New Tank Journal

Bruce

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks A1 Bruce, congrats on an awesome looking tank.

Generally silicon skins quickly and then about 2mm a day so I think you'll have no probs with it.

Now the hard part, having the patience to wait for it to cycle before adding the fish.....

I look forward to your next update.

The tank is starting to shape out nicely Bruce, hurry up and get some fish already :p Although if I had to be picky, I think the right side of your rock arrangment could be improved. ie move 1-2 from the left side

Not much has happened really, the tank is just up and running as normal. Next pictures will be when the sliding lids arrive.

Bruce

are you STILL waiting on those sliding lids? Ouch dude.

Fix up that right hand side rock pile so its a bit taller. You wont need much more width on it, only height. It just looks empty in that corner.

So when are you adding in the goldfish?

I have fixed up the right hand side now, give it a bit more body.

I'm not going to cycle with goldfish, rather with cycled matrix, old wool and a used canister filter :)

Bruce

Don't worry, Bruce knows what he's doing!! He's going to add the seeded material not long before adding the fish themselves :thumb If you add enough seeded material, there won't even be a small spike in ammonia or nitrite. I just added a seeded canister to my new tank, and seeded media to my new Eheim Pro, and after monitoring ammonia and nitrite daily for 5 days, there were no readings at all.

Poor bruce, no one has any faith in you. You have built this awesome display with your bare hands and are still getting the "dont forget this or that" remarks. The joys of a journal ;)

P.S Hows that stand going? ;)

Ah well, such is life. No one is perfect and will always forget one thing or another and stuff up somewhere.

Stand is perfect :)

Bruce

Archived