Off topic pics II

Willy Wombat

This is a link to the first series of OT photos There are plenty of great shots from forum members in this first series, so if you like what you see here, check out the original.

OK - due to popular (and unpopular demand) i am going to start a new off topic thread for people's favourite non-fishy shots.

Please share something with us all

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Look forward to your submissions. I also hope to see a few new faces post something!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish you would not made this thread and just left the other one for posting pics, now all those other pics will be lost somewhere in the forum..

And people will delete them from their webspace and pull them down cause no one is veiwing them, then when someone finds the thread in a month or 2 there will be no pics in there.. mad.gif

Cichlids. I am not on broadband..

I am on dial up like most users here..

Once the webpage is cached on your system your only downloading the new pics anyway..

I just dont see the point of having 2 threads thats all..

rolleyes.gifblink.gifLOL.gifohmy.gif

Anybody who thinks this thread is saving download time is kidding themselves. Honestly, I don't mean to offend, but OK, that thread is a few pages long, but you only load one page at a time, and if your PC is caching properly, that shouldn't take long unless there is new pictures. Each individual page on this thread is going to end up being just as large for everybody downloading as each individual page in "Part I". It absolutely defies logic IMHO.

Hi Novafishy - they arent shells, but these puffy little balls of brown algae. They are very soft. I took that photo a few weeks ago at Murrays beach in Jervis Bay - just after a storm.

As far at the discussion goes on me starting a new OT thread - well those other shots in the first series were very good - but this will encourage people to share other pics, perhaps to even get out there and take some photos to share with their friends on ACE.

I'll tell you what i will do - i will put a link into the first post to the other thread so it can always be found easily. thumb.gif It was getting a little bit too big (and im on broadband).

Cheers

Steve

Steve, it is not that I protest against the starting of the new thread, but I just cant grasp the logic behind it, as the way I understand it, a page of pictures in thread 2 will take just as long to load as a page in thread 1. (Except this page which is just me whingeing and no pictures being loaded woot.gif

Anyway, to show I care, I will go find some pics to throw up thumb.gif in the next 10 minutes.

Thanks Ducksta - i will have to stop by your house one day to help you empty that fridge!

Hopefully one day this thread will be as big and cool as the last one. tongue.gif

Damn, that cat doesn't look happy LOL.gif

She really didn't mind at all, until Billy, one of the Cockatiels, decided to start fighting with the other cockatiels,

then he started biting the cat's ear, LOL, that's when it all fell apart.

She looks a bit happier in this pic....

Jess and 'Tiels

I think it's because Billy hadn't arrived on her yet unsure.gif

Cheers.

Andy.

Cheers Willy !

You've got no idea how jealous i was at the time...... my biggest so far is 9lb dry.gif

Here's me with my cunning rig, perfectly presented bait, sitting there with my eyes rivetted on the line watching for the slightest sign of a twitch.....

Then there's Mum, sitting in her chair reading a book, line in the water, not being watched, and all of a sudden the drag on her reel starts screeeaaaming it's head off, and she nearly fell out of her chair, Dad and i both shouting "Keep him out of the snag! Keep him out of the snag !" laugh.gif

Well... i think of it this way.... i doubt she could've landed it herself, so she only got it because of my beautifully placed gaff shot wink.gif

I still have no idea how she got it in on 4lb line blink.gif I've had littler ones than that bust me off on 6lb.

Ok, so you like that tiddler, huh ? what about......

This Mother

We found it, dead, while fishing one time huh.gif We took it home to weigh it. My tackle box scales only go up to 30lb.

It weighed exactly 40lb.

You can tell my smile in that photo is a little forced.

It was rather heavy, smelly, and slippery.

Go get that tackle ready !

Cheers.

Andy.

LOL.gif Great pics Andy. Never been carp fishing. Looks like fun though. Sure you didn't go the fish markets for that one? Too embarrassed to show my fishing photos. Sometimes the catch is smaller than the lure LOL.gif

Cheers

Paul

Yep, both from Nepean.

Although we only caught one, found the other wink.gif

I can't tell you the exact spots though, of course, as they're secret. wink.giflaugh.gif

You'll find many big mothers in the Hawkesbury/Neapen, you've just gotta know how to catch 'em. wink.gif

Too embarrassed to show my fishing photos.  Sometimes the catch is smaller than the lure  LOL.gif

Yeah, i know how that is.

I'm still not very accomplished Lure-fishing-wise. Except for that gorgeous 60cm 3kg (est.) Flattie i got.........

Seeing as there's been so much interest, i can set up a page of my fishing pics if anyone would wanna see 'em ?

Andy.

You'll find many big mothers in the Hawkesbury/Neapen

Yep. We regularly walk over that bridge near the caravan park doing inspections, and quite often we spot big schools of fish about the size of the one in your photo.

Without giving away the exact spot (top secret of course), is it somewhere near the bridge? It's hard to tell from the scenery, but it looks similar.

Archived