Little planted display tank

Cuong

Hey,

I recently set up this little tank for my girlfriend to initiate her into the world of fish. I still do most of the waterchanges but it's great seeing her fuss and care for her fish.

Anyways, back to the tank.

After ordering the tank I removed the standard 24W PC bulb and retrofitted with 2x 36W PC lights. Then about 1-2L of matrix was added to the filtration compartment along with some coarse sponges and ceramic noodles. The substrate is ADA Aquasoil 'Amazonia' with a light sprinkle of 1-2mm black sand at the front of the tank. The plants were chosen mainly for their hardiness and I also made sure the size of the leaves complimented the tank size. I originally planned to have a DIY CO2 setup but it was just easier to dose with Flourish Excel and the plant seemed to be doing well with it. Plus I didn't know how to fertilise the tank properly yet (Fe etc). The fish were chosen by her but I did have to talk her out of a young giant gourami :lol3:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for taking a look :)

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

I'll try and take a few more pictures in the next couple of days.

The tanks are very nicely built and the compartments are very practical. The lights and filter media are lacking but this can be easily solved by adding your own bits. They are fairly cheap too compared to others out on the market who only have a few extras over the Orca.

I'm not too sure if she wants to add anymore plants and although it is easy to make a DIY CO2 bottle I don't think it's necessary for what we're trying to achieve. Maybe on a bigger more planted tank later on.

• 1 year later...

Hey, its an old thread i know, but...... i just wanted to know a few things.

I have one of these tanks and i just wanted to know what the fish are in this tank and whether they will grow out of it? especially that goldy/blue one.

thanks heaps

:)

Tim,

Although the tank is not mine i can help you with the questions you have asked. The fish shown in the pictures should not exceed 6cm at the most. The largest growing fish would appear to be the blue ram pictured (The bluey, gold coloured fish)

So no none of those fish will out grow the tank.

Hey, its an old thread i know, but...... i just wanted to know a few things.

I have one of these tanks and i just wanted to know what the fish are in this tank and whether they will grow out of it? especially that goldy/blue one.

thanks heaps

:)

totally amazing!!!

Archived