Photos of My Tanks & Fish

CThompson

The ONLY breeding interest I have seen with the RR are with RR and K1 with K1 and duboisi with duboisi. They have their squabbles, but I have never seen any breeding interest in the different Tropheus types other than with their own. I've got a good eye to spot that activity too, and they are all breeding.

Thanks for your interest.

My thanks to to ctaylor for the help with posting up the photos, it was very kind of you to offer and help.

Craig

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ONLY breeding interest I have seen with the RR are with RR and K1 with K1 and duboisi with duboisi. They have their squabbles, but I have never seen any breeding interest in the different Tropheus types other than with their own. I've got a good eye to spot that activity too, and they are all breeding.

Thanks for your interest.

My thanks to to ctaylor for the help with posting up the photos, it was very kind of you to offer and help.

Craig

Thanks Craig,

i have bembas with duboisi and was wondering if a 3rd variety (not another "black" sp) could be added if the tank was big enough

cheers Richard

I have read that people have had issues with crosses between moorii and Sp black.

I think a bigger tank can have a positive effect in reducing the possibility of crosses as fish are not as much in each others face. Remembering of course that even a 2000 litre tank is but a droplet compared to the lake.

I think what helps, coupled with a larger tank, is adequate choice for the females to accept and for the males to have a correct target. I feel that these two combinations go a long way to preventing crosses, but it can be such an intangible thing, perhaps there are other factors at play that as a species looking into the tank, we are unaware of?

Hope that helps,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

awesome tanks with some of most fav fish, really nice job, the cyps are juss awesome!

tropheus make me drool again, been along time since i kept them,,,,,,

look away now, must not be tempted lol

Archived