NSW major auction

intern1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going on past auctions, does anyone have any estimation around when the auction will wind up? e.g. what time the past major auctions finished?

I am guessing with 700 lots about 10pm, as previous ones did around that time.

The reason I ask is that my son has soccer grading early the next day, so I will leave early and then come back about 8-9pm.

The finish time will always depend on many things

If we issue 700 lots we do not usually get that many coming in on the day,so have no idea in advance as to the final number of lots that we need to auction.

Some people actually keep saying that we always get 10 to 20 % not showing up so we can issue more lots. I have always said that if they do all or even most turn up we will be there till after midnight again and that is just a waste of time trying to auction anything with no one left to buy,I am also getting to old to see the sun come up on my way home after a auction finishes :no:

The other big time thing is how hard it is to gets bids or if we have other issues ,such as with the computers .

The aim is always to finish the auction between 10pm and 11pm..but we have finished well after midnight and by just after 9pm also .

We should be able to give a better idea of finish time after we get started and have been running for a while , some of us up front have a pool going on the finish time :yes:

Anyway I will be there along with the highly paid committee and volunteers from 10.30 am untill it finishes :thumbup:

See you all Saturday

Kevin

For those that dont know :wallbash:

Time :help: Think 2pm start? Sat 2 March

Place Nuwarra Public School off Newbridge road.

Pick you bidding card up at the door etc etc

:help: to the new bidders/vistors out there

Correct me if I'm wrong

My 2 cents say the Committee do a great job and for free :woohoo: If you dont think they dont your welcome to stand for the job and offcourse do it better, easy really???

14 hours for a lot of them!!

Tks

John

I will have Red Snook, Heckelli, Cyp Fulwe rock, Plac sp blue otter, Keyholes, small Plecos

adult male Ps elongatus chewere, adult male Au chitande sp north

I hear there is one bag of Egyptian mouthbreeder fry be put through and some white calvus

I've had a good morning so far, all fish caught bagged and now for tagging,,,, only 15-17 more hours and i should be on my way home? Another perk of being on the committee, early start and late finish.

Should be a good night. hopefully i dont spend too much? See you all there.

Cheers Couchy

Archived