Heater

pride

I think it is time to replace my heaters since all are pushing close to 7 to 10 years with some showing alot of moisture building up inside.

What are the brands considered the better type heaters these days?

The ones I have been using which have lasted this long are Tronic and a couple of cheapies which I can't see a brand on them...just remember them being around $12 bucks each around 7 years ago...

yeh i got a jager 300w there very big but do alot of water, then i also got a bunch of cheapies running just incase.

on a big tank running 2 would be best just to stop them running non stop.

I still rate Jager/Eheims over any other heater on the market. Considering I can heat my 1100ltr tank with two 300w Jager heaters, if I did this with any other 300w heater I would need at least 4 of them to do the same job as my two Jagers.

I remember all the issues people were having with the jagers which has been branded into my brain. My concern is the power of these sticking on and boiling my fish and may be better to run two smaller ones per tank..

I remember all the issues people were having with the jagers which has been branded into my brain. My concern is the power of these sticking on and boiling my fish and may be better to run two smaller ones per tank..

dont let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch. ive never had a problem with jager personally, but in saying that every heater's a gamble; a tronic heater cooked my very first fish many moons ago, but since then ive used them here and there and theyve been fine. i like jager for the volume of water they heat, which is handy come power bill time.

Archived