Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Bloody hell Dave, what do I answer first LOL.gif ?

Any chance of a close up? Ahhh, nope laugh.gif .

The rock thing- they seem to like it, their instinct is to hide smile.gif .

Egg sacs- All the little bubs have fully formed heads and tails and move around freely. They are growing each day.

Filtration- a HOB for mechanical and a sponge filter for bio.

Thanks for the interest mate smile.gif , am I free to go now or are you gettin out the bright light and the phone books again woot.gif .

Seeya mate,

Jamie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool Andrea thumb.gif . All those colonies look as happy as, mate. It's amazing how quickly the little guys colour up when you take 'em away from the big, bad adults.

Thanks heaps for the look, made me smile that's for sure smile.gif ,

Jamie.

Hey Andrea,

Here's some old pics of The Moops that I dug up, from when they were little tackers like yours hug.gif . You can definately see the family resemblance.

Hope ya like smile.gif ,

Jamie.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

.....and one when they were a bit older cool.gif .

user posted image

Ohhhhh weren't they cute wub.gif . It's great to go on a trip down memory lane. It's so cool putting these pics up of these little bubbies and then walking downstairs and seeing the big beauties they have become thumb.gif .

Hope ya enjoy this,

Jamie.

Ain't it great seeing your fry swimming happily in someone elses tank 1000s of km away and looking like they have grown quite a bit without your help!

I wish more of our people out there who have bought fry or adults would do the same and post some pics to let us know at least they are still alive! wink2.gif

Jamie....i think i will ask u more questions when i come to your place soon....maybe in a couple weeks time? I will bring the hammer, the telephone books and the metal halide lights!!! shock.gif

Andrea..great to see you are starting T breeding factories in the Wild West! I have had many a pm from your fellow westies requesting fry shipped to them. Hopefully u will be able to satisfy the Tropheus shortage in your neck of the woods very soon! thumb.gif

Thank you so much Andrea for the update and the pics hug.gif I would know their little faces anywhere and how happy do they look in that set up thumbup.gif

Cheers

I think we have a new tropheus queen emerging clap.gif You have plenty over there now Andrea. I have to turn the screen away from my Tropheus tank (or slum as I have now renamed it laugh.gif ) so that they dont get a glimps of how good it can be.

Andrea

Do you find that thr T's destroy those plants?

Josh

LOL.gif @ turning the screen away!

They do nibble at them...actually I find the moops are the worst. They actually tear the vallis leaves from half way down instead of nibbling the tips. I have to clear the floating torn off pieces from the surface fairly often in their tank. However, the plants do grow quicker than they are eaten so it's not too bad. It helps growing stock in the ponds out the back so that I can refresh them as I need.

Andrea smile.gif

Here are some pics of my wildcaught Golden Kazumbas

GK male with the timid females waiting behing a holey rock!

user posted image

GK male

user posted image

At last the WC GKs are breeding! thumbup.gif

Fry with eggsacs

user posted image

Fry just stripped from mum!

user posted image

Fry growout tank - 50cm cube

user posted image

Enjoy

Dave

Beautiful as always Dave smile.gif those baby Kazumbas are a treat - look at how dark they are wub.gif

Hope to see you soon.

Cheers

Aline

Hey Dave, I keep coming back to look at that first Ilangi pic. The deep colours on those guys is just sensational, you must be stoked with their development thumb.gif . By the way, any news on your shipment of Rainbows?

Jon, you can't go wrong with Ilangi, just beautiful, and at $10 a pop, they are practically being given away woot.gif !

Jamie.

HEy Dave sweet looking fish, kinda makes me impatient for my littleies to grwo up, i did think they would be more yellow than that but.....Blackish head, red dorsal, yelow body....

or is thereore than one type of ilangi / nkamba bay moori?

Thanks guys!

Aline....i can't wait to come and visit.

Jamie...thanks for the comments. i just wish the ilangi were more productive. I have i feeling they are either too young or there are too many males in the colony. I am still waiting for Nigel to sort some things out in Africa.

Jon...u can't go wrong with ilangi, that is why they consistently fetch such high prices across the world. $10 each in Oz is such a bargain!!!!

Trofius...these F1 are from Jim's WC and are Nkamba bay ilangi - ie. the more yellow variety. There are some that look more red like the chilanga. Your ilangi should turn out the same.

In now way am i unhappy with these fish ..far from it

But has anyone actually seen Ilangi that look like this.....

user posted image

this is the first pic of an ilangi i had ever seen many years ago actually in a Barons how to for tanganyikan cichlids book, this pic is from the cichlid room companion.

Hi Mick,

I have the Ilangi from Nkambe Bay and they are reddish in the top part of their torso fading through to an orange/yellow near their ventral line with the almost purple head smile.gif

There is a variant called Tropheus Ilangi Yellow which appears to have a solid yellow torso this may be the same as the pic you posted but I can't view it sad.gif

They both have the bright red dorsal fin.

Aline

Archived