Warm Welcome

Ducksta

Welcome to the club mate. I hope they do well for you. They will leave your other fish for dead, Much nicer and better to watch

Welcome Ducky to the Tropheus Club!!!!!

By joining the club u have committed yourself to a lifetime devoted to keeping these amazing fish alive! U were already under their spell even before u got them. I hope u will find time to do other things like eat and sleep LOL.gif .

Keep them healthy and u will be churning up some serious Bulubabies before too long!

Dave

Ps. When r u getting your next colony!!!! thumbup.gifwink2.gif

It's a bloody bad day for merjo to decide to think about shipping those limestone rocks East.
LOL.gif

Just imagine how good they'll look diving in and out of these beauties!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Andrea smile.gif

So when will we see pictures of them mate?

Today hopefully - they look fairly settled this morning and took to a light feeding so I will get snapping.

Ps. When r u getting your next colony!!!!  thumbup.gif  wink2.gif

Next colony will probably be as soon as I see another varient that makes me think "I have to have that!" So far the Bulu's were the only one's to smack me in the face, although those Nkonde's of Josh I think would make a great contrast colony if I ever get them into a 10-12 footer LOL.gif

Just imagine how good they'll look diving in and out of these beauties!

Andrea smile.gif

The problem is, my imagination has been going gangbusters!!

Anyone want to split a pallet-load? dntknw.gif

I think I could almost spend more on rocks than my new colony

I hope not Ducky now that you have the Tropheus bug I was looking forward to selling them to you buy the truck load.

When I find another varient I want to keep I'll be in touch Nigel thumb.gif

Anyway, I think I'm going to go watch my Tropheus......

Hey hey John,

Welcome on board woot.gifwoot.gif

I have already expressed interest with Andrea for some rocks so happy to share freight costs with you or any one else - it works on weight and size so have to make some inquires as to whether a discount on freight is possible LOL.gifLOL.gif

I now have all my colour and species variants with the arrival of the Lufubu - I too will attempt to post pics - I don't do it often because I am crap at it sad.gif

The Kigoma and duboisi are unhappy as they had to both give up their tanks for a while (yes still waiting on the new ones) - even unhappier is King Bulu who has a renewed burst of energy this morning making himself known to the Kigoma whom he hasn't had the pleasure of meeting before LOL.gif but hey have to make the newbies feel welcome.

I wish you well and pray for many cherry spotted bubs.

Cheers

Aline

A small word of caution if you are thinking about putting limestone rock in your tank. If you use KH buffers then they will react with the limestone. It is always advisable to use inert rock when using calcium carbonate buffers. I know Seachem strongly advise against using any reactive substrates or rock with there products. Just my 2c worth.

A small word of caution if you are thinking about putting limestone rock in your tank. If you use KH buffers then they will react with the limestone. It is always advisable to use inert rock when using calcium carbonate buffers. I know Seachem strongly advise against using any reactive substrates or rock with there products. Just my 2c worth.

Good advice is always worth more than 2c smile.gif

Not intended for my T's this rock is going to make a wonderful display tank even better thumb.gif

Thanks

Aline

I had a quick click session - nothing really turned out.

They aren't quite comfortable with me yet, and when I pick the camera up into their eye-line its skitz-ville, so solo Fish shots were right out of the question dntknw.gif

user posted image

Great fish Ducksta. I too would very happy if I had them in one of my tanks.

I can't see the pic. Is it me or is anyone else having probs

I had the same problem but then copied the URL from the properties.

Nice fishies Duck, good choice with the bulu points. There seems to be a trend happening here, if it continues soon everyone on ACE will be Tropheus addicts. bigsmile.gif

Finally, I've found an upside to living in Perth. I guess I can just drive on down to Andreas and purchase as much of that fine looking rock as often as I like wink2.giflaugh.gif .

Almost makes you want to move interstate doesn't it tongue.gif

-Mat-

Just  having joined the fish-keeping elite

hey John!

welcome to mugs club. thumb.gif

mate, all fish are adept to training humans to feed them, but these guys are masters at this game. always bungin' on the 'please feed me' act

when are you going to get more?? [answer]; when you decide you no longer need a social life, sport becomes boring and money is for fish and sundry items.

there is a medicine for TMTS, but i do hope ya never have to taste it

the pics show them to be typically unsettled, put some rocks in, even it's half house bricks stacked up. or sandstone from the local landscape supply. and leave the tank light off for a few days, just use the room light

just remember

dogs have masters

cats have servants

tropheus have slaves!!

cheers mate

The greatest time of your getting bloat is right now. Keep the medication on hand, feed what ever Nigel has been feeding them (in small amounts), and slowly change to what you intend to use (over say a three week period). NLS is great for them (though Nigel will disagree with me).

Don't listen to people such as the WAZ Wouzers thumb.gif . I have never lost a Tropheus to aggression after about three years. You may come into trouble due to your small numbers, so what out for this - I hope you have a really large tank.

One small tip I was given that I think helped a lot at the time when I first got them and only had 15 fish, was to use some of that floating agricultural piping, which I attached just below the water line (fixed in place). If your numbers mean one or two are taking too much heat, this pipe may save the day for you. I have taken mine out now, but I also have stacks of rock in there, and now have over 40 fish.

Let me know if further information may help, call me on 9541-4195.

Craig

congrats John , what made you take the leap towards tropheus, and not that there is anything wrong with it either lol,

good luck with them ,

want to see more pics of them !!

I was always one to advocate the more rocks the better and I still do with most of my variants.

The Bulus however have been a great learning T for me dry.gif . I started out with 15 - broke the first rule I had of not adding to an existing colony- rearranged everything etc etc and added 20 more. All hell broke loose.

I sought advice from a man I trust and consider my Tropheus guru - get rid of all cover he said, lower the temp a couple of degrees he said - well who am I to disagree with informed knowledge dntknw.gif I followed his advice and the aggression (to fin stripping and killing stage) ceased. I have on average 5 females holding on any given week and although King Bulu and his army never rest or lightens up on the pushing and jostling they have given up their murderous intent.

I still follow all the simple Tropheus rules - minimum quantities at any given feed, water quality and regularity and routine is what they love - but with this variant and with the Nkonde bloat, I will never be complacent or judgemental again.

They are in good hands Ducky but keep your eye on them - everything can be reversed if we are quick enough. I am on watch with the Lufubu as well - my first wildcaughts as well as their journey, keep me alert to their behaviour.

PS: I am glad that I am not the only one unable to get a single fish shot with the T's LOL.gif .

Aline

Archived