NSW major auction

intern1

Thanks to all the committee for putting on a great night

The auction ran really smooth a few computer glitches nothing major

and i got home around 10.45 brilliant

I good good prices for what i sold

and was happy with what i purchased

overall great time ,and was a bit surprised to see josh there as i thought he had another function that clashed with the night

thanks again

cheers

craig

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All in all it was a fairly good night, I got some fish I've been wanting and at a good price.

But the noise was ridiculous, I moved around the room a few times and it was the same no matter where I sat.

And I agree with Kev and him having had enough of asking for less talking, "if people miss something because of the noise, then it's their own fault".

I could not hear the auctioneers on a number of lots and I was very annoying, I don't have any ideas on how to police it, but something needs to be done

The noise was stupid, but what can you do, People give Kevin a hard time for yelling at people to shut up, but last night he didn't do it once.

Maybe the people in the crowd need to start telling the people to shut up, that might work for them.

I got one L201. Nice fish little fish.

The variety was generally good. No-one can complain about the amount of yellows this time, they also sold for top dollar. Most bags went to $40 and some over &50.

I dont think I can remember anything being sold for a cheap price, a sellers auction this time in my opinion.

I think F1 Tropheus Ikola being passed in was the biggest shock for me. 6 fish could get $70, but two adult Red Rainbows were bringing $60-$70 dollars.

Lots of Greshakie (normal and albino), Calvus and comps. Plenty of catfish but a fair bit of variety, L002, L201 & L397 that i can remember, plus the usually commons albino and calicos.

Really good night all-in-all, I left at about 9pm due to being tired, I left home at 9am to get there and didn't get home until 10.30.

Great Job The NSWCS team, another great auction.

A few bags of gresharki lol few hundred and blue dolphins

But very happy with the auction did not look busy at all

But definetly people with cash in there wallets

Yep must agree many people no respect just talking

Had a family behind us talking and laughing the whole night

Good job cometee ...

Home by 11. :) was a bonus

One thing I just can't understand is people not moving 1 chair over so a family could sit and so on.

Hi everyone

It was a great night great variety of fish and lots of rare ones as well it didnt go as smooth with the auction program but nothing to worry about we are still working on it , i was happy it finished early as i and Jannette were stuffed by the end of the night ,Jannette says thank you to all the members for their patience with her new scanning system as its still a work in progress. We were up by 6am getting everything ready we had a great time and got to meet new people , Great thank you to all COMMITTE AND ALL MEMBERS THAT HELPED ON THE NIGHT and hope to see you all next month .

Cheers

Lionel

who got the balzanis?

No balzanis Aussie ..if they had been there then I would have them :drooling:

The noise was the worst we have ever had ...I am sick of the many rude ,bad mannered,disrespectful people who continue to ruin it for others.

There was one group of 6 or so guys down towards the front that I watched talk across the isle on the side from the moment they arrived till they left,even after being asked to go out side if they needed to talk.

People up the back complained to myself and other committee that they could not hear above the noise,my answer to them was too bad nothing we can do about it.

If people are going to attack me personally about bitching about the noise ,then someone else is going to have to come up with a solution as the many committee members over the years have not found one.

I help to run the club and auctions for others , members and guests, I do not need to sell or buy fish at the auction ,I have many contacts from the over 30 years I have been in this hobby interstate and locally to do that.

The fish sold on the night were a great selection and were sold for a good price for the sellers and buyers alike,as we have always said that if we finish at a reasonable time most people stay till the end of the auction and prices are fairer. :thumbup:

After many years of complaining about all the Electric yellows coming thru (that always sell) I am now waiting for people to start complaining that there are not enough yellows and too many Blue Dolphins :lol5:

Thanks to all my fellow committee ,Illawarra members and the many helpers that organise and run these events for others to enjoy.

Regards

Kevin

Great night all round. Well done to you Kev holding back from yelling at the talkers. Maybe now people can understand why you do it? I could hardly hear anything most of the night.

