Post Pics of Your Tattoo Here

Ben Eatoff

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got a tramp stamp by the look of things. (lower back).... lol..

I think if you search the tangent or even the photo thread you will find a similar thread just like this.

From memory Nigel had quite a few, including sleeves?

Tramp-stamp, welcome sign
:lol5:

I've never actually done the tattoo thing. I have a lot of mates with them (One recently got a huge phoenix from his left hip up to his armpit in one sitting - the tattooist said even he couldn't have stood that pain :blink ).

I've picked out and altered / personalised the tatts I'd get if I ever get around to it, and have been to a few tattoo parlours to talk to the guys there. I think what's stopping me is the idea that if you have to think about whether to get them or not, maybe they aren't really for you. I think you need to desperately want to get them done asap if you are going to enjoy looking at them forever.

Not that Ben will have that problem, as only others will really see his...... :zipit:

The other problem is where to get it done. Chest is out (too hairy :lol2: ). Back and shoulders are out (already had suspicious moles cut off and they never see the sun, so would be pointless to get one that would forever be covered up). Arms are out as even though they look good, they would hinder any future job opportunities etc. The only place left really is the calf. Being a bloke and having hairy legs, I'm not sure how it would look. Anyone have one there or have a mate with one there? Do they have to keep the area hair free to make it look ok, or does it look fine without the need to do anything?

If enough people post up their pics, it might get me thinking about getting one again :roll:lol2:

Here are some pics of one mate with a few:

http://www.slide.com/large_ticker?pcid=70s...y6rZNFjkfqogVfw

Haha tramp-stamp. Yeah you guys can think what you'd like about it, but the reason i got that tat was that it looked good where it was and i wanted one there!

Vis your mates tattoos look decent! Where'd he get them done at? Also, I had a mole on my shoulder when getting my most recent one done, and although she did cover it up, moles arent as good as holding ink, so you should be able to examine them again if need be. (thats what she told me at least.)

Pinkster those are nice! Where abouts did you get them done at?

Here's my latest one:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Pinkster those are nice! Where abouts did you get them done at?

I get mine done at Dragon's Lair its just a small tattoo studio close to where i live but Swirly the guy who does mine is absolutely awesome!! The horse was almost all done freehand :thumb Those two were designs they had in the shop but the rest of my chest piece will be all custom drawn....im usually not into bird tats but yours looks really good :)

I've never had the urge to get a tattoo, :no: but I do like this design, quite clever.

I think it was shown on the last tattoo thread. I'm not sure if anyone here has had it done or not.

It reads "Death" one way but if you look at it upside down, it reads "Life"

IPB Image

Yeah thats the one i meant pinkster, i saw a bit of it and was curious!

I have the same thing with a design i got last year.. its not really fading, i just am really thinking of sprucing it up heaps to make it look much better!

Matty thats a pretty sweet design!

Hi all,

Sorry, it must be partly a generational thing (I’m 54 y.o.), but I just don’t get tattoos.

How do people cope with the fact that individual tastes change with time and fashions change with the seasons but tats are forever?

What’s cool today can be so ‘yesterday’ tomorrow :dntknw: I often wonder how many women regret having a dolphin tattooed on their ankle? Does it get any more kitsch than a tiny smiling Flipper?

I can appreciate good work; Ben’s Phoenix looks to be really well done, but it also appears, from some of the photos here, to be just as easy to get a really bad job that you’ll be stuck with for life.

I must admit I was surprised that there still seems to be a stigma attached to tattoos. To quote Andy:

….they would hinder any future job opportunities etc.

This must be a carryover from the days when only sailors and bikies got tats and ‘nice’ people wouldn’t even consider it :no:

Just a few thoughts from an alternative perspective.

Cheers,

Lee.

PS: I have two sons, one with tats (already being ‘updated’) and one without, and two daughter-in-laws, both with discrete tats.

How do people cope with the fact that individual tastes change with time and fashions change with the seasons but tats are forever?

What’s cool today can be so ‘yesterday’ tomorrow :dntknw: I often wonder how many women regret having a dolphin tattooed on their ankle? Does it get any more kitsch than a tiny smiling Flipper?

Thats why you shoudln't get a tat unless you get a feeling about it...you know when you really like a tat. And yes fashions change but tattoos arent fashion.

And people that are really into tattoos and put a lot of time and effort into their tats dont get them because the design is cool, its something you like so it doesnt matter if society doesnt think its 'cool' tomorrow.

I got mine because i really wanted those particular designs on those parts of my body and i dont care what anyone else thinks about them....i do it to make myself happy not to please other poeple and im sure alll those women with kitsch dolphins were thinkign the same.

tattoos are memorys of times gone for every tat that i have i can remember where i was who i was with and so on.

these people who get them because there mate has one and looks trendy will soon learn to regret it.

anyway theres nothing like a little bit of pain to let you know your alive.

keep australia beautiful get tattooed

hilly

nice sleeve hilly :thumb

i always wanted to get tattooed but i didnt want something that didnt really mean anything to me. thats why i got my family crest cos no matter what i will always be a hassett :8

i am also going to get a big eagle in flight up my whole arm. the shield will be on its chest and he will be carrying a pearl underneath. its in memory of my grandparents jack and pearl hasset who adopted my dad when he was a kid. which gave me the last name hassett :) my grandad loved eagles and he used to say hed come back as one. and my gandmas name was pearl.

ill never get sick of having it nor will it go out of fashion because its got alot of meaning to me and im proud of it :lol2: .

Archived