Membe deep

Josh

Ok These fish are here, I know that. So who is breeding or can get their hands on some Metriclima Membe deep?

Josh

Pretty sure that someone mentioned them being at Majestic Aquariums in Taren Point.

Think they're a bit pricey though.

I have seen them on the majestic site. $400 for 6 fish. Not to bad for a newish Psuedo really.

Laurie has them and they should be breeding but they are not. They might be like Msobo and take a bit longer to get going. Mawfish did have them at one time.

cheers

rosco

i thought you usually got the fish going by doing your naked dance in front of the tanks laurie? possibly you just need to do more than just dance to get the special additive chris refers to *shrug*

i thought you usually got the fish going by doing your naked dance in front of the tanks laurie? possibly you just need to do more than just dance to get the special additive chris refers to *shrug*

yup still got em & they are proving to be the most finicky fish to breed I've ever kept. :blink

Play them some Barry White and get the candles out.

yup still got em & they are proving to be the most finicky fish to breed I've ever kept. :blink

I'll try to find time this weekend to take some.

Mine were really shy but a few weeks ago I decided that if they weren't going to breed I'd use their tank to growout a whole lot of electric yellow and maingano fry.

They're much braver now with a hundred plus dither fish in with 'em (eating their food).

Males are like a large polit. Females and juveniles are a similar yellow to msobo.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 10 of these about 12 months ago.

8 survived to adulthood 4m &4f.

I had no sign of breeding so I moved 3 of the males out about 2 weeks ago . They are in a standard 4ft tank with a colony of 10 Copadichromis azureus.

Aerlier this week I found one of the girls badly beaten up, she died soon after.

Yesterday I could only see 2 girls & thought the worst. Upon a closer inspection I found her hiding with a mouthfull of eggs.

Here's hoping she holds full term.

Dave

Hey thats great Dave, good luck

But I'd be getting her out into a tank/ container of her own after 10 days at max

After dark when she is sleepy and willnot spit the eggs

saw the video the chris put nice pics also. Looks like its a polit and msobo or solousi female crossing pretty amazing.

Do the pilots and msobo live fairly close in the lake it could be a result of hybridization many years ago, but im sure thats with many of the species in the lakes.

John

Archived