Post your Tropheus Pics Here! - d/l warning!

MoliroMan

Thanks JD and Dave :) Think that is all I'm allowed to say :lol3: Let me know when you guys are bored with the same fish being photographed over an over again. When I'm in QLD next week, I'll try and take some pics of different Ts., hope you guys see this before it gets deleted :lol4: (Just giving you craPs Baz :p )

One of my Dom ilangi males chasing two Petros, one looks really uncomfortable :lol2:

IPB Image

Cheers,

Waruna

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys -

This is a photography thread. Please post relevant information in the correct forums.

Discussion of Tropheus keeping should go into the Technical or General forums (depending on whether the topical is technical or not). This forum is the right place to post pictures :).

I'm more than happy to field questions about the ACE policy re: subforums (of any kind). Feel free to email me (webmaster@sydneycichlid.com) or PM me and I'll get back to you asap.

The plan is to split old discussions out of this thread and put them where they belong (general, technical or FAQ).

Cheers,

Dave.

The plan is to split old discussions out of this thread and put them where they belong (general, technical or FAQ).

Is it finished yet?

Nope threads not finished yet.

This is my first addition to it.

of course I only keep Moliro. and the pics are a bit blurry.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I like this pic: :)

IPB Image

the pics did look a bit better before i downsized the quality also

hope you all like em.

cheers

Karl.

not finished by a long shot! :thumbup:

heres a few pics of my juvie moliros :8 so far there are 15 in my 3ft tank with a pair of speciosus a few black calvus and a pair of gobies. they are about 3-7cm and from 3 different sources. when i get mt 6fter set up they will go in there as part of a tang display tank..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hi all,

I have been umming and ahhing about what my final colony for my fish room was going to be. So I have decided to take the plunge. Over the last 2 mega auctions I have purchased a couple of these guys to see if I could make it happen (sort of like sacrifical ensigns :lol3: ). So here is a piccie taken by Mike (Skippy) on the weekend you will have to mind the glass it was disgusting.

IPB Image

I have enjoys the past couple of months of keeping these little guys so I have some (20) on the way in a month or so. It could be the beginning of the end :lol4:

cheers

rosco

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of pics I took recently:

One of dom males trying to freak me out, ilangi.

IPB Image

ilangi

IPB Image

My biggest Petro, now almost as big as my smallest ilangi

IPB Image

Cheers,

Waruna :)

Hi Aline, thanks for the kind words, made my day :) Any more pics from your daughter?

G'day Ben, why don't you get some mate? I think they are the most beautiful Ts. around. I've got two females holding now, one female has been holding for two weeks, end of next week I'm going to strip her.

I don’t know if you keep Ts.? They are very easy to keep; the most important thing is to give them enough room to stay/swim together like a colony. In the wild that is how they live/behave. I have seen lot of tanks with lot of rocks and no room to for them to hang around together, too many boundaries for them to fight over, complete opposite thing to do. I think those tanks have much more dramas than a tank with a few rocks/boundaries and lots of swimming room.

This just my opinion, I have never seen a lot of aggression with Ts. My Malawi used to cause havoc and these guys are like Buddhist monks compared to them.

Cheers,

Waruna :)

Archived