Would you like to see a photography forum?

YeW

Well, would you like a photography forum for fish/tanks etc?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep, love to see one.

It would be a good inspiration page for new setups and also will show people how different types of tanks and setups are planned for different species/breeds.

And now that i have a camera, and a host page, i can put up some pics in a photo specific forum.

Cheers, Alan. cool.gif

I wont vote until I know how it would work.

Would all posts with pics (ie. Identify my peacock/lepto/whatever) be moved there? Or would it be a forum just to show off?

I like the second idea, but the first way would bug me laugh.gif

I think that it's a great idea. Would there be any structure to the format? I think that it would be best divided somehow into categories.....or maybe it's just the Virgo in me speaking laugh.gif

merjo

PS Would it also be useful to have a photo section within the technical forum that may help to identify diseases, do it yourself projects and equipment? Just a thought.....or is that getting too messy???

It would be good if it was split into species threads or lake threads, so you wouldnt have to sift through a whole series of threads if you wanted to see some pics of frontosas or calvus etc.

cheers

Jonny

I think it's a good idea if it's just a showcase section for tank and fish pics. Otherwise it would get very messy with technical or identifier posts.

Merjo you Virgo laugh.gif ..... more like a Pisces. wink.gif

Cheers

Paul

Excellent idea! I enjoy seeing other people's fish and set-ups, having a photo album would encourage more people to post pics.

Personally, I don't think there is a need to get too structured. As long as people put what the pic is of in the subject and not "hey look at this" or "my fish" etc then you should be able to find pics you want to look at pretty easily.

Just my 2 cents worth. wink.gif

Mike

Guest Gutty

I'm in agreement with Ducksta, as much as i'd like a photography forum i still think the genral forum is the better place to be posting pics for identification etc.

I guess i'd really like to see it divided into Malawi,Tang,American,Tanks and Tips but that makes 5 new forums........ blush.gif Which is quite obviuosly a very big ask.

I'd still be very happy just to have a single forum for all things Photography(Herps, fish, help etc)

Aren't you supposed to be taking a break Dave ? wink.gif

Lata

Matt

It's a great idea. A picture tells a thousand words as they say.

I think it should be split into groups as well. Especially a tank set up section as this is probably one of the most perplexing part of fish keeping, it would be great to check out other peoples set ups.

Jdhogg

Sounds like a great idea if all the pics will be assorted into their own catergorie. Also how about a fish of the month or flavour of the month fish on the front page of members fish etc? Like the www.cichlidforum.com have.. It just might catch a visitors eyes and get thme to join! Anyways just a thought.. blush.gif

cheers! smile.gif

Richard cool.gif

i think its an excellent idea, as long as there is a distinction that allows people to post pictures in the general and more specific areas (dwarfs/ planted)...

The thing is I don't think it would be fruitful if posts are moderated into the pictures forums because they include a photo in them, or have a photo in them.. i.e 'i.d' something similar to how we can have a 'looking for these dwarves' posts in the dwarf cichlid forum...

I like the idea and agree with most that it should be a 'show off' section, maybe a space where people can post bigger pics.

Smaller pics for fish identification etc should still be allowed in the other forums.

A 'tank of the month' section in there would be great too, but unless we are prepared to let lungy moderate chat I dont have time to get it up and running sad.gif\

Tank of the month is easy. Everyone posts a pic within the first week of each month and then one of the mods can kill the post at the end of the week and post up the winning pic in a sticky tab.

Alternatively, a post can run for a month with pics added during the month and the winner gets posted up for the next month while a new post is formed for the month.

I'll volunteer to moderate it if people are keen to try it.

sounds great, you pick up alot of east ways to have your tanks etc... when you see someone else's (ie: using oil burners etc..) and the tnk of the month sounds great, I think posts should be ran for a month then the winner of that month is chosen early the next month!

blink.gifblink.giflaugh.gif

Ok well with 51 "yes" votes and 0 "no" votes so far, it lookes like it's a go.

Once it is up and running, I'll make the contest post for everyone to add to.

I'd ask that the pictures are kept to 800 x 600 or smaller for those that only have small screens or are half blind and need to have 800 x 600 resolution to read the words on screen.

If any pictures are far too big, I'll convert them to links so the owner can alter the size and repost.

Thanks Wayne, much appreciated.

Archived