Parramatta Aquarium closing down

Nigel

RK and I were both there at 2.30, anticipating it being open. We both left work to be there, and when we got there the store was closed. Not happy Jan.

I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, but I was under the impression the store would be open today and was very disappointed when it wasn't.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey BlakeyBoyR,

I was there at approx that time too. :-( It was double pad locked. And I left work early too. *Shrugs*

I guess Nigel may have had enough by then. Hes done a lot for everyone and I appreciate it.

ooohhh Nigel... We thank thee!

Sorry I had leave early guys I had some business of my own to take care of. Also I was just about buggered after 14 hour days.

The new owner takes over today I will let you know if there still going to do good deals as there is still a lot of stuff that needs to be cleared. I think its safe to tell you who they are its Craig and Marie Dougles some of you may know them I think Craigs logon is Onlyme.

I think it may be worth giving them a try as some of you may know Craig is a tank maker he also makes aquarium furniture. So you will be able to buy all your aquarium needs from the one shop.

I have had a talk with Craig and Marie and the sale will continue for another 2 weeks. The same deal applies 50% of anything with a price tag and every thing else is open to offers. They will be there until 4pm today and will only close Christmas day and Boxing day. So get your self down there for some very cheap stuff.

We would like to thank everyone for their support and custom today.

The sale will continue for 2 weeks as Nigel has indicated, starting from today. There are many, many bargains still to be had.

We would like to thank Nigel for all his help and continued support, it's nice to have such a knowledgable and obliging man to help with the transition.

When you come in please make yourself known, so we can put a face to a name. We look forward to active participation in the Cichlid hobby.

Merry Christmas to all

Craig & Marie Douglas

Craig

I am comeing up again on the first day that you are open after christmas. Can you let me know what day that will be, and what hours you are going to be open

Josh

Certainly some bargains to be had !

I came home with a Golden Pleco about 12cm... I nearly made it without buying any fish... I actually made it to the car, but then went back in and bought it, lol.

Also got some dry goods.

Did any one else encounter the Pirhanas AKA 5cm Jewel Cichlids ? I put my arm in to see what a tail belonged to that was sticking out from under some driftwood and the jewels swarmed on my arm, and they really didn't tickle, i still have lots of little cichlid hickies on my arm woot.gif

Also great to meet this Nigel guy everyone says is a good bloke thumb.gif I concur.

I'll try and make it back another time after holidays.

I hope everyone supports Craig and Marie in there new venture I think they will be a great asset to the hobby. thumbup.gif The other reason is that they have decieded to allow me to continue the quarantine room and import side of the business and I very much appreciate it. smile.gif

Congratulations on the purchase Craig and Marie thumb.gif . I look forward to seeing the store thrive under your new ownership.

Matthew and I made two trips (okay I didn't go on the second one as I was Christmas food shopping dry.gif ) over this past week and were not disappointed with the bargains. Nigel has never disappointed and it is wonderful news that the import room will remain smile.gif

Maybe I can talk Matthew into one more trip......... woot.gif

Cheers

Aline

C'mon Nigel you love seeing us smile.gif We didn't haggle on price when I was with him dntknw.gif - must be that Josh fellow he went with the second time around woot.gifwoot.gif

Cheers

Aline

Went back up today people and must say the shop looks alot better, Craig and Marie and I guess Nigel LOL.gif have done agreat job, working over christmas to clean the place up and it shows now

Also met Craig and Marie and both are very nice people and, I hope, go along way in the shop

clap.gifclap.gif

Josh

Archived