Stolen Auburn Aquarium Delivery Van

@nthony

Hi All,

Just a small request.

To all of those who dont know the Auburn Aquarium Toyota Hiace Van (QLD Rego 910- IGJ) was stolen from my home at Granville a month or so back. cryblow.gif To those unfamilar with the van it is airbrushed all over in an underwater coral reef & marine fish motif (including nemo) and is covered in vinyl logos and signwriting.

We originally expected to recover the vehicle as it quite obviously stands out, but after a few weeks the writing was on the wall until today. I recieved a phone call from a customer today who asked us if our van was meant to be parked at Liverpool train station as they saw it there yesterday (Tues) afternoon. I drove around the station tonight with no sucess and have adviced Liverpool police of the sighting but it is not there now. This means the mongrel who stole the van is still driving it around without a care in the world. Could everyone in this area of Sydney please keep an eye out for the van. If sighted please do not approach but either call your local police quoting the rego or call Auburn Aquarium 9648 5200

Thankyou in advance for any help or assistance

Anthony

Auburn Aquarium

(Mods feel free to move if you feel this is in the wrong place, Just thought it would get a greater audience here)

Sorry to hear it Anthony sad.gif

With a bit of luck forum members who see the van now will report it instead of waving at it and saying "Hi Anthony" LOL.gif

Good luck in finding the creep/s who stole it.

Good News

I recieved a phone call from Liverpool police early this morning advicing that the vehichle had been located in a locked council carpark. All seems in order other than a missing stereo. Unforunatley no word on the theif. It would appear that it maybe was dumped after all and just didn't see it as it was parked at the bottom of the carpark out of sight from the road. Thanks for your concern and please don't drive me off the road next time you see me driving by.

@nthony

and please don't drive me off the road next time you see me driving by.

hysterical.gif

Good news. Glad you got it back thumb.gif

Yeah good to hear mate. Our bloody car has been stolen twice now in a year. It is etremley annoying. Benno

"With a bit of luck forum members who see the van now will report it instead of waving at it and saying "Hi Anthony" "

Guilty as charged, saw it about a week or 2 ago, on the Cumberland Highway while going to Merrylands with my brother. If I had known 2 weeks ago blink.gif:

Glad to hear you found it. What a nuisance.

Its the first time I've seen this post, but to come to think about it, I remember driving home via Warwick Farm Race course a couple of times and often seen a van parked there much to your description along the hwy usually always opposite the grand stand hotel.

Anthony you might have lost a stereo, but think of the exposure your store was given as the thief drove your van around like a billboard-on-wheels for you LOL.gif

Yea, only cost $50 to replace, and he would have paid his own fuel to do it.

Actually I know this guy who just 'found' a stereo that would be perfect for that van he reckons... woot.gif

PUT ALARM that normally helps you get rid of this problem!

Consider also getting GPS locator as well so that if it does get stolen, security can track it down using satellite.

Its a tad expensive and you need to pay few hundred a year for the service, but you can get a bit of discount from insurance company by using this sort of security device smile.gif

Do what Gianniz said, or for a cheaper option, post up here straight away if it happens again. Sounds like you would have had the van back much sooner if people had known straight away to look out for it wink2.gif

Or the cheaper more practical option, get a kill switch (toggle-type) fitted under the dash for $50 by an auto electrician.

When you park-up just reach under the dash to flick the hidden switch and it'll kill all electrics to the motor.

Won't stop all thieves but if someone is stupid enough to drive around in a stolen van for two weeks, he's not smart enough to find a switch under the dash.

Archived