Fish room rebuild

Josh

Hi All.

I know I have been talking about it for a while, but the time has come the tanks are arriving. I had a fish room a few years ago now and sold it off to move interstate. The move didn't happen, but the room got sold, now I have had the chance to get it back and I have!

1st load of tank and racks turned up today, Two rack holding 3, 48x18x18 tanks, sidedrop filters and sliding lids.

IMAG0217.jpg?t=1341136491

During the week I am picking up the 6 foot rack and a few other bits and pieces.

I can post up some old pics of the room as it was set-up if anyone wants to see them.

This time I will adding a water change system, UPS battery back up and duel air systems. I also have 6 36x1818 tanks 9 18inch cubes to finish the room off.

Stay tuned for more pics to come.

Josh

Great to see that it is starting to take shape.

We all say that if we had the opportunity to redo a fish room we would do things differently. Now you have that opportunity. The water change system, UPS battery back up and duel air systems will make things a lot easier.

Welcome back Cotter, I mean Josh :spaz: .Good to see you getting back into again Josh. I am beginning to think fish keeping is like the "Hotel California", "you can check out but you can never leave" ;):lol3: ..

cheers

rosco

• 2 weeks later...

Photo update.

Four foot rack

IMAG0258.jpg

Six foot rack and second four foot rack

IMAG0260.jpg

The air plumbing is finished, rack lights installed and the racks are all leveled. Tanks should be going in over the weekend.

Then I need to start on the water change system

I know what you mean Rosco. It is an addiction!

No Sumps. All tanks will have air driven filters of some sort. All these shown will be side drop filters and the rack that hasn't been built yet will be sponge filters. I have a few excess canister filters that I will add to tanks if needed for additional filtration.

looking good josh I wish I had the time to complete mine. I am close but just need to fork out some some more plumbing stuff and 2 water pumps, then there is the time I need. I really need to replace my wooden stand with metal ones. what are the specs of the stands? I have one double 4x18x18 rack and one double 3x18x18 rack that I would like to replace.

cheers

rosco

Gal steel tube 40x40x2mm. The six foot rack has about 4mm of deflection in the center of the stand, which is nothing really.

6 tanks up and running. Now I can start on the water change system.

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

The hi-blow 40 wont be big enough, I am going to have to rebuild the 80!

ATM I am thinking Tropheus, Apisto's, some Peacocks, some riverine cichlids and a few different Mbuna. Demasoni is one of them and then I have few spare tanks for when something odd comes up.

ATM its only maswa, red rainbows, some Demasoni and some Pelvachromis. I did have a colony of Msobo but I cooked them a month ago. I also have two Black Calves that are supposed to be a pair but I think it might be two boys.

I am.adding some more dubs and some peacocks when they come available.

• 1 month later...

Power problems sorted, never need to worry about the power going off now. With this system I should be able to run my central air pump to all my tanks for 85 hours.

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

Archived