People are just rude!

The raffle system and auction scanning process definitely were worth the expense they saved so much time from the night.

Prices were good for sellers, variety and quality was great and those yellows must have been gold coated for the prices they were getting. Funny thing is I had 3 people say they were going to start breeding yellows lol. People did even say there wasn't enough yellows there last night.

I got a couple of things I needed or found people who had them which is great

I'm thinking of writing reserved on the back of bid cards. Then people won't worry about losing their seats and can go outside and talk?

Thanks to the rest of the committee and helpers for another successful meeting

Cheers Couchy

I'm thinking of writing reserved on the back of bid cards. Then people won't worry about losing their seats and can go outside and talk?

People are not worried about losing their seats..they dont want to miss out on what the next lot is .

Being up the front I have watched them ,they look up and pay attention to what the next lot is decide it does not interest them and continue talking till the next lot.

When people actually want to have a discussion with me at the auctions, I say lets just step outside and I can see the concern on their faces that they will miss out on something while we do .

What alot of people dont seem to understand is that some of us up the front have been doing this for a VERY long time and we have seen most of this ongoing crap for a very long time.

Kevin

I sat in the front row and at times could hardly hear for the noise that people were making. I can understand the frustration of the auctioneers, as at times I felt like telling people to shut up.

It's a shame really as it affects sale of fish, wee wEEes people off and is down right rude.

That said I enjoyed the auction and scored a pair of firefin gold comps which are awesome colour.

Thanks again to the committee and all the people who volunteered there time to make such an event happen.

Thanks to everyone on the committee for their effort in what I would call a successful auction! Kevin, I applaud you for taking the stand not to take a stand...lol I reckon at the next auction, we should select the loudest repeat offender and volunteer them to auction lots...

I got some great fish, caught up with many great people and had a good, but tiring day. There are so many things I love about this event.

Andrew.

Maybe you need to make an example of someone - pull them out of the crowd, refund the $2 they paid for the bidders card that makes them feel entitled to spoil everyone elses auction, and send them packing.

If you need someone loud and obnoxious to make noise, and then take a verbal beating and be ejected, I could make myself available.

I was considering coming down since other plans fell through but realised I only wanted to come and say hello. And the weather meant it would not be a nice night for loitering in the carpark so I stayed at home.

i got some a trio of white calvus, 4 heckelli fry, 4 naevochromis chrysogaster fry and a pair of julidchromis marlieri gombe. Good prices for the common stuff but the rare stuff was an absolute steal.

I had been out of the hobby for over a decade -attended my first auction in 15 years - I was VERY IMPRESSED with the efficient way the auction was run .The computer description of each lot was self explanatory for the species and the information was very useful for novices and experienced bidders . The people who run the society were all very helpful and without hesitation pointed out other breeders who had what I wanted. The quality of the magazine was exceptional and I made many useful contacts......and got some great fish. What else do you want from an aquarist association ??

i reckon you need a big sign that says:

SILENCE DURING AUCTION

*Auction will not continue while

noise levels are deemed excessive.

*Offenders will be asked to leave.

*Auction will only continue at auctioneer's discretion.

make it big enough to read from up the back. ( maybe 1800 x 600mm)

It could be a banner that rolls up and is stored away till the next auction

Hang it from the lighting rack over the stage and nobody can say they weren't aware of the rule.

half the people that talk on, are probably not aware of the issue.

If you want me to orginise it i can (22 years as a sign writer might come in handy)

Jeff that is a very genorous offer but would be a total waste of your time :(

In the past I have lectured them that the auction cannot continue until there is some quiet so we can hear and concentrate,the silence lasted exactly one more lot until it returned to the same volume. I then had to tell them what I think of their manners and disrespect. to achieve absolutly nothing . :rant:

No one has yet to come up with a solution as to how to get so called ADULTS to behave in an acceptable manner :grrr:

Kevin

Archived