Mixed cichlid tank

Chris.K

Couldn't be more different to a pure maulana, I'm sorry. A. maulana is part of the same group of peacocks, but has many points of difference to the pictured fish.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct Andrew, Just google the fish. :confused: So differant.

I'd say your L mbamba's are locking jaws more than once a week mate. You just dont get the mouth showing that colour without it happening with a daily tussel.

So how did you get 4 out of 5 maingano being males? Your right thats what would happen not to think of the female.

I'd say thats Norm alright but never had a problem with the guy myself, but each to their own.Think he's had the shop for 20+ years. So must have done something right.

I'd say your L mbamba's are locking jaws more than once a week mate. You just dont get the mouth showing that colour without it happening with a daily tussel.

their mouthes arent near as torn up now. those were the first photos i ever took of them and thats when they were hammer and tong. here is a more recent shot.

IPB Image

this week his mouth is totally blue. i actually thought that was due to the rocks !! my dumb buM didnt realise it was from locking mouths ! lol thanks for that tip on what to look out for. :thumb

So how did you get 4 out of 5 maingano being males?

just bad luck. hard to tell the sex when they are this small. colour at the lfs was quite different and then when i got them home they went dark and coloured up. the males seem to be darker than females but like i said this small they all look really similar.

frenz, have made some enquiries with majestic about 2 of the species of victorians i wanted and they are chasing it up at the moment. the 2 i want are:

Haplochromis Ruby Green

Pundamilia nyererei (Ruti Is.)

if i have any luck i will let you know. or if you want to order some with me let me know aswell. am also ordering some yellow alto comps. i note you have a pic of one as your avatar, do you have them ? they look like very cool fish.

Hi Chris

I recently got a colony of Pundamilia nyererei. Not sure which variant though. Got 'em 3 weeks ago. Been a lot of activity the last few nights and I noticed at feeding time tonight there is a female with a great gobful of eggs :)

Here's the male on the day I got him. He's much brighter now especially as it's breeding time in the tank

IPB Image

Not sure if the H. Ruby Greens have ever been imported to Aus either but if you can get the genuine article I definitely go in on them with you

Andrew?

Anyone?

Archived