My Texas Looks Really Sick Need Help

superbad0417

hey guys i have a green texas about 20 cm in size and i have just noticed this morning that around his mouth has faded in colour and looks pretty sore, what should i do ??

Please excuse my dirty tank just finished doing a w c ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Is this the tank the convicts spawned in?

I reckon there could be some serious lip locking going on.

Bit of salt in the water is best IMO for a bit of flesh damage. However, you need to make sure all the inhabitants will cope with it ok before you treat the tank. Most cichlids will be fine with it though.

yeah ducksta this is the same tank, i haven't noticed any lip locking happening and i know that the texas is a really calm fish, although i have also noticed my convicts have become alot more aggressive/protective now they have spawned. Would the lip locking cause his mouth and area around his eyes etc to go off colour.

get some epsom salt and melafix or pimafix

Get him in the hospitalizeed tank

All the best, hope he can make it. :thumb

I lost 2 of my big male couple year ago with the same condition. :cryblow:

Yes, lip locking will cause damage to whole front of the face. ie. basically any place the other fish hits/scrapes with teeth while fighting.

If your tank is not big enough, it may not be the last of the damage you see from the protective parents.

what you mean CThompson ??

Don't worry superbad.

He is referring to another post and having a joke with me.

There is no aim or intent aimed at you.

Thanks Craig.

I needed a boost of confidence

Come on Dave head up !!!!!! Even Craig's sticking to you now and rolling on the floor.That bloody Norm.

Hey superbad what size tank, if its a 4fter the convicts can spawn and have room for the Texas, but in a small tank they will defend the spawning site and deal with any fish that dears go near. As photo shows liplocking has been the cause of the Texas's mouth sore's.If you dont have room to move the Texas make sure you set the spawning site to one end of the tank.

Archived