Off topic pics II

Willy Wombat

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow.. The pics deterioate alot when putting them onto the site..

If anyone wants better quality just post your email address..  ohmy.gif

hey lepper, when i saved then put it on my desktop (hope you don't mind!!) it looked a lot sharper than on the forum.

absolutely awesome shots man!

thumb.gif Yeah I think when the shots are put onto the forum they lose quality alot..

I have no problem with people downloading my photos aslong as their not used without my permission of course. thumb.gif

Reddevilman: got anymore shots of you son riding that bike.. Especially shots when airborne. thumb.gif

Once again the quality of these shots have suffered from being put on the forum, if you save them they should come up alot sharper or I have full sized pics available about 1.4-2mb in size though.. rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Hoges..

I recognise the 1st pic, is it atop Barrenjoey lighthouse looking out over goosford way?

The 2nd one is that Manly down past the ferry wharves?

3rd one is that in the blue mountains ?

I have no Idea where the sunset was taking but nice shot to say the least.. thumb.gif

I actually can't for the life of me remember where the first shot was taken, that's why I didn't post titles.

We have had some friends from America here, so we have been everywhere lately.

The 2nd picture is Manly harbour, the 3rd the 3 sisters and the 4th is taken out on pittwater, on our boat, of the sunset just as it had started to rain. They looked far better before i resized them, but oh well, I haven't posted any non fishy phots before!

blush.gif

Some pics from a 2 night trip on a friend's property out near Oberon, NSW.

Oberon Pics

At the time of posting, the pics aren't loading, although they were while i was coding the pages, so i'll post this anway in the hope that the host will get it's act together by tomorrow. unsure.gif

You may get the idea from a couple of pics that i have a bit of a taste for the macabre... and you'd be right laugh.gif

I have a skull collection to which the subject of one of the pics has been proudly added rolleyes.gif (I'm sure that statement will get people looking at them laugh.gif )

Enjoy.

Andy

DM

Here's a nice pic i took today that i forgot to add.

Coming together to aid those in need.

A Russian made, although operated by a Latvian airline called "Inversija" Ilyushin Il-76 (left) and a US Airforce Mcdonnell Douglas KC-10 Extender, parked side by side at the RAAF base at Richmond, NSW.

The Ilyushin took off a half hour after this, but unfortunatley i was too busy bird-watching behind the RAAF base to get a video laugh.gif

I did, however manage to video a different one which had a short refuelling stop, and picked up some stuff for tsunami aid, at Richmond about a week ago. But it was a night-time takeoff and all you can see are lights heading towards you down the runway, and then an awesome roar laugh.gif

user posted image

Hope the aircraft buffs on the forum (if there are any apart from AUS-HAWK) enjoy this rarity !

Cheers,

Andy

DM

Here's an o/topic pic.

This is Dipodium punctatum - an interesting orchid. It is interesting in that it does not photosynthesise wink.gif - it gets all its carbon from a fungus (which the plant is parasitic on!).

user posted image

Lace Monitor in the back yard the other day.

user posted image

user posted image

Yew Dipodium punctatum is a form of terrestrial orchid, i.e. grows totally underground until it is ready to flower. It will only grow in the fungus that is found in eucalyptus mulch.

Gerard

Experimenting with taking shots of Luna with 10x optical zoom...

Here is a textbook example of "Purple Fringing" which plagues compact digitals with big zoom when taking pics of subjects with high contrast at high zoom.

user posted image

But with a bit of fiddling with exposure, aperture, etc, i got this.....

user posted image

And then a less detailed, but sill cool, longer exposure shot to get the cloud movement.

user posted image

Enjoy.

Andy

DM

Archived