Tropheus Duboisi new Tank

raycam01_au

about 12 black bee cyps, other than that nuthin,,,, yes i wanted a reasonable colony to spread out agression, and also get some good girl numbers wen i think it out :)

thanks for the comments

yeah i gotta gr8 deal on 25, then he advertised another 28 then 10.

so went alittle crazy but they look gr8 in the big tank.

It has a dark black back ground, and i love it cause all of a suddden you will see them come out of no where in a big swarm of white dots, then blend away again

they are setting up their territories now and settling in which is gr8

sure would one of ma favs,

i like big tank smaller fish mentality where i can, some of the juvies are juss starting to lose their spots and start the band, cpl of the bigger males juss starting to stamp alittle authority on the rock piles

Ray looks great hours and hours of enjoyment just watching the little critters to come

cheers

Paul.

sure is pauly, some of the little guys are juss starting to develop their adult colouration and gettin alittle territorial, all fun to watch,,,,

breeding time will be better :)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome setup. Great Colony!!!

A question.. Does the stone affect the PH of the tank? I wanted to do a tank like that and was warned off because the rocks changes the PH. It would be interesting to know

Cheers

Tomist

It is just sandstone so should not affect pH.

Nice shots Ray, it's nice to see a tank start out so well. Keep an eye on the pH and KH as the rock and substrate will most likely not buff the water.

Craig

:clap

Hiya Chris

Matey wats happening? Has been along time, a damn long time, hows things? Us old timers been around tooo long hey, the old hobby aint wat it used to be, too many fly by nighters and try hards hahaha but still some good solid blokes out there.

Yeah i Keep to myself these days, have a cpl of mates in melbourne i send some stuff too,,,,,

and wat u been up too?

the chickens have gone matey, and yeah been with Bunnings for bout 6 years now, i have actually juss stepped out of my management position to relax alittle and enjoy life so all good this way.

definately will have to catch up for a chat..... Kevin sent me some nice bocourti awhile back,,,,,,

anyways u take it easy and talk soon,,,,

my mobby is 0406-007-646....

cya matey :thumbup::roll

Cthompson

Never in me 100000000000000000 years have i checked ph and prolly wont do it for the next 1000000000000000000000000 years, i have a few tricks up me old dudE sleeves :)

tank is beautiful aint it, :)

By the sounds of it, I'm not quite in your vintage yet Ray- but am approaching fast.

What your water is like from the tap in QLD I can't say, but the reason for my comment re pH & KH is that Sydney water has zero KH (though is alkaline). It hasn't always been so, and without knowledge of this, us who keep Africans may come into strife now, when before we wouldn't.

As you will know, having a coral/limestone sand substrate will go a long way to achieving constant hight pH.

However, for example my 2000 litre tank where I have limestone sand in the sump, and use KH generator, my KH dropped below 200ppm (180 from memory). I have since increased my KH addition to what in the past was adequate, and have fixed the issue.

What are the other methods/"tricks" that you use please, if you don’t mind explaining.

me water up here matey is good enuff to drink, and the fish occassionally like to go for a swim,,,,, but not straight afte rthey eaten,,,,,,,,,

my tricks are many and varied, as i have been keepin fush since i was a weeeeeeeeee little twinkle in me daddy's pants,,,,,,,

normally i add alittle blend 43 to the tanks in the morning to kick start em somewhat, and or a nice smooth cuban mix, and if all else fails i juss white crane em all for months to colour em up,,,,, then sell em all as males :)

juss jokes,i hope you know :)

im such a funny little fella!!!!!!!!!!!!

me water up here matey is good enuff to drink, and the fish occassionally like to go for a swim,,,,, but not straight afte rthey eaten,,,,,,,,,

my tricks are many and varied, as i have been keepin fush since i was a weeeeeeeeee little twinkle in me daddy's pants,,,,,,,

normally i add alittle blend 43 to the tanks in the morning to kick start em somewhat, and or a nice smooth cuban mix, and if all else fails i juss white crane em all for months to colour em up,,,,, then sell em all as males :)

juss jokes,i hope you know :)

im such a funny little fella!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soo....ya chuck em in and hope :yes:

nah to be truthful, i have 3 diff systems upstairs, and 4 systems downstairs, and they are all running diff sumps etc, peat used in some, some homemade blends used in others to keep me H2O xactly where i likes it for me fishies,,,,,, i juss like to dribble lots of craPe, and have a good time.

so all in all, i dont put too much effort in except for regular and stable maintenance :) and me fish love me for it,,,,,,,,,,,

everyone thinks its funny when i go away cause i label little containers for each sump, and little containers for each tank food etc, peeps thinks i am weird

baaahahahahahahaha (dates and weights) hahahahahaaha

Archived