"Super Quiet" Air Pumps...

Barracuda

I recently some airpumps from ben @ age of aquariums:

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalog...674&catID=8

These are advertised as "Super quiet and reliable". Thinking that they SHOULD BE "super quiet and reliable", i ordered 2 of them.

On the box of this pump, it still says "Super Quiet".

When i plugged it in...NOT SO QUIET!! In fact, its the noisiest air pump that I have got! (i have connected hoses to each end, etc so the noise should be the lowest, ie it cannot get any quieter) I have had to put a towel over it to dampen the noise.

Im sure its not Ben's fault, but its the company who manufactures the pump. I reckon thats false advertising.

Anyone bought the same thing and also discovered this?

Such a shame how air pumps are not quiet anymore, but.

The only air pumps I have come across that is on the quiet side is the Resun LP high volume range .

cheers

Simon

yeah most of the vibrate over the cabinet, prob the only quiet one is Eheim though i havnt used it yet but eheim is usually a reliable brand

These are advertised as "Super quiet and reliable". Thinking that they SHOULD BE "super quiet and reliable", i ordered 2 of them.

When i plugged it in...NOT SO QUIET!! In fact, its the noisiest air pump that I have got! (i have connected hoses to each end, etc so the noise should be the lowest, ie it cannot get any quieter) I have had to put a towel over it to dampen the noise.

Im sure its not Ben's fault, but its the company who manufactures the pump. I reckon thats false advertising.

Hi Barracuda,

Sounds like a faulty unit. Please email me your postal address and i will send out a replacement unit at no charge.

Ben :thumb

Barracuda, you stated you bought two of the pumps, but only complained about noise from a single unit (by the tone of your post). Was the other one quiet?

I've a small Schego airpump. It is made in Germany and was one of the dearest at the time when I was looking for a new pump, but I manly bought it because it's made in Germany and expected it to last. It is very very quiet. I do sit it on a thick piece of insulating material and that helps keep the noise down, but have in the past hung it from the curtain rod by a cord.

I think you get what you pay for with respect to airpumps and heaters and I'd recommend this brand.

Hi Barracuda,

Sounds like a faulty unit. Please email me your postal address and i will send out a replacement unit at no charge.

I once ordered a hydor canister and didnt pump from the get go(faulty) emailed you you said to suck etc etc and then i thought it was my tank and could have gotten into a fight when i tried to sell it,but then it didnt work on his too, emailed you and said it still didnt pump and was told to send back the motor with receipt etc at my expense, i cant find the receiept now , but he gets one sent out for free????with no recepit?? complaining on a online forum does wonders......

fongyfong, for your information i am not complaining, my original intention of this post was to let people know that this brand of air pump is not quiet as it is advertised, so that they wouldnt make the same mistake as i did.

HOWEVER

i only just tested the other pump, (as i didnt think that it would be faulty ome, thought they would all be the same) and it is quite significantly quieter than the other one :) Although it is not "super quiet" (ie it still has that droning noise), it is MUCH better than the first one, and i can live with it

Ben, i will send you a pm

fongyfong, for your information i am not complaining, my original intention of this post was to let people know that this brand of air pump is not quiet as it is advertised, so that they wouldnt make the same mistake as i did.

HOWEVER

i only just tested the other pump, (as i didnt think that it would be faulty ome, thought they would all be the same) and it is quite significantly quieter than the other one :) Although it is not "super quiet" (ie it still has that droning noise), it is MUCH better than the first one, and i can live with it

Ben, i will send you a pm

I know you werent complaining about AOA but you were complaining about the pump, and its false advertesing,

I guess it depends n what you call super quite. I have never paid $15 dollars for an air pump and expected it to be anything but a $15 air pump. Maybe in that price range it is super quite compared to other $15 pumps.

This would be a perfect example of you getting what you pay for.

Josh

I guess it depends n what you call super quite. I have never paid $15 dollars for an air pump and expected it to be anything but a $15 air pump. Maybe in that price range it is super quite compared to other $15 pumps.

This would be a perfect example of you getting what you pay for.

Josh

agree :thumb

Buy Schego pumps

I have use eheim and they are very quite and the price is ok. :thumb

I have never try the schego pump.

Btw, Ben is always fair with all the product that I got. I believe if you inform the problem straight away, he will resolve the problem. I got replacement for the LP faulty couple month ago.

Still happy with the service and price :thumbup:

I once ordered a hydor canister and didnt pump from the get go(faulty) emailed you you said to suck etc etc and then i thought it was my tank and could have gotten into a fight when i tried to sell it,but then it didnt work on his too, emailed you and said it still didnt pump and was told to send back the motor with receipt etc at my expense, i cant find the receiept now , but he gets one sent out for free????with no recepit?? complaining on a online forum does wonders......

Hi there,

I assumed this was resolved over the phone. As mentioned please send the unit back C.O.D via the post office and i will give you a credit / refund or replacement on the unit. You will incur no expense only time. In regards to the faulty air pump i simply replaced it as its a $15.00 item not a $300.00 external filter.

Hi there,

I assumed this was resolved over the phone. As mentioned please send the unit back C.O.D via the post office and i will give you a credit / refund or replacement on the unit. You will incur no expense only time. In regards to the faulty air pump i simply replaced it as its a $15.00 item not a $300.00 external filter.

Thanks but i havnt got a receipt is it still okay

fongyfong hehe like d name, sorry it sounds like your upset

i tend to jump to allsorts of conclusions in my mind if i have been exited or expecting something especially if its from someone i dont know. :unsure

i cant say whats right and whats wrong but AOA should have a record of purchess espcally if it came from this site but you cant expect not to be responsible for freight if you cant take the item back in person

I know it sucks freight to from and to

p.s this is the first forum i have joined and i believe that people help one n other here :thumbup:

i would like to know who stole the fish though <_<

fongyfong hehe like d name, sorry it sounds like your upset

i tend to jump to allsorts of conclusions in my mind if i have been exited or expecting something especially if its from someone i dont know. :unsure

i cant say whats right and whats wrong but AOA should have a record of purchess espcally if it came from this site but you cant expect not to be responsible for freight if you cant take the item back in person

I know it sucks freight to from and to

p.s this is the first forum i have joined and i believe that people help one n other here :thumbup:

i would like to know who stole the fish though <_<

If you read before hand i wasnt upset about paying for frieght thats understandable its like take taking back a product and paying for petrol its a pain but has to happen, i couldnt return it before cos i needed a receipt which i lost(the order was placed over the phone), the main thing i was puzzled on why this buyer was able to get a new one sent out free and not even have to return it without receipt etc and i had too anywya AOA explained it cos its only a 15 buck pump. which i guess is nothing.

Anywyas if i can return it without the receipt i dont mind paying for the shipping and if possible could i exchange it for something else?....

cheers

How did you pay for it? I am guessing credit cards or direct deposit. You should a record on one of those statements. If you have internet banking then go online and print one out.

I always order by phone and the receipt was attached in the box.

I have top filter that broken when its arrive and AOA replace it whithout me needed to send the broken one back. I still have it, just in case they want it back ;)

I believe, its just trust and open communication with AOA that solve it, not the post in the forum.

Like Josh said, you should have payment detail to trace back the transaction.

Good luck.

Archived