Time for some new Tropheus variants

Nigel

I would have to have the Lupota The photo in the link is tops thumb.gif. They are on the wanted list and then I think one of the OB varients ( am I the only one who likes them ?) and then just to mix it up Tropheus annectens (Halembe) Love the black with the blue eye and the finage looks awesome.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a pic i found of Ndole bay Red. Quite amazing, almost fluorescent red. Don't know if they have photoshopped the pic or not but luv to see some in person.

user posted image

Nigel...i heard that Tony Veall has some top quality Tropheus and has a good reputation. Can't wait to see what u can get in for us! Looks like we will have a Tropheus revival here in Oz in the near future !!! clap.gifthumbup.gif

Josh..had a colony of Lupota once. Not so flash so i sold them to a guy in Perth.

Jamie...u have to pm me any info. u may have on who will be getting in some Ndole. I would luv to make friends with this guy/gal and hope to see them soon!

Hey u guys have got me all pumped up with this thread.......i feel like ordering a few more tanks.

Dave my chaitika are in sydney,an old work relation, the owner isnt too interested in breeding them....the ilangi are looking good,need to invest in a new digital camera (hopefully soon).

Josh those chaitika u traced down in melbourne are Sharons (Shagsy) we both got them on the same import from Nigel.

Jamie i never kept Chimba i nearly did once (deal fell through) the reds i previously kept were Chipimbi, Moliro and Kasanga red rainbow, i dont have pics of these as they got deleted in my old system.

Come on Jim, u know u want to get a couple of 10 by 2 by 2 tanks for some rarer wildcaught Tropheus species! I am sure your workplace relation has some fry that he is not letting u know about. U must get a digital camera and take some pics of those beauties of yours. We can't keep showing off their offspring for u mate!!! thumbup.gif

Come on Jim, u know u want to get a couple of 10 by 2 by 2 tanks for some rarer wildcaught Tropheus species! I am sure your workplace relation has some fry that he is not letting u know about. U must get a digital camera and take some pics of those beauties of yours. We can't keep showing off their offspring for u mate!!!  thumbup.gif

LOL.gif mate i wish i still had the time i previously had and the 10x2's would be stacked high

Hey i get a huge buzz when u guys post pics of the T's and doing so well with them....no need for me to post pics tongue.gif

I'll go with you Andrea, those yellows are LUSH

Jim....u can just get everything automated so u won't need to spend much time with them. Automatic feeder, water changer and buffer/salt added!!!! We still want to see the FO Ilangi though!

Andrea...u had to pick the most difficult to obtain Tropheus didn't u?! LOL.gif However, i am sure Nigel could get them, but at a price! shock.gif

I'm keen to grab either of these two...

yellows

Ikola yellow morph

or these...

user posted image

Linangu yellow morph

Andrea smile.gif

Hi Andrea,

Nice choice with the yellow morph T's, i think Nigel can get them from germany

Will certainly be knocking on your door for some fry yes.gif

Josh, on a similar note to your Halembe pic, I found thispic of a T. brichardi Isonga. Same black fish and blue eyes but with a splash of yellow. mmmmm nice.

Can I just say that I am thoroughly enjoying this thread, nice kick off Dave thumb.gif.

Jim....u can just get everything automated so u won't need to spend much time with them. Automatic feeder, water changer and buffer/salt added!!!! We still want to see the FO Ilangi though!

Andrea...u had to pick the most difficult to obtain Tropheus didn't u?!  LOL.gif  However, i am sure Nigel could get them, but at a price! shock.gif

Dave your automated plan sounds good will have to look into it

Will try and get some ilangi pics up for u soon mate

Have to go get some shut eye.....goodnight guys

Andrea those yellow tropheus are a mutation of Kirisa there was a guy in Germany breeding them I will ask if he still breeds them. I tried to get interest in them a few years ago on the old scp forum. There is also golden moliro and golden kalambo.

I have imported linangu before I cant remember who I sold them to.

I will try to post Toby Veall's stock list I think its some thing like 50 locations.

I kept thinking Linangu were equivalent to Nkonde yellow but i guess i am wrong! It would be great to see Andrea have a colony of these!!

Golden Moliro shock.gifthumbup.gif !!! Nigel do u have any pics of these? Are they just a hybrid or genetic morph? How easy are they to obtain? I may have to get me some and change my name to Golden MoliroMan!!!! thumb.gif

Nigel...we would luv to see this list and if possible approx. cost of each variant! I would luv to be able to visit the breeding ponds of Tony Veall! By the way Nigel, i know u have kept and bred Tropheus even when many of us were still in diapers LOL.gif , why is it u haven't kept anymore? Is it not worth your while getting a few colonies of WC Tropheus and breeding F1 to distribute to LFS, etc.?

Nigel are Toby's fish tank breed or wild caught?

I kept thinking Linangu were equivalent to Nkonde yellow

I also thought the same in the beginning. dntknw.gif But they are a different fish.

Toby does have some breeding ponds on Kalambo Island but most of his stock is wild caught.

Here is the list. I dont if he has them all the time or its just his catching area.

Tropheus dubosi: halemba.

Tropheus: moba, mwerazi, zongwe, Kapampa, lunangwe, lupota, mvua, moliro, chipimbi, chimba,ndole, kachesa, nsumbu, nundo, chilanga, ilangi, linangu nangu, chatika, kaku, katoto kasakalawe, mutondwe, mibita, kalambo. golden kalambo, kasanga, muzi, molwe, mamalesa, kala, wampembe, hinde b, namansi, kisambala, ulwili, kipili, kapampa, korongwe, mpimbwe, kabwe, karema, ikola, kalya, sibwesa bulu point.

Can anyone tell me how to get drool out of my keyboard dntknw.gif

Nigel are you going to be able to get these direct from africa to us, or will they be coming through somewhere else?

Nigel...is Tony Veall your only source of Tropheus. I am sure u can get many more variants than this, is that correct? I am wondering how your quest for WC Golden Kazumba is going? Would be good if we had pics next to each variant so that we can choose our favourites! Do u have any idea of the quality of the Ndole Reds? Would seriously consider getting some if they look better than my Moliros!

I hope to get shipments direct from Zambia soon as well as Tanzania. I have suppliers for African cichlid in Germany the USA and Africa. So in theory I should be able to get what ever Tropheus there is.

is Tony Veall your only source of Tropheus.

Are you kidding, you want more already shock.gif I would have thought that that list would have kept us going for a little while yet LOL.gif

Looks like I have a bit of net surfing to do with all these new names to look up:lol1: , thanks Nigel

Can anyone tell me how to get drool out of my keyboard

I'm trying the vacuum cleaner, paper towelling just didnt cut it for me LOL.gif

Archived