New Tank Journal

Bruce

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, got them last Friday. I've got some pics of putting all the plumbing together and stuff. I've been really busy with school work and extra study at school so no real time to upload them atm.

Bruce

Mate your still at school? And your building your own tank?

I'm speechless. That's a great feat. I can't even keep up with uni work because I'm so much of a bum sometimes. (Playing tennis. Playing Soccer. Playing Wii. Occasionally playing Wii Tennis.)

I've read through most of this thread and you've done very well to get this far. I tell you what. If you need help with your school work, I'll give you a hand. (I did pretty well in my HSC)

As long as you keep us updated.

Eagerly awaiting next post.

Yep, doing year 12 at the moment.

Thanks for the offer. I'll be sure to let you know if I need anything ;)

I will upload some pictures now.

Bruce

Alright here are some new pics, from the plumbing I did last Friday. I was going to wait to upload until it was all running smoothly. But here they are.

Bits and Pieces laid out ready to begin

IPB Image

UV Sterilizer

IPB Image

UV attached to cabinet

IPB Image

With pipes attached

IPB Image

Weir with durso and return installed

IPB Image

Return....these will most likely be changed to clear PVC pipe spraybars

IPB Image

Durso Standpipe

IPB Image

Filling!

IPB Image

The tank is now full of water and am waiting on some more PVC so I can setup the spray bars and getting this beast running properly. Leak testing wasn't that bad; only one bulkhead gave me a bit of a hard time. When the filters are up and running I'll get some more pictures.

At this stage I believe a couple of thanks are in order; first to Mark and Jeff at Aquariums@Asquith...you guys have been vital in getting me from an idea to where I am now. Second to Jamie (JamRom) for your support and help with moving the tank, thirdly to Ben from AOA who has been very generous and helpful to get this tank running. Sorry to anyone I missed out, thanks for following the thread...it's not over yet.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Its coming along great mate. :thumbup:

One thing you might want to do is put hose clamps on your connections around the UV connecting to the elbows (pic 4). If you use the metal or plastic ones (plastic ones are usually used on ag pipe) they can go on without having to take anything back off.

I like how you have all your fittings and everything set out in the first pic! I usually do about 50 trips to bunnings each time I realise that I don't have enough when I'm doing a job like that! (Its a good excuse to keep going back though!!)

Ben

Thanks, I know have hose clamps on there. These pics were taken before I put them on.

Yeah, you think you have everything and then you have to go back for another trip.

Bruce

Bruce. I have to say this.

Nice Carpet man. Looks eith Turkish or Persian. If your smart enough to buy a carpet like that, then I know that your tank is gonna look awesome.

THE CARPET !?!?!?!?... What the Hell. :lol1:

UUUUUmmmmmmm Bruce if I were u I wouldnt be needing much help with my homework !!!

If ya know what I mean ;)

Its looking really good. Keep the pics coming.

BTW hows the stand holding out ???????????

Theo.

Hey Bruce just saw this thread mate. Good to see the progress since we installed the tank. Thanks for the mention of thanks too mate. Not like it wasn't a struggle to get it in their or anything. Looks great mate. Just waiting for one more thing though. An invite to come around and see it all. Is it cycling now?

Hi Bruce,

Do you have some form of straight edge, like a spirit lever or 1m ruler or something? If you do just hold it to the legs (check them all) of the stand and make sure there isn’t any excessive bowing there. If there is then I would be draining the tank and having the stand fixed. If there isn’t then full steam ahead mate. :thumbup:

Hey Bruce it is looking good. I am not sure if you have done so already but may I uggest that you get some stainless steel clamps (the screw-in ones and put them on the clear tubing around the UV steriilizer as it will be under pressure and will probably leak

cheers

rosco

Jamie- you are welcome to come over and check it out whenever you like. Probably best to wait a couple of weeks until I have the background in and installed.

Ben- I did what you said; the legs are as straight as a ruler.

Rosco- I have put the hose clamps on there, the photo was taken before they were put on.

Bruce

:lol5: I've been in stitches for days over a particular new addition to ACE. This is hilarious!!!

Good luck Bruce! :lol3:

Haha. I think I know what you mean.

Thanks mate.

Oh and I get what you mean theo. :p

I just finished the HSC though, and I know it can be a lot of pressure. I did pretty well though in all my subjects except for physics. (Only got 80 for physics :/)

By the way (if your Greek), no hard feelings about the 4-1 loss to Turkey. I reckon Greece did pretty well and would rather watch a match between Greece and Turkey then Turkey and any other country (less Australia) any day.

How is this related to Bruce's tank? I don't know.

How is the carpet related to Bruce's tank? I don't think anyone knows.

By the way (if your Greek), no hard feelings about the 4-1 loss to Turkey. I reckon Greece did pretty well and would rather watch a match between Greece and Turkey then Turkey and any other country (less Australia) any day.

How is this related to Bruce's tank? I don't know.

How is the carpet related to Bruce's tank? I don't think anyone knows.

:offtopic:

-----------> :wallbash:

Rat

Archived