Price tag on L168's

MikeWs Fish

Markus, now how do we prove that L46 is bred or wildcaught?

Note that Botia sidthimunki is on the IUCN red list as Critically Endangered... blush.gif and just added on to our allowable import list.

http://www.redlist.org/search/details.php?species=2953

In all honestly, u're more likely to find bred L46 in small numbers rather than wildcaught fish. ANY H.zebra has been painfully difficult to find this year and international prices have sky rocketed. Would have been the perfect time to let these in.... There just won't be much supply, and the prices would be prohibitive to most ppl anyway. tongue.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of us using this forum are rich people, we can afford anything cant we? laugh.gif

we all breed fish, so we dont even have to spend money, we only trade. haha

is there any site that tells us where we can find out information on how successful people have been trying to breed catfish?

the colours just dont look right in that pic Nigel, or is it my imagination, im a little disappointed though that i purchased a L168 only to find out that it now appears to be a L104

Thats the problem Sarah no one knows what the hell they have. We have been offered some from Asia I am waiting on a photo to see what they have.

I need a good photo of the true L168 so if any one has one can they post it on here. If they cant email it to me and I will post it.

In a fish beauty peagent, I say the real L168 win hands down.

Which is why I'm still so confused at the fact people seem to be happy that they got L104's by accident.....

It certainly can be discussed here, as long as the people giving the info are 100% accurate with the identification of the fish.

I'm pretty sure SLS has the genuine L168 for sure. I spoke to George and he sure knows his catties. I had a look at them with my own eyes too. Definitely L168, as they were much different to the L104s that I currently have.

Don't know of any other LFS which stock the real deal.

In a fish beauty peagent, I say the real L168 win hands down.

Which is why I'm still so confused at the fact people seem to be happy that they got L104's by accident.....

Maybe some kind of prestige that goes along with having a non-allowable import?

I don't understand these catfish geeks dntknw.gifLOL.gif

I'm pretty sure SLS has the genuine L168 for sure. I spoke to George and he sure knows his catties. I had a look at them with my own eyes too. Definitely L168, as they were much different to the L104s that I currently have.

Don't know of any other LFS which stock the real deal.

Had, past tense. All gone. sad.gif What a shame. There are a few L104s there.

The 18 L168's at SLS went early last week. They were well conditioned adults and the person who got them got some nice fish IMO.

As far as getting 168 & 104 confused, look at the body profiles. As Kev has stated, L168 is virtualy flat, where L104 has a much chunkier head.

Bretto.

Any one in Brisbane who has not already got their new "Clown Pleco" is in for a bit of a wait.

The 600 fish that came in are all sold. There may be an odd one or two still in retail shops but most of them have sold out as well. I think every one was surprised at the price... $30 to $35 in the LFS.....no wonder they sold so fast,,,even if they are L104.

Word through the grapevine is a lot of people who purchased the so called 168's (which in fact were 104's) have lost there fish.

There seems to be an issue, and something to do with diet, being that they are a wood eating fish, we dont have the correct wood types available for there diet requirements.

I know of 4 stores that have lost all there stock all within a week of arriving from the wholesaler in QLD.

Archived