New Tank Journal

Bruce

Looking good Bruce. :clap

The foai are going to love it. Can't wait for some pictures of them over their pits. You will need more sand once they start pitting as they will take everything out of the middle of the tank, then off the other males and then they will start jaw locking and shredding each others fins etc etc :lol2:

As for the cycling comments, I thought you were getting a ladder so you could have a little "wee" in your tank? :dntknw:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ben!

They will love it but I only plan to have 2 males and a lot of females so hopefully aggression shouldn't be to high.

Yeah....maybe next tank :no:

Bruce

Time for an update, got the lids finally and they are all on and going well :)

Put the test pilots in last night, a couple of multies. They are all going great and tomorrow night my fish will all go in with cycled matrix, cycled wool and a canister filter :)

Here are some more pics to keep you guys satisfied :thumb

Full Tank Shot:

IPB Image

RHS:

IPB Image

Middle:

IPB Image

Middle Again:

IPB Image

LHS:

IPB Image

Lids:

IPB Image

Multie:

IPB Image

Multie2:

IPB Image

Multie3:

IPB Image

Multie4:

IPB Image

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing has really happened but the fish going in. I tried to take some pictures last weekend but nothing came out. I'll give it another shot tomorrow (no pun intended) if I get a chance.

Bruce

Here are a couple of crappy pics of the tank. Rescaped the tank....still not happy with it.

FTS

IPB Image

Female goby

IPB Image

Foai bower

IPB Image

Bruce

Most of the fish are in there now, but it's still too empty. I will probably just keep adding fish as time goes along.

Bruce

The tank does look a little empty. :p

It's probably because it's hard to spot the fish which are of a similar colour to their environment.

hey bruce, working in a glavanizing plant, didnt you end up getting it galvanized first before painting, gives you and extra 5% in strength as well as a very long duralbilty over paint.

no rust in years to come.

cheers

I painted it with rust proof paint if that's what you mean?

I am planning to get some boops as a replacement to the foai which I mysteriously lost large numbers of.

Bruce

Archived