Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Nice pics guys, and good to see some pics of your colony Jon. They're lookin' good mate, also looks like you have thousands in there.

Question for ya, how have you found your backing as far as algae is concerned? Has Algae grown all over it or is it still showing the nice rock colours? From the pics it looks still to be as new.

Any full tank pics for us Jon?

Thanks,

Jamie.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 25 in there, I think... It's so hard to keep track of numbers with the way they continuously move around!

The background is still looking good, the algae grow is kept to a minimum so far. You can see the background is clear of algae in most of the pics above.

I'll try to remember to get some full tank shots tonight for you.

:( sorry will work it out soon as for the rest of you guys

keep sending those pics :thumb

Mate, just go to www.imageshack.us and browse for your file and upload it. Then you just cut the hotlink for forums bit and paste it into your post. It's very easy once you do it once.

Cheers

Shane

Unfortunately i only have 2 male and female they bred for me once how lucky am i .

Supprised me cause these guys usually kill each other unless in large colonies And when she was off her food :shock: What ? No way She had mouthfull :lol1:

She does get harrased a bit but they seem to have all there scales and fins intact :thumbup:

He wants to breed with her every sec he gets a chance :hug: .

I would like to add to the colony if someone out there has some .

Plants are not real but look quite realistic.

They share the tank with eight 7 bar fronnies & a colony of electric yellows

They all seem to get along fine in the 5*3*2.5 tank plenty room

Moliro's aren't that exotic, I know there are quite a few people breeding them out there, but not many are on this forum. I agree, more would be preferable, maybe you could pick up some fry about ~3-5cm from someone. They should be okay in that big tank if they have plenty of hiding spots.

Any full tank pics for us Jon?

Well it too a while, but I finally remembered to get a full tank shot in and then took a few more days to remember to post the pic!

IPB Image

Here are some more I managed to grab:

IPB Image

IPB Image

And the left side master, or the best I could get of him!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Guest parallel

Bigtank,

You can get some off AquaMart at Blacktown. Couple weeks ago they have plenty juvies for sale and from memory they were selling $100 for 4 or 5 which is quite reaosnable considering you are buying it from a LFS.

Cheers

Parallel

Thanks Jamie, I'm quite happy with the way it has turned out. The flash blows things out a little, but without it the fish just become a blur. In all honesty, it looks much better in person that in the photos, I just can't manage to capture things and do them justice.

It's been running for almost 12 months now, about this time last year I was kicking myself about the carelessness with putting the background into the tank. The scratch is obviously still there, but I think I've grown used to it so it's not as noticable as it first was.

I thought I'd keep the thread alive with some shots of our Ndole Red males sharing the love! I knew those big lips had to come in handy somehow!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers

Shane

damn luke k they are stunners!!! if only we had fish that good here in lil old adelaide!

hopefully u will have fry filling up all your other tanks!

Jamie

Archived