how i missed this post! Luv the new rockwork! They are all getting along so well together now. Looks like they have never been apart.

Your second shot is very sharp and shows the colours very well.....well done!!!

Must be a queue waiting at your front door for fry!!!! LOL.gif

Come on, post some pics of your fry and your new fry setup!!!!

Jon....u should have bought my Moliro colony i sold recently. U would have loved them! My advice is to pick the variant u like most and stick with it. All Ts pretty much behave the same way as a colony (i know the blacks and brichardis are more aggressive!) u just have to decide if u like the look of them, since u will be looking at them for many years to come. Some people buy a variant they know they can sell. U have to decide for yourself, no one can help u. Anyway...u can always get another colony....and another and another!!!!! thumbup.gif

I remember the days or having a tank as full as yours Jamie. They all look fantastic as usual

Josh

Just don't rush it, ofcourse with the state of your cabinet, you have no choice but to be patient  sad.gif .

As you said, just sitting patiently at the moment. On Thursday it will be 3 weeks since we rejected the first cabinet (and 8 since the original order was placed) so I will be getting up them on Friday if I haven't heard anything earlier.

Jon....u should have bought my Moliro colony i sold recently. U would have loved them!

There's no need to rub that one in, I'm still annoyed I wasn't a few month earlier in gaining permission for the tank tongue.gif

There is a note on the classifieds post saying all the juveniles were on hold (20/04), the adults don't seem to have been sold yet.

I'm interested in getting juveniles so I can watch them grow and form their little community.

Guest j.c fishfan

man you uys have some nice fish!!

i would love to eventualy keep some of these!

jamie smile.gif

Hey Jamie, whenever you feel like taking the Tropheus plunge, there are people around here who'll gladly help you out. They aren't as hard as you may think smile.gif .

Dave requested a pic of my tank for the little bubbas so here it is.

user posted image

The babies are going great, getting bigger and more active each day. These guys will be on the market soon if anyone is interested.

That is the cutest replica of a T environment I have seen woot.gif

Great to hear they are doing well and will be leaving the nest soon thumb.gif

Cheers

Aline

Cheers Aline smile.gif .

The bubs are so cute wub.gif . It's so cool watching them develop day by day. Me and Kristy were saying today that they are too cute to sell, but.... we don't have the room bigsmile.gif .

Seeya,

Jamie.

Guest j.c fishfan

yeah but the thing is is that i have to convince my mum to let me setup a 4ft to house them and i need the $$ too!

does anyone have any really good pics that may help?

thanks

jamie smile.gif

does anyone have any really good pics that may help?

If you work your way backways, you'll find some good stuff in the previous 44 pages wink2.gif

Google is another good option, the image search is great for bringing up lots of pretty fish.

Jamie (Parrdog)....great to see the T growout tank! I didn't realise u added so much rock to it! I can't seem to see any of the growing Ts. Any chance of a close-up? May be easier doing feeding time. Also i think i can see lots of eggsacs in the fry saver. Is there enough water movement/aeration in there to prevent fungus formation? By the way, what filtration are u using in there?

Archived