My new tank scape

superbad0417

I think the background is a personal opinion kinda thing. what you like you should use! I always loved the painted black look but I don't think that would work with your rocks. Great looking setup btw, scaping is one of my fav past times.

If youe to change the background often. Just paint some cardboard and stick it on.

You can change it when ever you like pretty easily that way.

Black looks good, I painted a wall behind my tank mission brown and that really suits my tank.

what do you mean stable ?? the rocks :confused:

I had those rocks in previous aquarium, very cost effective and they look good. From time to time though, the rock formation would shift quite considerably with the fish digging up the gravel near or under the rocks. Potential danger for the fish and the glass I guess with the middle section stacked quite high. At the end of the day, your the one looking at it day after day so provided your happy then enjoy it :)

all the rocks have spots of aquarium safe silicon on them which isn't really noticeable so im hoping they won't shift or fall through the front ..... do you guys think i could add a few more rock formations to it or do you think it will look to full ???

for a background have a look at contact in plain colours

just make sure you get the air bubbles out (some soapy water

and a squeegee)

I'd be keeping an eye on the Convicts as I feel the crap will

hit the fan if they spawn

rocks look good but maybe a pile at each end might work better

to divide territories ......... aquascaping is a personal thing :p

so long as you like it :thumb

Chris

For me, I wouldnt add any more formations just yet as there is plenty of spots for them to claim or hide in. As Link2hell suggested maybe a pile at each end rather than 1 in the middle. I've had both styles in my ar 980 and both looked good, the 2 piles at each end left room in the middle for viewing when they were feeding.

Archived