What the?

pipsqeek

Hi all,

Here's a 'what the' story.

I woke up this morning to the sound of my filter impeller running dry. I got up to see what the hell was going on.

As I stumbled out of bed. Turned the lights on, I saw all my fish, dead, sitting at the bottom of the tank. No water in it. So I looked around for water on the floor.

Nothing. No wet carpet, no water anywhere. I can't explain it.

Just thought I'd share my experience. And that I'm thinking of selling the tank, to get a smaller one.

Cheers

pips

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey

Well if the tank the night before was full when you went to bed evaporation for that much water is out of the picture. It had to of had a leak or some cruel person has came in and drained your tank while you slept. You might have quick draining carpet. LOL.gif

Cheers

Cameron

It's a standard 4ft (4ftX18inchX14inch).

I just can't explain it.

The wife and I are both scratching our heads.

There is no sign of water, and we're the only two in the house.

We're starting to think it's a ghost.

Can't think of any other explanation.

On that note. Since I've not been visiting this forum for a few years due to a fall out with an admin. I have long since returned. But to my disappointment, the trading forums... what the? what happened to them?

I was hoping to sell my tank to get a smaller one.

Anyway, cheers

pips

I think you have to sign up to get on to the trading part.

But missing water....very weird. I had a 1000L go missing from my pond over a 24 hour period, but it was a combination of hot weather and a plant with its roots sucking up water.

Going on from what Cameron said, have you checked for forced entry? Does anyone you don't get along with have keys to your house?

Such a bloody weird story, it must be totally blowin' you out. Maybe that admin person paid you a visit during the night, just kiddin.

Hope you find the reason soon,

Jamie.

The exact same thing happened to my cousin many years ago also with a 4 footer only he and his wife weren't sleeping, they had gone out for about 6 hours and came home to an empty tank, no water spillage evident at all on the carpet, he even checked the walls for wetness for some strange reason and they were dry too as he put it down to evaporation initially and now remains a mystery. No one has a key or the alarm code to his house, no forced entry, no cats or dogs and even if they did have 4 legged pets there is a very heavy hood on the tank. Till this day, about 10 years now, the same tank still runs in it's same position that it was first started, with the same sump and same eheim canister filter and has never leaked or mysteriously emptied itself. dntknw.gif

Yeah but 180 odd litres to dry up like that?

Archived