NSW major auction

intern1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a group turn up with an esky full of grog one year down in the Illawarra. They got extremely upset when we told them they couldn't drink alcohol on school grounds and stormed out.

It was quite funny really.

mmmmm straight on the BBQ

Why would you destroy a juicy whiting with a BBQ? Battered and shallow fried in rice bran oil to perfection... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

I'm bringing cans of mother. Also yellows, calvus and sand whiting type fish since none are coming Newcastle.... :zipit:

I'll be there rosco!!!, so bring heaps :)

Good stuff Micko I'll see you there :thumbup:

Maybe I will chuck some bristlenose, red empress and crimson tides just for variety :roll

BTW I kind a like Kevin yelling abuse at me at these auctions. I don't think that I am a masochist, it makes me feel like I am at with the wife, except of course but Kevin Is sooooooo much nicer :lol5: :lol5: :lol5: .

see you all there

cheers

Rosco

I will be bringing

Lf cats albino and common

Albino zebras

Similis juveniles

Red fin kadangos juveniles

Blue dolphin juveniles

6 bar juveniles

Large driftwood pieces

And a few fry

But no yellows I promise or calvus

As NSWCS membership officer I can tell all that the committee members are very generous for the raffles. They charge reasonable breeder prices for their fish to the club and most donate bags often including rare fish to improve the variety available. No one is profiteering on the committee that I have seen. You'd be surprised just how much time, effort and fish or dry goods etc these guys GIVE to the club.

I'm sorry to see some aren't happy with the clubs direction. Our membership is growing constantly and from the back of the room most seem to enjoy the meetings but the talking does make it hard to hear the guys at the front. If you are talking about a fish currently being auctioned do it quietly. If you are having a conversation do it outside. Simple? The club doesn't control what fish breeders sell they do limit the number of one species per member though. There could be even more yellows there if we didn't have these rules. But they do sell so its not going to change soon.

If anyone wants to leave the club let me know ill deactivate your card it will be sad to see you go though.

Cheers Couchy

i look forward to meeting the select group of knuckleheads that i assosciate with every month!!!

personally, i reckon the "Whiting desciption" is perfect for someone that's never seen them... and god knows, i bang on about correct names for species...

i agree the range can be a little tiresome, but thats what keeps me there til the last lot... you just never know...

Sounds like there will be one less whinging big mouth in the crowd...should be good.

I am surprised you are going to be at the auction Craig, will you still have time to do your make-up before heading into the city. I know it wont take long to do your hair.

I am surprised you are going to be at the auction Craig, will you still have time to do your make-up before heading into the city. I know it wont take long to do your hair.

"not that anything is wrong with that" josh lol. (a Seinfeld quote for those young peeps out there)

Cheers

Rosco

Hi Josh

No sorry mate I cant make it to your function in the city ,Since you have taken the float to the gong its not been the same

Rosco your right theres nothing wrong with that I want to show Josh our public support for his needs

Josh if you do get any spare time the rest of us will be at Moorebank at the auction if you get a little bored with the other action

Cheers

Craig

I'm guessing the Mardi Gras on the same night again?

Anyway to get this back on track,

Im looking for a quality young Venustus male, mine's become lazy and not breeding. I'm going to retire him to the display tank.

Hmmm choices... Ummm... Ok. I'll go to the Auction. lol

I will be putting some very nice and uncommon things through - but you'll have to be there to see what they are... :zipit:

Honestly, the range is up to us, the members. If all people bring is Electric Yellows and Black Calvus, that's all we'll have.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Possibly a breeding colony of 10 Lepto Mpimbwe Tricolour. There are definately 4M\4f and two probable girls. I am changing the config of my room so their tank has to go. It really all depends on the morning if I can bare to part with them or house them in my house tank.

cheers

rosco

Archived