daci

hi folks,

my Tangs display tank

- 6 x 2.5 x 2.5

- running on sump

stocking:

frontosa (mainly) and leleupi

- full tank shoot coming!

All comments will be taken on board with thanks (good or bad pls shoot at me)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Love the colour of those lelupi, never seen the orange variant in person. Are there many around? are they easy to source?

Thank you for all your kind comments so far folks and i do hope for some negative some pointers!

Citypainter, thanks mate...and yeah you can 'achieve that' after a few hundred shoots! after all the films are free so why not? :)

Fullycichlid, i have been trying to get the full tank shots but could not find a decent one to show...all very clusters/messy in and out side my tank :(! might have to invite some fairies to do a bit of dusting then start again!

Scotty81, thanks for liking my pics! you like me fush too? :)

2os4sds, thanks bud...been washing a fair bit of dishes to earn points for the DSLR so it was the camera for the pics and not me :)

Ant, Hey....thanks for 'you like my fush' hehehe! I must admit these leleupi are hot! I have been breeding leleupi for sometimes and these have to be the best I've seen! The normal Leleupi from Bay wholesale was something like 4 bucks a fish but these cost me a bomb...$35 ea if my memory serve me right, either that or i have been ripped off :)

and...yeah they are over your neck of the wood so i am sure someone here will know!

Thank you for all your kind comments so far folks and i do hope for some negative some pointers!

Citypainter, thanks mate...and yeah you can 'achieve that' after a few hundred shoots! after all the films are free so why not? :)

Fullycichlid, i have been trying to get the full tank shots but could not find a decent one to show...all very clusters/messy in and out side my tank :(! might have to invite some fairies to do a bit of dusting then start again!

Scotty81, thanks for liking my pics! you like me fush too? :)

2os4sds, thanks bud...been washing a fair bit of dishes to earn points for the DSLR so it was the camera for the pics and not me :)

Ant, Hey....thanks for 'you like my fush' hehehe! I must admit these leleupi are hot! I have been breeding leleupi for sometimes and these have to be the best I've seen! The normal Leleupi from Bay wholesale was something like 4 bucks a fish but these cost me a bomb...$35 ea if my memory serve me right, either that or i have been ripped off :)

and...yeah they are over your neck of the wood so i am sure someone here will know!

Yes the fish look great!!

Yes Kasm

N. leleupi leleupi = yellow varient

N. leleupi longior = orange varient

they are around but you will pay more for imports than local bred

use food high in beta carotene to maintain the colour

Chris

oki doki

my first attempt for a full tank shot :lol4: , I could not move a furniture in front of the tank hence we'll try an angle shot and see how it goes!

i have also added some past photos of the fronties when the were young!

Thanks Chris for the information, I have had my doubt with the colour of the leleupi when they first arrived couple of months ago. I thought the colour was fantastic and also they might have been juice up! To my surprise the colour held and i have been feeding them with NLS and got a few batch of fries so far.

Hi SydneyMike, I do believe that providing good diet will almost certainly bring the best out of your fish! But juicing isn't the way to go!

IPB Image

Some older pics of young fronties:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

thanks Joel, glad you like my pics and the leleupi!

Hi kris trico, i have to say the colour on the leleupi are quite intense...As far as 'bread and butter fish' for LFS go, i think leuleupi should replace Electric Yellow on their buying list!

thanks Priscacara, i am glad you like my fishes! I am thinking of add another variant to the tank to take care of the top part of the water...leptos are noice, what you reckon?

Maybe the terracotta flower pots motivate this comment, but 'm still gonna hate myself... but a few Roman columns and maybe a giant ship wreck would look really in theme somehow.

I really like the light you got in the whole tank shot.

Fishmonger Mike

very nice healthy fish looks like a 50/50 sex ratio with the Kigoma

well conditioned :thumb

Sydneymike

they are 3 different species of leleupi

there is also N. leleupi melas which is a dirty brown colour

good food should make the leleupi leleupi colour to a bright yellow

and the leleupi longior to a golden orange

with yellow - orange and red fish beta carotene and astaxanthin

are additives to maintain and intensify this, marigold is also used

for this purpose

carotenoids are sourced from algae & crustaceans mainly

:lol3: Craig maybe some lions on the columns ;)

Chris

thanks CThompson, aquascaping is not me cup of tea as you can see! i have tried many different way and remember one time having two of thse 'great wall of china thingy' to the tank to pls the kids :). The reason for this current set up came about is to ensure the frontosas to breed properly. You see, i have had one big girl hold more than 5 times but the longest she ever hold was a week :(. Few friends have told me to decrease the flow rate in the tank and have large pots so the male can hold his milt in place! I wonder what they meant but lets hope it will work out since there are 2 young female currently hold!

Link2Hell, thanks for that info...i rescued the frontosas from a 'cruel' existence from the previous owner! I went to his house one day and saw a big fronty dead dry on the floor, I think it must have battled with the big arrowana housed in the same tank and lost. Some of the left over fishes have had cloudy eyes, the water was stink! I brought them home and subsequently purchased a couple of larger males to keep the girls happy and a few younger fish to live up the tank! What ratio is good for frontosas, is 50/50 ok or is it too crowded with males?

To date some of the big girl have hold but no cigar but let's hope one day it will happen as there were fries came out of this batch from the previous owner!

Hi Mike

so long as each male has a cave then they are happy

and I never had any real drama's with them fighting just

a bit of lip locking and posturing

there are a lot of theories regarding water flow and caves for

Frontosa so the males milt fertilizes the eggs and isn't flushed

away, don't despair about them spawning as Kigoma's mature later

than Burundi's and go through the process a few times before

getting it all together

they are a credit to you getting them up to look as good as they do

A friend found that he had better spawn sizes and more frequent

spawns when feeding his Frontosa homemade marinara mix

compared to commercial foods

Chris

Link2Hell, marinara mix...ummmm sound yum yum! i did make something like this before using one of the recipe on cichlidforum (no exactly sure been a while) and I DID MADE A MESS OUT OF EVERYTHING!

Anyone know recipe that doesn't cloud/mess-up the water so much that they could share?

thanks dobbin4, thanks mate...don't get jealous GET EVEN mate :)

Archived