Hello Cyprichromis freaks!

danielsplakat

Further to this, I experimented the other day with two aquaone globes plus an aquaone marine Blue. Then compared them to power glo, power glo with an actinic (don't remember brand but high end) and finally actinic by itself. The aquaone brands are complete craPe. My kekese which have neon blue similar to utinta definitely look superior under a double fitting, one globe being an actinic and the other a power glo. Then placed at the front of the top of the aquarium with a black background. The aquaone marine blue just made the whole fish look blue whereas the actinic shows much better the neon Colours on the other Colours ie contrast.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey cichlid lover, these are utintas. i only have these types now, used to have mpulungu and jumbo mpimbwe's but couldn't be bothered maintaining too many tanks. i had a really beautiful f1 yellow tail male for one year till recently when i was moving them into a new tank i didn't see myself dropping him onto the floor and unfortunately the poor guy dried up haha

agree with gillsysyd, if you really want them i suggest go for it. their behaviour in a group is really awesome, don't be sucked in the hype of trying to make money from fish because it'll make you hate the hobby. i don't think you'll be making much either with the rising costs of electricity bills, fish food, water changes and time haha. just enjoy it!

Yeah I'm up to 23 Specklback Mobas, Males are dancing but the females are just a little small.. They're in a standard 4ft now, but will be going into a 5x2x2 either this weekend or next. So i'm hoping that will give plenty of room for another male or two to colour up.

The dom male is all black but the sub dom males has a yellow tail and when he colours up it's freaking awesome.

oh damn the specklebacks are a really excellent specimen! im also keeping my eye out for some jumbo kitumba's bloody beautiful fish! if anyone has a spare male yellow tail leptosoma utinta i would be keen to buy if your near my area haha. i accidentally killed mine when i was moving him into another tank, thought he dropped into the water but instead dropped onto the floor and dried up... ahh that's why we never rush a job people

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
did you end up finding any kitumba man? i think that grant guy on petlink has an import list up haha. i hate looking at that list its very tempting. does anyone have any reviews with dealing with grant and the prices? ah this hobby is going to kill me... ha ha

That grant guy is grant Parkes on this forum. Just apply for classifieds access and you can see his imports. I have imported fish thru him with no issues and high quality fish. He is one of the best I have dealt with.

Cheers

Rosco

Archived